Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jo Wood Book
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 13, 2015 07:33

Like to see Marlon write a book.

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 13, 2015 13:10

Has anyone read Uschi Obermaier's book?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2015 13:40

Thanks for the hint about Uschi's book, had never paid very close attention to her, I bumped into a promo video of sorts on YT [www.youtube.com] and extracted that picture, so Keith wasn't alone for that famous picture used for a R&F cover in 1979, odd since she apparently left him in 1975...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 13:48 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 13, 2015 15:00

latebloomer
Naturalust
Speaking of Jo's book, did she change the title of the book? Is this "Hey Jo" book the same as "It's only Rock and Roll- 30 Years Married to a Rolling Stone"?

peace

It's the same book, also called, Hey Jo: A rock and roll fantasy, in the UK.

First edition 2013 was Hey Jo then 2nd edition 2014 became IORR - 30 years married to a rolling stone

I imagine the new title sold a few more copies

It's a fun read...I read it in a couple of days on the beach last summer

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 13, 2015 15:35

z

There are 2 of them.Both have Stones/Keith content.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:21

I know very little about Uschi O. but just found this youtube clip w/ scenes from a movie made about her - check out the guys portraying/impersonating Keith & Mick...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:33

Uschi, the hottest Stones chick by far. Love her name too.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:46

Good read.

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:55

CousinC
z

Available only in German, aren't they?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:01

looks like a good portrayal of Keith by that actor.

was this film shown only in Germany?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:15

exhpart
latebloomer
Naturalust
Speaking of Jo's book, did she change the title of the book? Is this "Hey Jo" book the same as "It's only Rock and Roll- 30 Years Married to a Rolling Stone"?

peace

It's the same book, also called, Hey Jo: A rock and roll fantasy, in the UK.

First edition 2013 was Hey Jo then 2nd edition 2014 became IORR - 30 years married to a rolling stone

I imagine the new title sold a few more copies

It's a fun read...I read it in a couple of days on the beach last summer

I really enjoyed it too. Jo has a positive, upbeat personality and it shines through in the book. It's a shame it didn't work out with her and Ronnie, it's obvious that she adored him. Still, I'm glad for him that he is in such a happy place in his life now with Sally.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:28

I think the Keith' scenes in Uschis film are good and particularly the Keith portrayal of the German actor. Even Ian S. looks real in that out of car scene. Only Jagger is odd.
Eight miles high was not the german title of the movie. So it seems there was an english version.I have the (German)DVD and like the film. Brings back lots of memories of the 70's.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:05

CousinC
z

[selvedgeyard.com]
Uschi photos from 1970s

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 15, 2015 05:58

This thread has made me aware of a movie I'd not heard of- the Uschi movie.. So I watched some of it,
then, the song 'Summer Wine' played at some point..

I'd forgotten how much I used to like this song. Hearing it again I recall the nancy Sinatra version ...
It's a cool song I'm glad to be reminded of. I must have had affinity for those minor- key melodies at an early age.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 08:33

whitem8
I have a hard time with Freddie Seaman's book. Firstly, he was convicted for stealing a lot of Lennon's personal property, including Lennon's journals. So I wonder about this book and it is interesting that Yoko was able to squash its publication, so it is no longer available. I haven't read it. I avoided it out of now wanting to support Fred's crimes. But I am interested in it.

I was wary regarding Seaman especially after hearing him on the radio, but I then got my library's copy of his book and it was written more sober-mindedly than the peculiar guy I heard on the radio sounded. The most interesting comment—that I believe—came from John when they were idly talking in the Caribbean. John said about Paul, "I love Paul like a brother, but I don't like him."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 08:35 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 15, 2015 09:32

Interesting...I'm a big Macca fan (going to catch 2 of his shows in two months) but indeed I can understand why Paul was not very "likable" for Lennon, bossy, scheming (used the breakup to advertize his album, tried to get a bigger percentage of their publishing, negotiated more royalties in the 70s), etc.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:54

Title5Take1
whitem8
I have a hard time with Freddie Seaman's book. Firstly, he was convicted for stealing a lot of Lennon's personal property, including Lennon's journals. So I wonder about this book and it is interesting that Yoko was able to squash its publication, so it is no longer available. I haven't read it. I avoided it out of now wanting to support Fred's crimes. But I am interested in it.

I was wary regarding Seaman especially after hearing him on the radio, but I then got my library's copy of his book and it was written more sober-mindedly than the peculiar guy I heard on the radio sounded. The most interesting comment—that I believe—came from John when they were idly talking in the Caribbean. John said about Paul, "I love Paul like a brother, but I don't like him."

I wonder if Mick would now say the same about Keith?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home