Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick on Marc Maron podcast April 2
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 23:05 by bv.

Re: Mick on Marc Maron podcast today
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:16

Good post! Thanks. Some good discussion on what we are likely to hear from the SF record this tour and the disappointing first hand confirmation that Taylor will not be playing on this tour.

peace

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:18

Naturalust
Good post! Thanks. Some good discussion on what we are likely to hear from the SF record this tour and the disappointing first hand confirmation that Taylor will not be playing on this tour.

peace

@ 4:32 the question everyone wanted answered is asked... and answered diplomatically.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:18

Thanks Justin ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:19

Just tuned in...ok, I'm braced for THE question !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 2, 2015 21:26

Diplomatic in so far as "it was great, we only thought it would only be one show in London and we went round the world", ok, but duh..."I don't think he's coming on this", ok.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:29

Great post! Thank you very much, Justin.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:30

Was just in the process of downloading it to my iPod. Thanks for posting the audio clip so I didn't have to scan around for it.

I love how Marc cackled when Mick said tepidly, "Pretty good..." after asking how he and Keith are getting on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 21:35 by keefriff99.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:32

gotdablouse
Diplomatic in so far as "it was great, we only thought it would only be one show in London and we went round the world", ok, but duh..."I don't think he's coming on this", ok.
"I don't think..."...What's that supposed to mean? I have no audio right now...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:41

palerider22
gotdablouse
That's not a no.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:48

this guy knows how to do an interview and has fun doing it.
what a great change from the usual predictable PR washup.
doesn't seem starstruck and won't avoid to ask the tough stuff.
great how Mick wants to know if Keef will be on the program!

Date: April 2, 2015 21:58

DoomandGloom
palerider22
gotdablouse
That's not a no.

Mick did the politician savvy move of answering a question that has a negative answer by adding a positive spin on it as to soften the blow. He knows the answer is no and he knows no one's going to like that answer so he fluffs it up with a reminder that they took Taylor all over the world for two years.

Nikkei

Yes Nikkei, I highly recommend following Marc Maron's podcast---he's one of the most popular podcasts in the US and has a variety of actors/comedians and musicians come on the show. Maron is a comedian by trade so his style and delivery is very much his own and not like your typical interviews. He is a huge music fan and his music interviews are always worthwhile. As a big fan myself, I'm thrilled he was able to get Mick for an interview. I know how much of a fan he is and you can tell just how happy he is just by talking with him. Real happy for him...hope he gets Keith soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 21:59 by Justin.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:00

If they drop Midnight Rambler from the setlist and play 3 more songs, give me a 22 song setlist anyday rather than a 19 song playlist with Taylor soloing 15 minutes on MR.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:01

wow, what a down to earth interview, and even though MJ had his talking points nailed down, he sounded pretty at ease.

Very cool and thanks for sharing that!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:06

This guy ADMITS he has not seen them since 1981!!! Geesh

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:06

Thanks, Justin. I think Mick has spoken more interesting things on this interview than on his previous interview with Jim Kerr. thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:10

Justin
DoomandGloom
palerider22
gotdablouse
That's not a no.

Mick did the politician savvy move of answering a question that has a negative answer by adding a positive spin on it as to soften the blow. He knows the answer is no and he knows no one's going to like that answer so he fluffs it up with a reminder that they took Taylor all over the world for two years.

Nikkei

Yes Nikkei, I highly recommend following Marc Maron's podcast---he's one of the most popular podcasts in the US and has a variety of actors/comedians and musicians come on the show. Maron is a comedian by trade so his style and delivery is very much his own and not like your typical interviews. He is a huge music fan and his music interviews are always worthwhile. As a big fan myself, I'm thrilled he was able to get Mick for an interview. I know how much of a fan he is and you can tell just how happy he is just by talking with him. Real happy for him...hope he gets Keith soon.

hmmm.. I hope he gets Taylor for an interview...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:12

Cristiano Radtke
Thanks, Justin. I think Mick has spoken more interesting things on this interview than on his previous interview with Jim Kerr. thumbs up

Kerr just managed to arrange the soundbites he got from the stones to resemble an interview

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:13

Thanks for sharing thumbs up

---------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:16

Was just about to share this, a friend of mine sent this to me and said the guy reminded him of me.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:21

Nikkei

Mick has been interviewed so many times I think some of us could answer for him. Always a smooth talking politician, always answering potentially controversial questions with a positive spin. Mick has asked about Keith being interviewed many times in the past, it's almost a canned answer for him when Keith comes up. It kind of deflects the interviewer from asking more questions about Keith, a subject which he obviously doesn't like to talk about. A nice way of saying "Ask him yourself".

But I do love Mr. Maron for asking about Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman and whether they might play Sticky Fingers in it's entirety. Great questions for such a short interview. Makes me think how much I'd like to see Mick and Keith interviewed by Howard Stern and grilled on all the tough and taboo subjects....

peace

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:23

Refreshing interview...but he stumbled around on 'the question'. ..

"No, I don't think...He's not...he's got...he's not...ah...not going to play on this tour.......I don't think he's coming on this."

He seemed regretful by his tone of voice...There seems to be some kind of roadblock not by his doing...ah..."he's got" (?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 22:24 by palerider22.

Date: April 2, 2015 22:27

alhavu1

Nothing wrong with that. He was 18 when he saw that show. By the time the Stones toured again Maron was focused on building his stand up career. Not sure how much you know about young struggling comedians but they don't have extra cash to spend on $200 concert tickets.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:29

DoomandGloom
That's not a no.

Yes, that is a NO.
The way he phrases it is just a way to avoid taking responsibility for his own decision.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:31

Justin
alhavu1

Nothing wrong with that. He was 18 when he saw that show. By the time the Stones toured again Maron was focused on building his stand up career. Not sure how much you know about young struggling comedians but they don't have extra cash to spend on $200 concert tickets.

Well don't ADMIT it. Geesh

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:36

Justin
alhavu1

The 1981 comment struck me as odd too, but that's a good reality-check explanation. And this is why they do the warhorses, because there are still plenty of "fangirls" (Maron's term) who come out to see them only once every few decades.

I like how Mick was vague about his whereabouts. West Indies covers a lot of water, and it's a term many non-cricketers may be unfamiliar with.

Date: April 2, 2015 22:42

It's cool to hear the interview in the full context of the full podcast: Listen to the moments before Mick calls in while Marc explains the behind the scenes buildup leading to the interview and his connection to the Stones. And also as he and his friend also a superfan geek out about the Stones....

[www.wtfpod.com]

Apparently, Keith and Ronnie were/are also in the running to call in. the moments after the call would be just like any one of us reacting to getting off a call with Mick...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 22:49 by Justin.

Date: April 2, 2015 23:45

palerider22
Refreshing interview...but he stumbled around on 'the question'. ..

"No, I don't think...He's not...he's got...he's not...ah...not going to play on this tour.......I don't think he's coming on this."

He seemed regretful by his tone of voice...There seems to be some kind of roadblock not by his doing...ah..."he's got" (?)

Yeah it seemed like he was about to say something there and then checked himself. He certainly didn't seem to be expecting that question, it seems like Maron didn't get the "cheat sheet" or tossed it? Looks like he also didn't get the memo about "no questions about Keith", hehe...Strange guarded answer by Mick there too, it would have been easier for him to say that he'd just seen Keith last week and that they'd had a good time in NY or whatever.

I hope he gets Keith and asks about Taylor too, looking forward to Keith saying that he would have liked him to be around but...

Will definitely check out more of what he does, he must be of some "importance" for Mick to call him on his terms?

PS - Listening to the whole thing now, the before and after, pretty amazing, that guy reminds me of Greg Kihn (or is it Lamont from The BONE 107.7 ?) who used to DJ on KFOX, a bit of . Strange the way he laughed when he asked about Keith, maybe that's what put off Mick?

Interesting that he invited him to San Diego, not to the "secret show" in LA ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 00:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:04

I am so happy the Taylor question was asked - it is an obvious question. The crap about Taylor not in the band any longer is junk. Let me tell you who also isn't in the band - Lisa, Bernard, Darrell Jones - and they're still there! Damn.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:27

Glad Marc asked about Bill as well

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home