Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Songs to Drop from previous Tour
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:21

Mister Mick played Moonlight Mile live in 1999. Mick Taylor was not present but
Certainly missed.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:25

swimtothemoon
Mister Mick played Moonlight Mile live in 1999. Mick Taylor was not present but
Certainly missed.
That No Security tour really brought out some great songs.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:26

This will never happen in a million years, but they replace every song played last tour. They have more than enough masterpieces in their back catalogue >grinning smiley<

Date: April 19, 2015 08:32

Ya know, I am just as happy as can be that they have decided to come back through and play places in the U.S. which they have missed on the last several tours and give us another dose of live Stones and I really dont care what they play, as long as they play.

It is going to be fun!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:42

Leonioid
curmudgeoning

Well if that were actually a word I'd happily own it if it would limit your disrespectful jabs at Mick Taylor and the many people who think he will be missed on a Sticky Fingers tour. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:44

No warhorses please! Plenty of brilliant other songs from their back catalogue to play.

Or play two albums back to back. Really looking forward to the Undercover and Dirty Work night. And no, I'm not kidding.

Pete.

Date: April 19, 2015 08:54

Naturalust
Leonioid
curmudgeoning

Well if that were actually a word I'd happily own it if it would limit your disrespectful jabs at Mick Taylor and the many people who think he will be missed on a Sticky Fingers tour. grinning smiley

peace

no deal

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 19, 2015 10:39

Drop nothing,
cut down the length of songs that go on forever
more variety with the current amount of songs played

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 19, 2015 11:38

Chris Fountain
MLH, OOT would be welcomed additions, even Ride on Baby.

Agreed! But more likely in a parallel universe where Keith calls the shots and Mick is on salary to sing.

Different songs in setlist
Posted by: mcGill ()
Date: April 9, 2015 11:31

Hi,
Great that the stones keep rolling!
I hope they gonna play more songs that they have never, or hardly ever, played live, like f.e.; come on, all over now, cant be satisfied, salt of the earth, fight, mixed emotions, too rude, the worst and so on. I think it would be great if this kind of songs were rediscovered to build a surprising show

Opener
Posted by: veronus ()
Date: April 18, 2015 22:58

Sorry but i still think the opener for this tour Must BE ONE HIT TO THE THE BODY!!!!

Re: Opener
Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:20

I'm dreaming they'll open with Sweet Virginia.

Imagine Keith comes on stage wearing an acoustic. The crowd is thinking "WTF???". Mick shortly follows, and struts up to the mic carrying his harmonica. The song starts up, then during the choruses everyone in the stadium is singing along to "got to scrape the shit right off your shoes". Classic and total unprecedented. It would send chills down my spine. Although One Hit would be good, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 23:40 by josepi.

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:58

Thats also a nice one

Date: April 19, 2015 00:12

We Love You!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:13

It doesn't matter what they play first. More importantly, they need to mix up the sequence and selection of songs and be as unpredictable as possible.

The Voice of Reason.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:14

josepi

Imagine Keith comes on stage wearing an acoustic. The crowd is thinking "WTF???". Mick shortly follows, and struts up to the mic carrying his harmonica. The song starts up, then during the choruses everyone in the stadium is singing along to "got to scrape the shit right off your shoes". Classic and total unprecedented. It would send chills down my spine. Although One Hit would be good, too.

Sweet Virginia as an opener. Yeah that's one way to get the crowd to sit down. great tune though so why do just open with Lady Jane?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:17

josepi

Why don't you just start the Indy 500 at 30 mph?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:19

Rocks off if they could pull it off which they can't. Sorry but it wouldnt sound great now. If you cant rock me but it's the same problem there. Wouldnt do it justice. Route 66 with Ronnie doing the solo. Respectable could be number two. Maybe they open with Lets spend the night. Or Have you seen your mother?

Date: April 19, 2015 00:35

josepi

Not likely for a stadium show josepi but I love the picture you paint. It's a great dream, might work extremely well for a smaller venue and without the introduction. The build idea is particularly nice, each member coming in at an opportune time in the song, building to a climax with the crowd helping out in the end. Start with one, end with thousands, the ultimate build...nice. An excellent idea for a music video.

But, I just can't imagine it after some very enthuiastic "Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you Ready?! Are you Ready?! I'd delighted to Present to you tonight...THE ROLLING STONES!!". Or even worse after some fireworks and huge multimedia display like on A Bigger Bang.

But just thinking about the feeling of an opener to a big rock show, especially the Stones has got my blood pumping. As long as they don't do Start Me Up I'm ok with whatever they choose, but of course that is unlikely as well.

peace

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:04

In any case not JJF or SMU. The back catalogue is vast enough, boys! Look there and find some rocker...

Date: April 19, 2015 02:00

Gomper

Date: April 19, 2015 02:09

Can't you hear the music - if done right it could be awesome. Of course not a
chance.

Seriously though, Gimmie Shelter would be a intersesting opener. However, not sure it would be appropriate to bring the Lisa bit into the first number.

Date: April 19, 2015 02:38

Really liked the choir but I don't think it will be repeated.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2015 02:59

It's a Sticky tour so you'd just about bet it's gonna be something from that album

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2015 03:13

Rockman
It's a Sticky tour so you'd just about bet it's gonna be something from that album
Thatd be a Bitch

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:16

It's going to be Jumping Jack Flash. I'll bet on it.

Date: April 19, 2015 03:20

Rockman

Well that pretty much limits it to Brown Sugar or Bitch which would both work fine. CYHMK with its breakdown and long instrumental section won't happen as an opener but a pretty sure bet for mid-show.

peace

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:49

They should be bold and open with You Gotta Move. They could do it with a Chuck Reprise, that would go down really well around here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-19 03:51 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:52

Open with Lady Jane and have top-less waitress's handing out glasses of champagne to all in thee audience .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:56

Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it"

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home