Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick on Marc Maron podcast today
Date: April 3, 2015 22:06

24FPS
gotdablouse
Diplomatic in so far as "it was great, we only thought it would only be one show in London and we went round the world", ok, but duh..."I don't think he's coming on this", ok.

Why is it when Mick Jagger says 'we' when referring to what remains of the Stones, that I only here 'I'?

"We" could also mean Jagger and Taylor.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 3, 2015 22:26

Basically, Sir Michael is a master at the art of avoiding or sidestepping "difficult" questions. And few "journalists" dare to confront him in any way.
If they do the interview tends to be very short. Sir Michael always has the upper hand. Always in control.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:08

Stoneage
Basically, Sir Michael is a master at the art of avoiding or sidestepping "difficult" questions. And few "journalists" dare to confront him in any way.
If they do the interview tends to be very short. Sir Michael always has the upper hand. Always in control.

The 'interviews", such as they are for PR, period.
To promote the latest product. Thats all the old guard do......can't really blame them.

Re: Mick on Marc Maron podcast April 2
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:51

More than anything, the post-interview reaction of Maron and his cohort speak volumes of the indelible impact the Stones, a band from the 60s, had on the Tattoo You (second) generation from the 80s.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:41

jlowe
Stoneage

The 'interviews", such as they are for PR, period.
To promote the latest product. Thats all the old guard do......can't really blame them.

You're right, jlowe. It's promotion our "West Cost Promo Man" is doing here. Nothing more, nothing less. But we got more information out of this promotion than from regular "journalist" stuff.
Because he asked "fan" questions. Which is rare, I guess..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2015 20:24

I finally got to hear it, you find just the Mick/Marc part on YouTube. Yeah, you could hear Mick being guarded when it came to exactly what the deal is with Mick Taylor. Just that little hesitation when Mick answered, "He's got", and then he stopped himself from saying more.

And Mick's reference to Bill was actually kind of nice. He said he sees him all the time when he's in London and that Bill's really a sweet guy, and then Mick sort of mumbles off when it comes to Bill and the Stones. Mick did seem a little mystified that people still mention Bill, saying that Bill left quite a few years ago.

Mick still seemed up in the air about playing the entire SF live, because of the slow numbers, but Marc pushed him on that saying people would be floored to just hear some of those songs they never hear.

All in all it was better than most of your pre-packaged Mick controlled interviews.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 4, 2015 22:06

nice interview, thanks for posting,

but....being a Stones fan, Marc and havent seen them since........

haaaaaaaaaaaahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah

Jeroen

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 5, 2015 01:59

Just got around to listening, so I'll add my thanks for posting the interview.

Mick sounds great, as usual...very relaxed and ready to toouar, as you Brits say. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home