Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick on Marc Maron podcast today
Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:29

Anybody know what happened with James Brown in 1981?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:30

great interview, I love Maron's podcasts, one of the best out there!

Date: April 3, 2015 01:35

A really nice interview. Thanks for posting thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:44

[twitter.com]

he also had Keef interviewed and will broadcast it Monday.

Posted by: Robb2 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:55

Aw, thanks for posting and confirming, wishing the best to Mick T wishing he was on this jaunt too.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:58

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

he also had Keef interviewed and will broadcast it Monday.

Thanks for the update. Looks like Marc has just about lost it. A huge day for him.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:24

Thank you for posting!

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:29

Cool interview & good questions. Looking forward to the KR interview

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:43

Two of my favorite people of all time in the media/music world talking together!!!

I put a Maron quote at the end of my book You Get What You Need. :-) I guess he will have to go to
Petco Park now, huh? Mick said he'd make sure he and his friends would have a "special place." cool smiley

I want to listen to the interview in context of the whole podcast tonight.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 03:44 by angee.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:13

A different interview, not "great" in any way, but informal and down to earth. Hilarious that Sir Michael will "make a special place" for him and his buddies although they are not young model girls...
Very daring of him to ask about Keith and Mick Taylor in almost the same sentence. But I guess he's unaware about Sir Michael's reputation when it comes to unwanted questions.
He didn't dare to follow up the questions though. Which probably was a wise decision. He didn't titule the Commander either. He simply called him Mick...

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:19

Justin

Hey Mick.....How about your IORR fans going to the San Diego show? Can we sit with Marc, also????? What about us, Mick? Who is that Marc, guy, anyway, when you've know us longer than him?! You can message me. lol

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:29

Are you a young model girl Straycat 13, as your username implies? Then you shouldn't worry. Just give him a call...

Date: April 3, 2015 04:33

Oh...ok! Thanks!

Date: April 3, 2015 04:35

Yeah...he didn't answer...Maybe I'll try the bat phone.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 3, 2015 11:19

Thanks, Justin! That was a nice listen.

I also miss Bill's dancing...grinning smiley

I wonder what happened with James Brown back in 1981. "Oh no, I'm not going to open for those skinny English boys again..."

- Doxa

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 3, 2015 12:42

Great interview. I loved that he went for the obvious questions -- I mean obvious to us -- about the music (including the Sticky Fingers reissue), setlists, Mick Taylor, his relation to Keith, and Bill Wyman. I mean, those are basically the top 5 subjects here on IORR. Feels like Marc has the hardcore fan's perspective and didn't compromise too much. Judging by the interview he succeeded pretty well, considering that Mick at least sounded happy throughout.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:52

of course its a no. Its a Mick No . .

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:53

LieB
Great interview. I loved that he went for the obvious questions -- I mean obvious to us -- about the music (including the Sticky Fingers reissue), setlists, Mick Taylor, his relation to Keith, and Bill Wyman. I mean, those are basically the top 5 subjects here on IORR. Feels like Marc has the hardcore fan's perspective and didn't compromise too much. Judging by the interview he succeeded pretty well, considering that Mick at least sounded happy throughout.

Actually, I think the number one issue is....."can we expect any NEW product from the Stones any time soon?".

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 3, 2015 16:03

Justin
alhavu1
This guy ADMITS he has not seen them since 1981!!! Geesh

Nothing wrong with that. He was 18 when he saw that show. By the time the Stones toured again Maron was focused on building his stand up career. Not sure how much you know about young struggling comedians but they don't have extra cash to spend on $200 concert tickets.

...It was a mere 30 to 40 $ in those days (1989) Justin.

And it never skyrocketed before No Security.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 3, 2015 18:28

Listening to the lead-up to Mick on the complete podcast....funny/interesting stuff.

Maron at first says he doesn't want to do the interview since he only does hour-long talks, not ten minute clips.
Luckily he said he has to talk to his producer who tells him, what, are you crazy, of course you want to talkto Mick Jagger!
Thinking back, he realizes how arrogant his first thoughts were and how mistaken.

Then Mick is late on the call so Maron asks the liason person how long it will be, insists he needs a window of time. Satisfied when he is told another half hour/45 minutes (I think), he and his friend leave the garage where the show is done, and the phone immediately starts ringing. Luckily, he runs back to answer it, saying hello and hearing Mick's voice.

Looking forward to hearing the Keith interview on Monday...

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 3, 2015 18:37

Stoneage
A different interview, not "great" in any way, but informal and down to earth. Hilarious that Sir Michael will "make a special place" for him and his buddies although they are not young model girls...
Very daring of him to ask about Keith and Mick Taylor in almost the same sentence. But I guess he's unaware about Sir Michael's reputation when it comes to unwanted questions.
He didn't dare to follow up the questions though. Which probably was a wise decision. He didn't titule the Commander either. He simply called him Mick...

"Hi, Sir, how are you doing"?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 3, 2015 18:50

'A huge fan' who hasn't seen them since '81? Yeah, whatever.
Interesting comments from Mick though. Makes you think you need to give them a bit of slack on the set lists. As he says, they try things out, and some stuff just doesn't work. Good interview though!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 18:50

vincentwhirlwind
Anybody know what happened with James Brown in 1981?

He tried to sort of "extort" the Stones/promoters at the last second for more $$$. They called his bluff. I was there - Screaming Jay was cool

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:07

Shawn20
I am so happy the Taylor question was asked - it is an obvious question. The crap about Taylor not in the band any longer is junk. Let me tell you who also isn't in the band - Lisa, Bernard, Darrell Jones - and they're still there! Damn.

It is a fact that MT is not in the band any longer.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:08

Stones are like the North Korean dictatorship: hard to tell what's really going on behind the scenes; little palace coups staged by Keith; rank propaganda; etc.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:36

north korea? they only owe us great shows. which they deliver on. i found mick to be unbelievable in 2013. singing better than at 25. if keith would put in 10% of the work mick does we would have best stones ever. they only have to satisfy themselves. they only have to answer to themselves.
never understood this "diehard fan" refusal to acknowledge they were ripped-off for millions of dollars in the sixties. or all the other BS grief they have to put up with to go out on the road as the rolling stones.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:04

Mel Belli
Stones are like the North Korean dictatorship: hard to tell what's really going on behind the scenes; little palace coups staged by Keith; rank propaganda; etc.

You do get a sense of that don't you, all very "hush, hush", Keith not being informed of what's going on (Taylor overdubs on PMS, or the planning for the 5 50th shows, etc...). And what was it that Bianca called the Stones organization ? Right...

There clearly isn't a lot of communication going on...wasn't it Chuck who said he was amazed to see them get back to rehearsing after years off the road after saying quick hellos?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:04

I'll use a gentler analogy, then.

They're like God letting Moses only look at the promised land, but not enter into it. I've defended Mick and his exceptional work ethic many times, here and in other media. But, collectively, they charge too much, their set lists are too rigid, and the shows are too short. Springsteen may not be your cup of tea, maybe it's an unfair comp, but the guy has played probably 80% or more of his officially released catalog in the last six years. His shows are a more satisfying experience *for his fans*.

Mick wills the machine to go, go, go, but, for a variety of reasons — Keith's health and erratic playing, his own overabundance of caution and lack of imagination — the machine just runs in place.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2015 21:22

gotdablouse
Diplomatic in so far as "it was great, we only thought it would only be one show in London and we went round the world", ok, but duh..."I don't think he's coming on this", ok.

Why is it when Mick Jagger says 'we' when referring to what remains of the Stones, that I only here 'I'?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2015 22:00

Rollin92
Glad Marc asked about Bill as well

And how did Mick 'diplomatically' handle that one?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home