Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:52

roryg
So we went to The Lucky Brand event and won a shirt and jeans (~$200 of stuff...and a snazzy bag and buttons). The show tickets were further away than ours; I guess you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you (or your wife) get what you need.

Congratulations!

-RS

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:30

At least one pair was in section 20

Posted by: Cyranose ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:32

Oh good. I'm in section 4. Now no regrets about not staying. Thanks!

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:02

I have a good single for sale in the ticket trader section of the site.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:16

sweet neo con
mnewman505
that Thursday, June 25th date has always lingered in my mind. We know they are definitely staying in Chicago for almost the entire week. It gives them empty days on both ends. sure would be awesome!

edit: forget, lisa has a solo show that night, damnit!

how do we know they are staying in chicago? whenever they play Milwaukee they stay in ...Milw
They just landed about on hour ago at Midway airport per flight tracker, they are staying at a 5-star hotel in downtown Chicago. Also, the entire U2 touring apparatus is also staying in downtown at a different hotel. I wonder if Mick and Bono will have lunch?

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:51

roryg
I tend to agree with you. We may get some special twists - Buddy does seem to push them and vice versa - but seems like more of a Berlin setup.

Back in March, bv speculated the following:
bv
"The special show of the Europen tour last summer was ... Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany. It was like a family reunion, so many people I know from all over Europe and the world came to this show. They could have played in a large stadium to make big money and a large crowd but they wanted the Waldbuhne outdoor amphi. Everybody knows the story of Waldbuhne from the Stones in the 60's. There will be a Waldbuhne of the summer 2015 tour too I think." End Quote

My money is on Milwaukee.....

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 22, 2015 06:18

roryg
So we went to The Lucky Brand event and won a shirt and jeans (~$200 of stuff...and a snazzy bag and buttons). The show tickets were further away than ours; I guess you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you (or your wife) get what you need.

Congratulations!! Can you please tell us a little more about the contest so if/when it comes to a city nears us? Is it a be there to win or enter online or how does it work? What are the other cool prizes?

Date: June 22, 2015 06:30

Date: June 22, 2015 06:35

At the Mpls concert I got an orange rally towel, I am planning to frame it sometime soon...

-RS

Date: June 22, 2015 06:44

RS

At the Mpls concert I got an orange rally towel, I am planning to frame it sometime soon...

-RS

thumbs up Totally cool. They seem perfect for framing,

Or I had one funny idea, maybe after the tour they will have a bunch left over and drop the prices on them so low I could afford to buy a couple of all 15 towels and then hang them in the down stairs bathroom and say DONT USE!! GUEST TOWELS!! like my grandma and mom used to have. LOL! I never understood the "dont use guest towels" thing, especially as I got older and was a guest I still wasnt supposed to use them, "They are just for decorataion". So thought it would be funny to own a couple of these, or a bunch, from some or all of the 15 cities and hang them in the bathroom as guest towels as a shrine to The Stones and Mom. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 06:45 by relms.

Date: June 22, 2015 06:48

Hahaha! Yeah I always-still (considering I'm 11) get confused with that. Although they don't say "dont use guest towels" my grandma says use that or that but not this and that... Anyways that would be awesome have a few in each bathroom maybe... I would frame maybe one or two and then put the rest in bathrooms.

-RS

Date: June 22, 2015 06:51

RS
Hahaha! Yeah I always-still (considering I'm 11) get confused with that. Although they don't say "dont use guest towels" my grandma says use that or that but not this and that... Anyways that would be awesome have a few in each bathroom maybe... I would frame maybe one or two and then put the rest in bathrooms.

-RS
Fun! smileys with beer

Date: June 22, 2015 06:54

Are you going to this concert?

-RS

Date: June 22, 2015 07:02

RS

-RS

I am not, but I wish I was.

I have a feeling it will be the best show of this tour. I bet they will play it up for the smaller venue. It is still 25000, but that is lot smaller than 85000 at Texas winking smiley

edit- but I will be listening in live on periscope, that works pretty well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 07:05 by relms.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 22, 2015 07:13

cmc
roryg
I tend to agree with you. We may get some special twists - Buddy does seem to push them and vice versa - but seems like more of a Berlin setup.

bv
"The special show of the Europen tour last summer was ... Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany. It was like a family reunion, so many people I know from all over Europe and the world came to this show. They could have played in a large stadium to make big money and a large crowd but they wanted the Waldbuhne outdoor amphi. Everybody knows the story of Waldbuhne from the Stones in the 60's. There will be a Waldbuhne of the summer 2015 tour too I think." End Quote

so is mine cmc that's why I'm in the PIT!!

Date: June 22, 2015 07:21

We are pretty close too- Hey Uncle Frank I might sneak up and join you in the PIT! This is Mack by the way.smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 22, 2015 07:22

By the way wasn't it Milwaukee when the Stones invited MT onstage in 81 when Mick Taylor went baserk when he turned his guitar up way to loud outside of the mix and Keef wanted to go rip his plug out of his guitar? Maybe that was Kansas City? It was one of these cities though little Stones history for ya

Date: June 22, 2015 07:22

relms
RS

-RS

I have a feeling it will be the best show of this tour. I bet they will play it up for the smaller venue. It is still 25000, but that is lot smaller than 85000 at Texas winking smiley

Well tomorrow I am gonna try to figure pariscoping out, I hope I will be able to get most of it.

-RS

Date: June 22, 2015 07:35

RS
relms
RS

-RS

Well tomorrow I am gonna try to figure pariscoping out, I hope I will be able to get most of it.

-RS

Did you see the periscope thread here? You might skim it as you are figuring it all out [www.iorr.org] There are probably a lot more places out there talking about it, but that thread is good. Scoping is awesome and works great if there is good scoper with a good signal and good battery.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 22, 2015 07:37

stonesfrkk
cmc
roryg

bv

There's a PIT in Milwaukee? Is it the same stage? Definitely think Buddy Guy is the best warmup act on the tour. I hope people show up in time for his set and he is the first one to pack the house for the opener.

I would be surprised if the Stones don't let him use the runway...he likes to get up close and personal with the audience. What are they going to do, tell him no? He used to use a super long guitar cable and strut out into the crowd, get in peoples face and rip it up on that guitar. One time in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco he strutted right up to my girlfriend, grabbed her hand and used it to play his guitar for a while! She was beaming for days.

peace

Date: June 22, 2015 07:41

Naturalust
stonesfrkk
cmc
roryg

bv

There's a PIT in Milwaukee? Is it the same stage? Definitely think Buddy Guy is the best warmup act on the tour. I hope people show up in time for his set and he is the first one to pack the house for the opener.

I would be surprised if the Stones don't let him use the runway...he likes to get up close and personal with the audience. What are they going to do, tell him no? He used to use a super long guitar cable and strut out into the crowd, get in peoples face and rip it up on that guitar. One time in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco he strutted right up to my girlfriend, grabbed her hand and used it to play his guitar for a while! She was beaming for days.

peace

There may be a small catwalk/runway but in this theater there isn't a huge one.

-RS

Date: June 22, 2015 07:43

relms
RS
relms
RS

-RS

-RS

Did you see the periscope thread here? You might skim it as you are figuring it all out [www.iorr.org] There are probably a lot more places out there talking about it, but that thread is good. Scoping is awesome and works great if there is good scoper with a good signal and good battery.

I will take a good look at it right now.

-RS

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 22, 2015 09:33

No "tongue pit" or runway at Marcus Ampitheater. My understanding is that there is a little room in front of the stage that is called the pit where they put some folding chairs.

I've seen Buddy Guy a few times and he does love to go out into the audience. I agree, he is the best opening act of the tour and I am very excited that I will be there on Tuesday night!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 22, 2015 09:37

Zip Code 53202

Bad weather on Monday but Tuesday will be fine.>grinning smiley<

[www.weather.com]

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:08

Good concert to all of you! I have the feeling that Milwaukee is the concert not to be missed

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:41

a bigger nut
Zip Code 53202

Bad weather on Monday but Tuesday will be fine.>grinning smiley<

[www.weather.com]

Thank you.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:40

Great venue!

looks like the US-Version of Waldbühnespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Have fun Milwaukeeeeee! My Stones instinct says: It´gonna be a great, great gig.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:28

relms
roryg

Congratulations!! Can you please tell us a little more about the contest so if/when it comes to a city nears us? Is it a be there to win or enter online or how does it work? What are the other cool prizes?
Let's see, Lb is a boutique shop that generally sells jeans and tops with a late sixties/early seventies look to them. The event lasted 3 hours (2-5) and the front of the store was devoted to Stones shirts along with some of the SF releases and the Exile box, no exclusive merch and around $40 for a shirt. The back of the store had a local radio station where raffle registration took place. There was also free bottled beer (limit 2) and sandwiches. The prize drawings happened about every twenty minutes: SF cds, jeans and shirts (you didn't have to be present to win these items). Near the end of the event a drawing was held for a Fender guitar and three sets of tickets - you had to be present for these prizes (four people were not and were passed over). You may want to get there, fill in the prize slip and find another way to occupy your time until the drawing at the end. If you bought merch, you choose from a selection of buttons and your purchase is put in a nice black bag with the LB logo on one side and the Stones tongue on the other side. Hope this helps

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:04

I broke down and bought Stub hub bleacher tickets this weekend for double face value, but at least I'm in. $200 to see the Stones isn't bad these days even though the seat location is in the back. I will at least keep my streak intact of seeing these guys on every N. American tour since 1969. My wife convinced me Sat night with one simple statement. "C'mon it's The Stones......how can you NOT go?" Tickets were bought within 5 minutes. My wife and I along with 2 longtime friends will attend.

Ready to rock.

Date: June 22, 2015 16:37

filstan
I broke down and bought Stub hub bleacher tickets this weekend for double face value, but at least I'm in. $200 to see the Stones isn't bad these days even though the seat location is in the back. I will at least keep my streak intact of seeing these guys on every N. American tour since 1969. My wife convinced me Sat night with one simple statement. "C'mon it's The Stones......how can you NOT go?" Tickets were bought within 5 minutes. My wife and I along with 2 longtime friends will attend.

Ready to rock.

Oh yeah! smileys with beer

-RS

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home