Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Zip Code Tour Setlists
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 5, 2015 17:18

I am taking my dad who hasn't seen them since 2002. Our only hope is that they play a Chuck Berry tune. That's it. Neither of us have ever heard them do one live. He's seen them 4 times, I've seen them 15 times since 97.

Date: April 5, 2015 17:41

Maybe "Let it Rock" this time out ??

I heard a rumor on here a while back that there is some kind of problem now preventing them from performing the Chuck Berry songs live in concert. I can't remember what it was .... royalties,contractual problem,personal dispute with Chuck Berry or his camp. I am not sure. I think that they brought LQ back at the 2013 warm-up show,though,for the 1st time since 1998.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 5, 2015 18:27

Winning Ugly VXII
RoughJusticeOnYa
I doubt they're gonna play Doom & Gloom again.

I doubt it also but,it would be VERY sad to have no songs from the past 10 years in the set list.

They should include either "One More Shot" / "I Ain't Signifying" / "It Won't Take Long" / "She Saw Me Coming" / or "Laugh,I Nearly Died" ..... or all of them at least in rotation with each other. Or they could keep "Doom and Gloom" in there.

There IS room for 1 recent song,even with extra 'Sticky Fingers' album tracks.

Don't you worry; I got a feeling they'll be revisiting Rough Justice (no pun intended) again...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 5, 2015 22:40

Winning Ugly VXII

I heard a rumor on here a while back that there is some kind of problem now preventing them from performing the Chuck Berry songs live in concert. I can't remember what it was .... royalties,contractual problem,personal dispute with Chuck Berry or his camp. I am not sure. I think that they brought LQ back at the 2013 warm-up show,though,for the 1st time since 1998.

And that's the holy grail gig for certain. They played Around and Around in 2012.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 6, 2015 08:58

Naturalust- How about something like this:

Satisfaction
Mother Little Helper
19th Nervous Breakdown
Paint it Black
2000 Light Years from Home
The Last Time
Stray Cat Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
CYHMK
Bitch
Monkey Man
HTW
Before They Make Me Run
Coming Down Again
Shattered
Gimme Shelter
Star Star
IORR
SFM
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash

E-1 Start Me Up
E-2 SFD

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 09:18

flacnvinyl
I am taking my dad who hasn't seen them since 2002. Our only hope is that they play a Chuck Berry tune. That's it. Neither of us have ever heard them do one live. He's seen them 4 times, I've seen them 15 times since 97.

Oh that's cool! Well, best of luck, I hope you and your dad get to hear that Berry tune this summer smiling smiley

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: April 6, 2015 15:26

Naturalust
Talking about Sway and hearing Mick on the Marc Maron podcast has got me wondering....what does Jagger have against slow songs? Does he think that people in the audience can't/don't appreciate them because they are not dancing or on their feet? Does he think that they don't belong in a large venue live concert setting? Does a fast tempo song reach the fan in the back row of a stadium any more effectively than slow tempo one?

I think his performance has become too dependent on uptempo stuff that he can run around the stage in sync with and has forgotten that as music appreciators we love a well sung, well played slow song too. I would never criticize a Stones show if they played a few more of them, all of them on Sticky Fingers, if done well would be a treat in any setting.

Perhaps it is a visual thing and he feels it's easier to provide some visual cues and entertaining moves to the folks in the nosebleed seats with up tempo numbers. Maybe he needs the faster songs to keep his own energy level high in a show and maybe he just feels he can't entertain as well with just his voice. But I cringe to think how many great Stones tunes we've never heard live because Mick decided they weren't up tempo enough for the show.

My attraction to the Stones is purely musical anyway, not particularly drawn to them because of Mick's dancing, any show/stage related props or similar offerings. The best music, imo, was when both Taylor and Wyman (and even Keith to a lesser extent) were standing still as statues, concentrating on the music and letting it speak for itself. Slow songs can speak for themselves and I welcome a few more of them this time out.

peace
I was lucky enough to be in attendance when they played "Sway" in Glasgow a few years back.... what happens? Hundreds flooding out to the bars etc because it "wasn't known".. That I feel is why he avoids these slower/rare songs. Whether we like it or not the vast majority of the crowd are there to see the cicrcus, hits only... keep the tempo up keep them entertained. I'm sure he's stated this in interviews before regarding playing "Memory Motel"
john

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:35

With Mick quoted all over as backing away from doing Sticky Fingers in stadiums as it has too many slow songs (that I would LOVE to hear) I am guessing we will get Brown Sugar, Bitch, Dead Flowers (which are played often anyway) and maybe adding in Sway or CYHMK. Not a lot different from recent tours. Though sadly without MT.

I just don't see the setlist changing a lot from where they were in Oz. It doesn't sound like they are doing extensive rehearsing in prep for this tour.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:38

I believed they played Around and Around in Brooklyn at Barclay's in 2012.Can't remember who guested on it.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:44

oldfan
I believed they played Around and Around in Brooklyn at Barclay's in 2012.Can't remember who guested on it.

That's a misremembering. At Barclay's in 2012 Gary Clarke Jr guested on Going Down.
Around & Around was played at Prudential Center on December 13th. And it was rehearsed in 2013.

PS: Blessings on Nico Zentgraf and his brilliant site for checking these things [www.nzentgraf.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 16:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:57

Thanks for straightening out my memory with sssoul. I was at both shows and enjoyed them very much. Both those songs were a real treat.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: April 6, 2015 20:27

This would be nice.

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
4. Dead Flowers
5. Moonlight Mile (Trade with Sway on different shows)
6. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
7. Honky Tonk Women
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Little T&A
10. Happy or Before They Make Me Run (It would be nice to hear I Wanna Hold You)
11. Emotional Rescue
12. Gimme Shelter
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Start Me Up
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

Date: April 6, 2015 20:44

I like the idea of "Moonlight Mile" and "Emotional Rescue" instead of "Miss You" BUT,they can do a little bit better.

Jagger was on the radio talking about 1 or 2 songs that they have never done in concert before. 1 or 2 of those + 2 Sticky Fingers deep album tracks + 1 modern song from the past decade is not too much to ask.

That's 5 songs out of 19 for the non-casual fans. ( 12 warhorses + 2 or 3 Richards lead vocal songs ) .

"IORR" has been done to death in the 2nd and 3rd slots in the set-list. Move it somewhere else in the show or drop it.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 6, 2015 20:55

Winning Ugly VXII

The Rolling Stones, like any artist, are free to perform whatever cover song they wish in concert. There's no royalties involved to the original writer, no contracts.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 6, 2015 21:13

Midnight Toker
Naturalust- How about something like this:

Satisfaction
Mother Little Helper
19th Nervous Breakdown
Paint it Black
2000 Light Years from Home
The Last Time
Stray Cat Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
CYHMK
Bitch
Monkey Man
HTW
Before They Make Me Run
Coming Down Again
Shattered
Gimme Shelter
Star Star
IORR
SFM
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash

E-1 Start Me Up
E-2 SFD

Much better than I would expect for sure. No Start Me Up, Satisfaction or Shattered and add Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues, Sway (slowed down like the orig.) and something rarely played off Exile like Let it Loose and it would be more to my liking...but still highly unlikely.

peace

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 21:49

JohnnyBGoode
This would be nice.

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
4. Dead Flowers
5. Moonlight Mile (Trade with Sway on different shows)
6. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
7. Honky Tonk Women
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Little T&A
10. Happy or Before They Make Me Run (It would be nice to hear I Wanna Hold You)
11. Emotional Rescue
12. Gimme Shelter
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Start Me Up
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

You were going swell til the last 5 - ugh

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:00

Street Fighting Man
Gloom and Doom
Rocks Off
Mixed Emotions
Under The Radar
Brown Sugar
Sway
Wild Horses
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
You Gotta Move
Bitch
I Got The Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
Moonlight Mile
Before They Make me Run
Coming Down Again
Midnight Rambler
Love Is Strong
Dandelion
She's a Rainbow
You Got Me Rocking
Out of Control
Rough Justice
JJ Flash
Rip This Joint

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: April 7, 2015 04:18

played it on 12/13 no special guest..respectable was with john mayer and probably highlight of show in my opinion.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 04:44

Boognish
Winning Ugly VXII

The Rolling Stones, like any artist, are free to perform whatever cover song they wish in concert. There's no royalties involved to the original writer, no contracts.

Unless something has changed in the law, the writers and publishers collect royalties thru BMI/ASCAP when songs they own are down by others.

Songs to Drop from previous Tour
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:36

I would appreciate it if Miss You & YCAGWYW are omitted from this tour. I'm good with the rest-

Re: Songs to Drop from previous Tour
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:41

Include with that Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar,Sympathy for the Devil, You Got Me Rocking, and Satisfaction. Bring back Street Fighting Man, Monkey Man, and moonlight Mile.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:42

Chris Fountain
I would appreciate it if Miss You & YCAGWYW are omitted from this tour. I'm good with the rest-

WHAT!!??
No local choirs singing the splendid intro to YCAGWYW!!? Are you out of your mind?

Date: April 18, 2015 23:47

Leonioid
Chris Fountain

WHAT!!??
No local choirs singing the splendid intro to YCAGWYW!!? Are you out of your mind?

I'm going to the concert for Rock-n-Roll event not a choir procession. I want straight R & R

MLH, OOT would be welcomed additions, even Ride on Baby.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:54

I certainly hope they are wise enough to keep inviting the local guest choirs for numerous reasons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 23:55 by Leonioid.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:55

I would like a rock version of Out of Time also.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:27

The only song that will be dropped on this tour is Doom and Gloom.

Date: April 19, 2015 00:40

stonehearted
The only song that will be dropped on this tour is Doom and Gloom.

Doom and Gloom has run it's course. Great Song . Howevever we need to seal the deal with MLH, OOT or even ROB.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:40

Start me Up, Doom and Gloom, Satisfaction, Miss You, Honky Tonk Women and Happy are the ones I could do without.

peace

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:47

I want more of the disco/funk-oriented Stones sound.
(Not very likely this time with the reissue of Sticky Fingers)

Drop: Doom and Gloom,Sympathy (at least as in the version played since 89) Satisfaction, Start Me Up And It's only Rocknroll

In: Everything Is Turning To Gold, Dance, Send It To Me, Feel on Baby and Coming Down Again

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 19, 2015 00:59

Miss You and Emotional Rescue and the choir on YCAGWYW. In addition some of the so called war horses. We heard them for 20 years or more in almost the same arrangement, particularly the sampled SFTD.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home