Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Marc Maron's podcast with Keith..
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 7, 2015 13:22

It was PR people. Don't over think it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2015 17:04

gotdablouse
treaclefingers
gotdablouse
Banned SINCE the MJ "call" it seems...because he did ask Keith how he was getting along with Mick, which was a potentially "awkward" question. Keith's answer was even "worse" than Mick's, basically he has nothing to say about it.

But yes, like in 2012 Keith doesn't seem to know what's going on, where the rehearsals will take place, which guests will be there, why they wouldn't record a "back to the roots" record, etc...He's just waiting for instructions, like Charlie, Ronnie and all the support players. Mick is running the show with the "Director of Business Affairs"...

and really, who the hell are we to argue considering 50 years on we're getting new tours, and if not new releases, at least new/old music.

Absolutely, the proof is the pudding, still, one would hope that Keith could have as much input as the "Director of Business Affairs", or at least "some" input, but I suppose it's been like that since business resumed in 1989 so no real surprise there.

To me, Keith seems like one of those guys that wants to make the decisions, but then won't do the work that's necessary to get the job done. Whereas Mick inserts himself into every aspect.

If you don't have that interest, then the other guy overwhelms your contribution.

As Keith, you're annoyed, you bitch about 'Brenda' to friends, and make him the butt of the joke.

At the end of the day though, you realize that he's paved the path and all you have to do is walk down it.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 7, 2015 17:19

treaclefingers
gotdablouse
treaclefingers
gotdablouse
Banned SINCE the MJ "call" it seems...because he did ask Keith how he was getting along with Mick, which was a potentially "awkward" question. Keith's answer was even "worse" than Mick's, basically he has nothing to say about it.

But yes, like in 2012 Keith doesn't seem to know what's going on, where the rehearsals will take place, which guests will be there, why they wouldn't record a "back to the roots" record, etc...He's just waiting for instructions, like Charlie, Ronnie and all the support players. Mick is running the show with the "Director of Business Affairs"...

and really, who the hell are we to argue considering 50 years on we're getting new tours, and if not new releases, at least new/old music.

Absolutely, the proof is the pudding, still, one would hope that Keith could have as much input as the "Director of Business Affairs", or at least "some" input, but I suppose it's been like that since business resumed in 1989 so no real surprise there.

To me, Keith seems like one of those guys that wants to make the decisions, but then won't do the work that's necessary to get the job done. Whereas Mick inserts himself into every aspect.

If you don't have that interest, then the other guy overwhelms your contribution.

As Keith, you're annoyed, you bitch about 'Brenda' to friends, and make him the butt of the joke.

At the end of the day though, you realize that he's paved the path and all you have to do is walk down it.

and in many cases stumble down that path, or pass out on it..

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 18:19

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I think the Stones are missing a golden opportunity of expanding and enhancing their live sound by not including Mick Taylor.

I know Mick Jagger was quoted years ago that 3 guitars is too much for his taste (4 if he would be playing as well). I think this is in reference to MT's appearance in KC in 1981 where he played most of the show.

I for one really enjoyed Taylor's contribution to Midnight Rambler which for me was the best performed song, by far. Rambler without Taylor is still a highlight most nights and Wood's solo at the end is generally quite good and well received. Some songs though have become train wrecks or are played at such an abysmal pace they should be retired permanently, even if they are a war horse.

As much as I am looking forward to seeing my nearly 20th show this summer, I hope they don't play all of Sticky Fingers. I love the album, and CYHMK along with Moonlight Mile are two of my all time favorites. Without Taylor, these songs are dreadful. Moonlight Mile was not very good or well received in 1999 and CYHMK was painful with Wood's solo. No Bobby this time either. Hopefully if they feel obligated to playing Sticky Fingers, they stick to the hits of BS, Bitch, WH, and maybe, ugh, Dead Flowers. If you bring Taylor back, by all means, rehearse and play the entire album. Without him and without Bobby Keys, stick to the hits and the warhorses from the entire catalog.

I would love to hear them play some rare treasures (No Expectations maybe), but unless it is rehearsed and played well, they would be better off playing the same old stuff.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 7, 2015 18:32

Methinks Keith interviews better when he's....shall we say....a little bit inebriated.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 7, 2015 18:34

rockdoc8885
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I think the Stones are missing a golden opportunity of expanding and enhancing their live sound by not including Mick Taylor.

Oh it may been mentioned once or twice, in passing.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 18:36 by andrewt.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:37

Maron is pretty great, but was surely more intimidated by KR than by Jagger. Maron is a sober, formerly drug addicted blues rock guitarist. KR is his hero. Jagger is a pro and makes it easy to get a decent interview, if not an enlightening one. Keith is moodier and the questions didn't draw him out.

Date: April 8, 2015 04:29

Why does Marc laugh at absolutely everything Keith says, and he himself says?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 8, 2015 05:01

Nerves.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 8, 2015 06:10

angee
Nerves.

Well!

He's got some nerve(s)!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 8, 2015 11:16

What is it about keith that makes him more of a male icon than mick ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2015 12:11

treaclefingers
gotdablouse
treaclefingers
gotdablouse

Yeah, Keith talks the talk and walks the walk...his book can't have helped his case either.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 8, 2015 13:47

Keith has not given a single interesting interview in about 30 years. What were you expecting?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:03

EJM
What is it about keith that makes him more of a male icon than mick ?

the blade

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:42

I found both the interviews rather predictable (at least on the interviewer's part) and the answers also pretty predictable from both interviewees. With Keith in particular the gushing fan-boy style and quick-fire questions didn't seem to give him time to settle down: Mick is better at this kind of stuff, but neither of them told us much we didn't know already. Waste of time.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:30

vertigojoe
Keith has not given a single interesting interview in about 30 years. What were you expecting?

The Uncut one from 2004 was pretty good... And pretty memorable since he said that thr Stones didn't really need to make new music.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:35

vertigojoe

It depends what you're looking for. The journalist who got him to specify the strangest thing he'd ever snorted
was well pleased with that interview, as were his publishers. :E

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:55

Didn't we agree on the fact that Mr Maron is not a journalist and that it was PR rather than an "interview"? That is probably why Mr Maron was chosen. Sir Michael wants the PR but not the "interview" bits.
Who can blame him? He has probably done enough interviews in his career.

Date: April 8, 2015 16:15

Stoneage
Didn't we agree on the fact that Mr Maron is not a journalist and that it was PR rather than an "interview"? That is probably why Mr Maron was chosen. Sir Michael wants the PR but not the "interview" bits.
Who can blame him? He has probably done enough interviews in his career.

The lines between interviews, pr and marketing are almost wiped out with the media revolution the last couple of decades. This is a very popular podcast, hence they go there.

It's an interview as good as any, though, since all the usual questions were asked, as well as the fan/geek-questions about guitars, playing, band harmony etc etc...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 8, 2015 16:46

It's interesting to me that Maron's talk with Mick has become the most quoted source on one fact: no Mick Taylor.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:46

with sssoul
vertigojoe

It depends what you're looking for. The journalist who got him to specify the strangest thing he'd ever snorted
was well pleased with that interview, as were his publishers. :E

I'm looking, probably in vain, for him not to trot out the same bullshit he comes out with every time. Maybe it's down to the interviewers, maybe it's Jane Rose, maybe he just can't be bothered but I stopped expecting anything from him a LONG time ago.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:14

whats a podcast?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:13

I enjoyed the Jagger podcast a little more, but it's the same old guff every time, isn't it? The same old clichéd, tired question-and-answer babble we've been spoon-fed since the Stones ceased to be interesting.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home