Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:36

angee
RS
We are 2 hours away from our hotel. Have been listening and still listening to Rolling Stones!

-RS

RS, looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.
Thanks to you and your dad. Will have the book ready!!!
On with the show, and rock n roll! smiling bouncing smiley

Same here! We just got to the hotel finally! grinning smiley

-RS

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:46

tumblingdice
Maybe I'm missing something, but wondering what that smiley face on the logo/shirts and all stand for. I'm sure it's simple but I have never saw or heard of that in relation to Milwaukee. Perhaps the Smiley itself originated there? What am I missing?
Nevermind, I see it was explained earlier. Never saw that before.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:54

Javadave
I did post the pictures on the Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh forum called the Philzone. You can check them out here:

[www.philzone.org]

They are in the Rolling Stones North Anerican (ibid) Tour 2015 thread in the Other Stuff folder.

Thx!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:19

sweet neo con
Guessing that they will also have something specific for Buddy Guy to help with...like I GOT THE BLUES or YOU GOTTA MOVE too.

I'm guessing Rock Me Baby, with Buddy Guy.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 23, 2015 09:58

This is my first post. It is show day. I am so excited I can't sleep.

I hope there are good scopers tonight. Going to try to read through the scoping thread to see if I can get the hang of it. I am an absolute computer novice. All I know how to do is point and click and type.

Good luck to all who are there. Have a wonderful Stones experience.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 23, 2015 10:11

Lipsgogreen
This is my first post. It is show day. I am so excited I can't sleep.

I hope there are good scopers tonight. Going to try to read through the scoping thread to see if I can get the hang of it. I am an absolute computer novice. All I know how to do is point and click and type.

Good luck to all who are there. Have a wonderful Stones experience.

Thanks.

Tim
winking smiley you're back!

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 23, 2015 10:17

I don't know what you are talking about. That was my first post here.

Sshhhhhh.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:30

With the 7 hour difference with Europe and great scope reports of Pittsburgh I might try to get up early tomorrow morning!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:51

Javadave
After I went to the Marcus Amphitheater, I strolled through the Historic Third Ward just west of the concert area. Lots of bars and pubs there. The Milwaukee Ale House is a nice taproom with over 50 beers on draft as well as lots of bottles. Just north of there, the Milwaukee Public Market has some great food and beverage choices.

After I left there, I walked through downtown to check out The Pfister where I stayed for my oldest brothers wedding in 1989, the last time I was here, and the Cathedral of St. John The Evangelist, where they got hitched. What a flashback!

After that, I continued north to Brady Street, which also has lots of hip bistros and cafes, where I peaked in on a really nice record store called The Exclusive at the corner of Farwall and Brady

I just about walked the soles off my shoes, so I grabbed a sixer of a local pilsner and am chilling out back at my Airbnb rental on the north side.

I really like your storytelling and photos. Feels like i am there instead of Europe. Go on, please!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 23, 2015 13:24

Anyone know if you can take small back packs into the Marcus Amphitheatre . Flown from the UK for this one , starting to get excited .voted for heartbreaker and hoping Buddy Guy will join them for " you gotta move "

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:06

welshphil
Anyone know if you can take small back packs into the Marcus Amphitheatre . Flown from the UK for this one , starting to get excited .voted for heartbreaker and hoping Buddy Guy will join them for " you gotta move "

According to summerfest web site, draw string backpacks are OK.

[manage.summerfest.com]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:01

forsure
here ya go java... man, so jealous, this is going to be dare I saw EPIC

thanks for the pics. is this shot from directly behind section 1 (keith's side)?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:56

Does anybody have any plans for today before the show?

-RS

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:32

mnewman505
The Sicilian
filstan
I broke down and bought Stub hub bleacher tickets this weekend for double face value, but at least I'm in. $200 to see the Stones isn't bad these days even though the seat location is in the back. I will at least keep my streak intact of seeing these guys on every N. American tour since 1969. My wife convinced me Sat night with one simple statement. "C'mon it's The Stones......how can you NOT go?" Tickets were bought within 5 minutes. My wife and I along with 2 longtime friends will attend.

Ready to rock.

Tough to not go after seeing all the tours, but you could have left the wife home and pocketed the $200. Buy her a tee shirt instead. After the 8th song you'll be glad you did.
Are the t-shirts $40 or $50 this tour? I don't buy merch at Stones shows so I have no clue what stuff costs.

My wife loves the Stones. I wouldn't think to not ask her. Hell, it was her browbeating me to buy the tickets over the weekend anyway. Thsirts I could care less. It's just hearing the boys play that matters the most.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:40

Anyone driving from Chicago to Milwaukee today?

I have a bus at 3:30 but i'd like to get in earlier now.

(612) 636 5837

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:56

Stonesfrkk - I did not get your email. Try again.
cmcmillan01@yahoo.com

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:58

Perfect weather for an outdoor Stones concert. The humidity and rain have been chased out by cool, crisp, fresh Canadian air. A beautiful day!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 17:19

Yup perfect day! Lovely sun and cool breeze!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 23, 2015 17:24

thanks for the pics. is this shot from directly behind section 1 (keith's side)?<<<<

Yes. That's the view just as you enter the pavilion.

Posted by: RecordHead ()
Date: June 23, 2015 20:06

Long time lurker, first post. Just a few things for our out-of-town visitors.

We are in the peak of orange barrel season, and parts of your drive could get frustrating. Give yourselves plenty of time. Don't speed through Kenosha or Racine counties, they can be real pricks. Watch the signs, but moreover, watch the idiots. People drive like they're out of their heads here.

DO NOT leave anything in your car, or at least in plain sight that you care about. Put your GPS, etc. in the trunk or under the seat. The parking lots will have No Security.

Here is the link for the Summerfest FAQ's with the carry in policy. No full size backpacks, etc. You might get a slight pat-down to check for bottles, etc. Be creative about hiding your stash. [summerfest.com]

Beer will be about $7 a cup, water about $3 a bottle. Tailgating is recommended. There should be some good food options on the grounds.

Keith and Ronnie will be the only two exempted from the no smoking policy, although there are smoking areas outside of the pavilion.

The weather will be PERFECT! It will be a little cooler by the lake at the end of the night, so a light jacket may be in order.

Welcome to Milwaukee! Enjoy your stay! And the show!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 23, 2015 20:38

Has anyone heard from inopeng? He was from Milwaukee, would love to see him again if he's coming.

Ticket drop Milwaukee
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:15

13th row available now!

Re: Ticket drop Milwaukee
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: June 23, 2015 18:17

Man...that didn't last long!

Posted by: RecordHead ()
Date: June 23, 2015 21:47

Pre-party starts at 5pm. From our local news channel:

Those who were able to get tickets for the show are invited to join in The Official Pre-Party presented by Fiduciary Management Inc., inside of the South Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park, featuring two stages of live entertainment with food and beverages available for purchase, starting at 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., before the 8:00 p.m. concert.

[fox6now.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 23, 2015 21:51

We are going to hang out by Milwaukee Ale hOuse around 530. I have a grey Brian Jones tshirt on.

Nice day for a Stones show!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 23, 2015 23:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 23:53 by waterrats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home