Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Atlanta GA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:10

Where are the Tailgate parties planned so far?

Mongoose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 20:12 by Mongoose.

Posted by: Serendipatti ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:18

Will any kind of alcohol be sold inside the stadium? How thoroughly do you think small purses will be searched? I would assume no, but somebody stated earlier it was sold during a Jimmy Buffet concert....probably Pina Coladas!!

Date: June 4, 2015 22:54

My ticket bought on eBay just came in the mail, so I'm all set!

$69.50 ticket (Sec. 222), which I got for $79.50, and that's not bad at all!

Blind Willie's is still there. I used to play at another "blues and BBQ" place near Turner Field called Daddy D'Z (with two bands, the Amazing Mongooses, and Style Points), but they now no longer have music. GREAT ribs and BBQ, though. Check 'em out!

Cafe Sunflower on Piedmont Road is great Vegetarian. Mary Mac's is good southern food, but pricey and touristy. Much better southern food is at the Matthews Cafeteria, in the suburb of Tucker, GA. Little bit of a drive from Georgia Tech, but great food. Guy Fieri did a "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" episode on it, which I'll post here.

[www.youtube.com]

I'm going to try to bring the djemebe drum to meet up with Elmo to play some music, if I can figure out a place to stash it for the show! Maybe I can convince Elmo to drop if off at my house on his way home the next day!

Cheers, everyone. FIVE DAYS TO GO!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 5, 2015 00:48

Serendipatti
Will any kind of alcohol be sold inside the stadium? How thoroughly do you think small purses will be searched? I would assume no, but somebody stated earlier it was sold during a Jimmy Buffet concert....probably Pina Coladas!!

The email I received from Georgia Tech today stated alcohol is allowed in tailgating, not allowed to be brought into the venue and everyone will be searched but sold inside the venue.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 5, 2015 08:19

If you are looking for good Atlanta seats check now. I just got Section E row 5 and am so excited I can't stand it. I have saw 4 shows and always in the back in the stands and I got field back section for Nashville so this is my chance to be as close as I can. Last few days those seats have been showing Section B row 40, so check it out now if interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 08:20 by tumblingdice.

Date: June 5, 2015 18:21

I keep a running list of all the songs played at the nine Stones shows I've attended, going back to '75 Tour of the Americas.

Here are five tunes that I have never heard them play live. Wonder what the chances are of hearing:

1. Let It Bleed
2. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
3. Shine a Light
4. Under My Thumb
5. Loving Cup

My guess is that CYHMK has a good chance, with all of the Sticky Fingers hoopla. Other than that one, whachathink?

Cheers....

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 20:30

Mongoose

Blind Willie's is still there. I used to play at another "blues and BBQ" place near Turner Field called Daddy D'Z (with two bands, the Amazing Mongooses, and Style Points), but they now no longer have music. GREAT ribs and BBQ, though. Check 'em out!

Cafe Sunflower on Piedmont Road is great Vegetarian. Mary Mac's is good southern food, but pricey and touristy. Much better southern food is at the Matthews Cafeteria, in the suburb of Tucker, GA. Little bit of a drive from Georgia Tech, but great food. Guy Fieri did a "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" episode on it, which I'll post here.

[www.youtube.com]

I'm going to try to bring the djemebe drum to meet up with Elmo to play some music, if I can figure out a place to stash it for the show! Maybe I can convince Elmo to drop if off at my house on his way home the next day!

Agree Mary Macs is overrated. My suggestion for real good Southern/Soul food is the Colonnade on Cheshire Bridge.Open since 1929, beats the brakes off Mary Macs, which imo has been sliding down since the ownership change 10 years ago. Matthews is very good, but as you pointed out, somewhat removed from the venue. Getting from Cheshire Bridge to Techwood/North Avenue, Alexander St. is a bit easier.4.4 miles and approx 16 minute drive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 20:34 by Jesse1960.

Date: June 5, 2015 20:41

Jesse1960
Mongoose

[www.youtube.com]

Agree Mary Macs is overrated. My suggestion for real good Southern/Soul food is the Colonnade on Cheshire Bridge.Open since 1929, beats the brakes off Mary Macs, which imo has been sliding down since the ownership change 10 years ago. Matthews is very good, but as you pointed out, somewhat removed from the venue. Getting from Cheshire Bridge to Techwood/North Avenue, Alexander St. is a bit easier.4.4 miles and approx 16 minute drive.

Agreed. And, the Virginia Highlands area (Little Five Points, in particular) is also a great area to visit, walk around, have a burger at the Vortex.

Date: June 5, 2015 20:44

Web site for the Vortex.

Sort of a heart attack on a bun, but, hey, how often do you get to see the Stones? Live a little! smileys with beer

[thevortexatl.com]

Date: June 6, 2015 15:14

Mongoose
Web site for the Vortex.

Sort of a heart attack on a bun, but, hey, how often do you get to see the Stones? Live a little! smileys with beer

[thevortexatl.com]

For a real cholesterol nuclear bomb, the Varsity is # 1 hands down. Chili dawgs, onion rings, fried peach pies, large orange, etc. The only healthy item there is lettuce. But what the hell. Take a Nexium and do something for the taste budscool smiley.

Date: June 6, 2015 15:19

Mongoose
Jesse1960
Mongoose

[www.youtube.com]

Agreed. And, the Virginia Highlands area (Little Five Points, in particular) is also a great area to visit, walk around, have a burger at the Vortex.

One place I miss from back in the day in Little Five Points is Bridgetown Grill which was on Euclid between the new age crystal shop, and the biker bar. You could smell the jerk chicken and pork chops being grilled all the way down to Severnada, and at the back of the parking lot behind the Junkmans Daughter. or about a quarter mile radius.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:16

Anyone driving to Atlanta from Dallas?

Date: June 6, 2015 19:43

So, I'm in Section 222.

Where is everyone else sitting?

We should do a "IORR folks meet at the Varsity at 6:30 pm" kind of thing, don't you think?

Date: June 6, 2015 20:20

Section E row 5!!! My first time being on the floor. Sadly in the past would have been better, not sure my fat ass will be a good fit on the floor now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 20:22 by tumblingdice.

Hotel or Motel recommend for Atlanta
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: June 6, 2015 18:56

need a recommend for a Motel or Hotel in Atlanta for 1 Night next week....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 7, 2015 22:01

Mongoose

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah, I think that would work. I will be headed south after the show but coule deliver it in metro area. You could leave it in my room during the show.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: June 7, 2015 22:03

StonesDoug's crew has a pre-party planned at Six Feet Under near Tech. You'll need to go to the Shidoobbee site and print up an admission badge. Great people and a fun party.

Date: June 7, 2015 23:30

Elmo Lewis
Mongoose

[www.youtube.com]

Turns out now that I am going to be meeting up with some IORR folks at the Varsity before the show, so we'll have to postpone the Elmo & Goose jam for this time around. I have a feeling that it'll happen in another venue at another date!

Enjoy the show, and let's hope for a surprise deep cut!

Mongoose

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:22

The Stones are now on their way to Atlanta: [www.flightradar24.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 00:45 by Irix.

Date: June 8, 2015 02:52

48 hours from now we'll be situated in Bobby Dodd Stadium at "Historic" Grant Field to see the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. 2 days can be an eternity when you're really looking forward to something. Going to wear my almost threadbare TOTA shirt from 75'. damn thing swallowed me when I bought it ( ex large) now it fits as though it bespoke ( tailor made).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 02:55 by Jesse1960.

Date: June 8, 2015 03:58

Is anyone familiar with the parking? Hoping it's not too much of a hassle to get from Peachtree Att deck to the stadium. For that matter I hope getting to the parking place is easy coming from I75 North.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 04:07 by tumblingdice.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 8, 2015 06:23

I found this.
Only common items so far.

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Date: June 8, 2015 10:30

Hoping we get I Got The Blues finally in Atlanta. Opening band plays some soul and maybe will inspire Mick to go ahead and break this one out. I would prefer it to MM muself, as I saw MM in 99. Also always loved both but IGTB more.

Date: June 8, 2015 10:50

Date: June 8, 2015 14:40

Cool, Mongoose.

Here's my email if you want to contact and let me know when you will be at The Varsity, etc.

sbking@wildblue.net

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 8, 2015 18:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 00:44 by Natlanta.

Date: June 8, 2015 19:20

Natlanta

can someone photoshop a set of lips on uga?

This results then the GRRRegory .... winking smiley

Date: June 8, 2015 19:22

Natlanta
i might need the andidote for all these pissy sweat bee colors.

i'll even provide the dog.

>grinning smiley<

Date: June 8, 2015 19:38

The first few Atlanta specific merchandise items on the Stone site:

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Anyone know when the "Atlanta Stones Song Request" vote event begins?

Date: June 8, 2015 19:39

Natlanta
i might need the andidote for all these pissy sweat bee colors.

i'll even provide the dog.

Damn right! Go Dawgs!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home