Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 15, 2015 15:56

^^^^^
Hi Bob,
Your post put a great big smile on my face! Thanks so much for the very kind words smileys with beer I lurk @ Shidoobee regularly but have been shy about jumping in and posting - I'd be happy to have you post the sticker there. I also have another, larger version w/ a few more elements & event specific text that I'll be posting here soon. BTW, I am very well aware of your considerable design talents!!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Great Job on the "Stones Over..." series. "Stones Over Milwaukee" is gorgeous. Hope to meet you @ the gig as well. Will you be wearing one of Fred Hardin's cool Shidoobee shirts?

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:09

Plink
^^^^^
Hi Bob,
Your post put a great big smile on my face! Thanks so much for the very kind words smileys with beer I lurk @ Shidoobee regularly but have been shy about jumping in and posting - I'd be happy to have you post the sticker there. I also have another, larger version w/ a few more elements & event specific text that I'll be posting here soon. BTW, I am very well aware of your considerable design talents!!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Great Job on the "Stones Over..." series. "Stones Over Milwaukee" is gorgeous. Hope to meet you @ the gig as well. Will you be wearing one of Fred Hardin's cool Shidoobee shirts?

Thanks for the kind words. I have lurked at iorr for years too but like you, never jumped in despite knowing many here. It took your pic to get me here! smiling smiley

Seriously, when I got the idea, I had just a general idea of what I wanted to do. Then I saw what you did and I thought, damn... not only did I get beat to it but it's perfect. For a while, I thought, maybe I'll do a different take on it. Then I thought, why bother?

As for the shirt, Fred is a good friend and I have the shirt and will likely wear it out there but I will probably have on a different shirt at the show.

But at the show, I will be wearing sporting a grey goatee and have on all black cap with a Stones tongue on it covering my giant cranium! I hope to get a chance to meet you. smileys with beer

By the way, I posted the pic in the Milwaukee forum on shidoob. I had already shown it to several people and they all loved it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 16:34 by MrCrossfire.

Date: June 15, 2015 16:44

With your creativity, no doubt you'll come up with more cool Milwaukee-related graphic ideas. I'm so curious as to what the official litho will look like. I have visions of the WI Badger w/ a Stones tongue (NNNOOOOOOO!). BTW, Thanks for posting the link on Shidoobee - maybe that will nudge me out of lurkdom!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out & introduce myself if I see a giant, Stones-cap covered cranium grinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:53

Nice to see some cross-pollination between online RS sites, Plink and MrCrossfire!
I've been known to engage in that myself. cool smiley

Hope to meet you, Plink, at the pre-show and catch you too, crossfirehurricane in
Milwaukee. I might wear Fred H's shirt, and will have my own head-covering, the black cowboy
hat with the tongue.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kevin78 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:11

I have a pair of red section tickets for sale; Face value ($800/pair). Email me if interested. They are hard tickets (not printouts). SOLD!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 15:57 by kevin78.

Date: June 15, 2015 19:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 04:19 by Plink.

Posted by: Cyranose ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:37

I just saw on the Nashville thread that someone had posted links to the Lucky Brand VIP events that are being held in some cities on the tour. A Lucky Brand store just opened in Madison, WI in the last 1-2 weeks, and they are also having an event on Sunday for the show in Milwaukee. Since the Lucky event is not in the event city, maybe a better chance with less people knowing about it???

[www.hilldale.com]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:56

sweet neo con
Would love to sell my extra Section 4 Row D (good seat number) to an IORRer for what I paid (face plus ticketmaster fee)...but only if we can meet BEFORE June 23. My wife and I will be in same section several rows up. Willing to walk thru turnstile with you.

sold to iorr member cmc!

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:35

German edition of Rolling Stone magazine with exclusive single Wild Horses (accoustic version). Will bring some copies to Milwaukee. Send PM if you are able to meet me at the Hilton after the show or the morning after. Not taking magazines to the venue.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 17, 2015 18:03

Plink
Looking forward to meeting you, Andee, and getting a signed copy of your book smiling smiley. It'll be great reading for the journey home, I'm sure thumbs up PS - Danny Doll says "Hey!"

(Hi to DD, back!)

Plink, thanks--at first I was thinking we could meet at the pre-party at the piano.

On second thought, the book (You Get What You Need: Stories of Fans of The Rolling Stones)
doesn't quite fit in my small-ish purse and we can't take anything bigger than that into
the venue. If you can get to the Pfister hotel sometime on the day of the show before the pre-party
that would be good, or even after the show! Write me again, okay. We'll work something out.

Anyone else who wants the book, I will probably bring a few copies, just not to the venue. I will
also have business cards with the book information on me, for anyone who wants one. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 18:55 by angee.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:32

A note for those who will be in Milwaukee early with time to occupy. A friend of mine was visiting London and, during a discussion of music, one member of his group sniffed, "What has Wisconsin given to music?" My friend shut him up with two words: Les Paul (I guess he could have double down by mentioning Paramount Records, but his point was made). Just past the north end of the SF grounds is the Discovery World museum with its permanent Les Paul House of Sound exhibit [www.discoveryworld.org]
The art mueum next door is quite a piece of art in itself. You will also be close enough to LP's hometown of Waukesha if you want to do the walking tour thing.

Date: June 17, 2015 20:52

You Can't Always Get WHat YOu Want .... with UW Milwaukee's Concert Chorale

[milwaukeerecord.com]

And yes RoryG...a few other musical contributions too... Steve Miller, The BoDeans and the Violent Femmes. And Hubert Sumlin lived in Milwaukee and called it home. Stones paid for his funeral. [www.jsonline.com]

15-20 miles to the west (Waukesha) another museum tribute to Les Paul. [lespaulexperience.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 20:54 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 18, 2015 23:06

I posted this 4 years ago. Now you can see for yourself when you visit for the 6/23 show. Les Paul Exhibit (Discovery World) is just north of Summerfest grounds. [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:33

soon...

Date: June 19, 2015 19:32

Hoping for Bitch, Sway and CYHMK at Marcus Amphitheater. And I hope to meet some of you IORRians in Milwaukee!

Posted by: kuniopenG ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:10

Will be there and staying in the Hilton downtown

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:04

sweet neo con
Hoping for Bitch, Sway and CYHMK at Marcus Amphitheater. And I hope to meet some of you IORRians in Milwaukee!

Looking forward to seeing you again Sweet Neo Con (he gave me an extra ticket to see Shine A Light in theater when it premiered). I also hope to meet others when they come to our town.

Have to hear Moonlight Mile, have heard them do your 3 but would love to hear them again.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:47

SEC. 3 Row AA just showed up on TM. $420. 4:45pm Sat.

Date: June 20, 2015 23:53

mighty stork
sweet neo con

Looking forward to seeing you again Sweet Neo Con (he gave me an extra ticket to see Shine A Light in theater when it premiered). I also hope to meet others when they come to our town.

Have to hear Moonlight Mile, have heard them do your 3 but would love to hear them again.

oh yes. moonlight mile too. but...that's just greed talking. winking smiley

if we don't see you pre-show...maybe in Section 4!

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:37

mnewman505
soon...

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 21, 2015 01:46

DEmerson
SEC. 3 Row AA just showed up on TM. $420. 4:45pm Sat.

Yes - several seats are now coming up. Section 7 as well.

Posted by: Troutmask69 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 03:21

7:15 Ticketmaster has 1CC # 5 for $421 and I saw singles in section 3. No pairs anywhere that I have seen.
StubHub still has over 1200 available. Prices have come down a little there. I bought a pair of bleacher seats for $140 each yesterday including the 10% StubHub discount they are offering. Will be interested to see if Monday or Tuesday we see slashed prices there, or any pairs on Ticketemaster

Date: June 21, 2015 03:23

Saw a pair in section 3 around 5, but when I went back, gone

Date: June 21, 2015 03:24

The Pittsburgh feed is discussing the fan choice and, well, we are seeing them on a Tuesday...

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:39

roryg
The Pittsburgh feed is discussing the fan choice and, well, we are seeing them on a Tuesday...

It's been a long while since I've seen them play Ruby Tuesday. That would be lovely.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 21, 2015 23:18

Does anybody have any good hotel suggestions? We will be getting into the Milwaukee area late at night and will probably need one after the show!

-RS

Date: June 21, 2015 23:48

JadedFaded
roryg

It's been a long while since I've seen them play Ruby Tuesday. That would be lovely.

I agree.

-RS

Date: June 21, 2015 23:51

Is anybody sitting in section 7? I am not sitting with my dad, I may need a buddy... smileys with beer
-RS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 23:53 by RS.

Date: June 22, 2015 01:32

So we went to The Lucky Brand event and won a shirt and jeans (~$200 of stuff...and a snazzy bag and buttons). The show tickets were further away than ours; I guess you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you (or your wife) get what you need.

Posted by: Cyranose ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:36

@roryg: Did you go to the Lucky Brand event in Madison? I stopped in but didn't have time to wait around. What were they giving away for seats? I tried to ask but to no avail. Am curious as to section/row if you heard. Thanks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home