Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Atlanta GA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:58

Tomorrow night at this time I will be enjoying the view of Bobby Dodd Stadium from my room at the Peachtree Plaza gettin' psyched for the show. Party in my room before and after the show.

Party @ Peachtree Plaza!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2015 01:46

Looks like a very nice "small" stadium.
Compared to Dallas it will feel like a club show!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:06

In 24 hours we will be in the stadium waiting for the band to come on. Our online friends will be jonesing for links to periscope.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:25

I hope someone tapes this show!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:34

nankerphlege
I hope someone tapes this show!
Ditto that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 04:38 by mnewman505.

So who is coming to ATL?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:31

Should be a great RUBY TUESDAY! cool smileysmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smiley

I plan to play a few Stones tunes in front of Georgian Terrace (right across from the legendary Fox Theatre - Stones 78 and 81, Winos 88) around 5-6.

Mongoose is doing the same at the Varsity.

Come on down..... Love to meet ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 04:37 by Elmo Lewis.

Re: So who is coming to ATL?
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:38

I will be there
one way or another

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:01

I am!! This will be my 11th time to see them. I saw them in Bobby Dodd in 89. Please vote for Shattered, that's my 6 yr old little girls song we sing together.

Date: June 9, 2015 05:07

frtylicks
I am!! This will be my 11th time to see them. I saw them in Bobby Dodd in 89. Please vote for Shattered, that's my 6 yr old little girls song we sing together.

awww, I dont usually vote in the song thing, but I will for you and your kid.

Posted by: aumatl ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:08

Will be there. My 4th show--3rd in Atlanta.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:09

relms

I will be there
one way or another

I'm with you! Periscope addicts checking in...

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:13

Okay, today is the day! I first saw the Stones in 1989, and now I'm seeing them again tonight at the very same location. Once again, I got a nosebleed seat, and I hope the sound isn't too terrible!

It should be an exciting show. I'm not smart enough to post pics here directly from the stadium, but I sure plan on writing a review as soon as I get home.

Party on, Atlanta people! Bring on the ROLLING STONES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 07:13 by jahisnotdead.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 9, 2015 08:53

Steven
Shattered

That yellow shirt is the ugliest of the tour so far.

Wonder if when washed the water turns yellow.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 9, 2015 14:06

My jam session at the Varsity fell through with the other musicians, so I am planning on being there anyway around 6:30 pm. You'll see me with a small sign that says "IORR.ORG". Please come over and say hello so I can welcome you folks to Atlanta!!

Cheers.....

Mongoose

Date: June 9, 2015 14:11

flacnvinyl
relms

I will be there
one way or another

I'm with you! Periscope addicts checking in...

Periscopeaholics gathering now

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 14:14 by relms.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 9, 2015 14:16

A little sad today that I can't be there, Atlanta was near the top of my wish list. Have fun, ya'll! smileys with beer

Date: June 9, 2015 14:26

latebloomer
A little sad today that I can't be there, Atlanta was near the top of my wish list. Have fun, ya'll! smileys with beer

You are cordially invited to the live show updates thread at 9:30 EST, feel free to bring your favorite party favors and watch listen to the Periscopes with us, dance around, laugh, post what you think of the show and in general have a good time.

Be here or it wont be as good without you.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 9, 2015 14:52

relms
latebloomer

You are cordially invited to the live show updates thread at 9:30 EST, feel free to bring your favorite party favors and watch listen to the Periscopes with us, dance around, laugh, post what you think of the show and in general have a good time.

With an invitation like that, how can I say no? I'll wear my favorite, red Stones T-shirt...look for me right between the k's and the m's, you can't miss me. grinning smiley

Date: June 9, 2015 15:05

latebloomer
relms
latebloomer

With an invitation like that, how can I say no? I'll wear my favorite, red Stones T-shirt...look for me right between the k's and the m's, you can't miss me. grinning smiley

Cool!! It will be a party! Mick will tell a few jokes and Keith will be saying things which only those who speak fluent Keithenese can fully understand, but they usually graciously translate for us, so it all works out perfectly.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:09

I requested Dead Flowers for Atlanta. They only played it at the Fonda so far. I hope they do it at least in Atlanta.

Date: June 9, 2015 17:07

chatoyancy
I requested Dead Flowers for Atlanta. They only played it at the Fonda so far. I hope they do it at least in Atlanta.
There really is no good reason (except for what Mick says about losing the audience) that they should not play 5-6 songs off of SF which they could do without getting too off the beaten path. These are songs they have pulled out on recent tours. Moonlight Mile is the only rare one they are playing, but why not do 5 more at every stop?

Bitch, Sway, CYHMK, BS, MM, Dead Flowers should be played at every stop

That is 3 rockers and 3 mellower ones and they all fit perfect in a normal Stones show. I understand skipping the other 4 songs although they would be cool to hear too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 17:09 by relms.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 9, 2015 20:08

On twitter Chris Jericho is saying.. he is going to Atlanta , to jam with the Stones tonight confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 20:08 by Lien.

Date: June 11, 2015 21:01

Well as a postscript to Altanta travels all went well except for the parking. We got the space alright at the 3rd ST ATT deck but no tailgating and they enforced it.

Am I dreaming or didn't all the info about parking specifically allow tailgating and even what you could and couldn't bring in terms of grills, tables, etc. and where to put them?

We made it work anyway like a lot of others. Just put the top down on the convertible and had our Varsity burgers and beers and listened to the sound check. smileys with beer

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 11, 2015 21:05

MidnightDevilRambler
Well as a postscript to Altanta travels all went well except for the parking. We got the space alright at the 3rd ST ATT deck but no tailgating and they enforced it.

Am I dreaming or didn't all the info about parking specifically allow tailgating and even what you could and couldn't bring in terms of grills, tables, etc. and where to put them?

We made it work anyway like a lot of others. Just put the top down on the convertible and had our Varsity burgers and beers and listened to the sound check. smileys with beer

That 3rd St ATT deck was a nightmare after the concert. We parked on the third floor and had to wait almost an hour to get out. Did not get home to Tennessee until 3:30 a.m.

I wish I had known there would be available meters on the nearby streets.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 21:12 by tonyc.

Date: June 12, 2015 16:34

tonyc
MidnightDevilRambler

That 3rd St ATT deck was a nightmare after the concert. We parked on the third floor and had to wait almost an hour to get out. Did not get home to Tennessee until 3:30 a.m.

I wish I had known there would be available meters on the nearby streets.

Yeah it was some kind of screwed up. Luckily we only had a mile to the Motel 6 so we dropped the top on the car, cranked up the Stones and waited, and waited, and waited, in line....

Safe travels

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home