Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:59

KevinP1980
2014Slayer
Re: Start Me Up Experience!

I just spoke a very nice person in Events at Petco and she said they were starting to process the tickets today, they had a list of available seats to assign us now, we will all be in the P1 area (the blue seats), the person who was your contact to buy the tickets will be the person to contact you back about getting your tickets. Sounds like we may be able to go by will call, she said they will probably have a dedicated will call window for the Stones. We will be admitted at the time the gates are open at 6 pm for the reception (bummer). I asked her if there was going to be a separate entrance for us VIPs, and there didn't seem to be.

So after being at the Padres home opener last week, I have to tell you the lines were horrible! It took half an hour to go through security. All the major league ballparks now have metal detector screening we will have to go through. So plan on going very early and getting in line.

Great news! Thanks!

It will be nice to meet you Kevin.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:02

I cancelled my start me up VIPS because when i called the team on Fri they said they would begin to process on April 17 or 20th. I know other buyers that cancelled this package, also. Maybe Petco decided to finally start processing so people would stop cancelling. I hope you get seats in the first 25 rows...I thought you did get in early to eat dinner..please keep us posted.

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:04

2014Slayer
KevinP1980
2014Slayer

I just spoke a very nice person in Events at Petco and she said they were starting to process the tickets today, they had a list of available seats to assign us now, we will all be in the P1 area (the blue seats), the person who was your contact to buy the tickets will be the person to contact you back about getting your tickets. Sounds like we may be able to go by will call, she said they will probably have a dedicated will call window for the Stones. We will be admitted at the time the gates are open at 6 pm for the reception (bummer). I asked her if there was going to be a separate entrance for us VIPs, and there didn't seem to be.

So after being at the Padres home opener last week, I have to tell you the lines were horrible! It took half an hour to go through security. All the major league ballparks now have metal detector screening we will have to go through. So plan on going very early and getting in line.

Great news! Thanks!

Same here!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:21

KevinP1980
2014Slayer
KevinP1980
2014Slayer

Great news! Thanks!

Same here!

Glad for you guys.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:13

Out of curiosity just took another look after 3 hour break, and pulling up occasional random $175 singles of the worst kind:
SEC 108 (restricted view), and SEC 125 (extreme right).

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:20

Other than however many they are holding on to in the VIP packages and the occasional obstructed view tickets that are popping up, this show is pretty much a sell out, which shouldn't be surprising considering it's the only regular show in western North America and in one of the smallest of the stadiums on the tour. I got the $175 floor tickets in the first presale, so I'm glad I am already set, as it may be a tough ticket on the day

Date: April 14, 2015 00:49

Agreed Halup - "the only regular show in western North America" - not surprising there's only slim pickings left.
But there weren't really many pickings from the onset of the first presale it seems, strange system they have working here.

I'm pleased to be in SEC 120 ala presale, and as someone mentioned somewhere here: "it's a stadium show, drink lots of beer, doesn't matter where you sit, you'll have a good time" smileys with beer

After seeing 50 shows throughout the years (from front row to nosebleeds and everywhere in between - in stadiums, arenas, theaters, and clubs), I look at this show as sort of an epilogue.
Sit back, relax, take it all in, reminisce, and wish them farewell*...

*until they announce another US tour in a couple of years. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 00:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Kellie40 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:22

superpenguin
Floor A 7
Row 13| Qty2
Instant Download
$570.01

Like that...not too bad. At that price the seller is likely pocketing less than face value which is strange

I bought in A7, Row 15, Qty. 2 for $433.50 after all fees, etc.

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:59

Kellie40
superpenguin
Floor A 7
Row 13| Qty2
Instant Download
$570.01

Like that...not too bad. At that price the seller is likely pocketing less than face value which is strange

Were those presale tickets? I never got anything near that good.

Posted by: tallchick ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:01

Getting tickets is always a challenge, there are always hoops to jump through. Happy though that I managed to grab a pair this morning A9 row 10, $175.

Thanks Bjornulf for all your work - haven't seen you since the Beacon! I'll be just at the San Diego show this leg of the tour.
Laura

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:23

If you buy "platinum" tix, you can still get rows 4 to 7 in A4 and A6 for around $3,000 to $4,000 a piece. Fabulous.

Seconds ago, I actually pulled A4, first row for a shade under $5,000 for each ticket.

This is why I couldn't find any $395.00's for this show. It looks like many of them are being held back for packages and "platinum"tickets-- which are nothing than highly marked up tickets being sold by the promoter directly.

Date: April 14, 2015 02:53

StonesSoCal
If you buy "platinum" tix, you can still get rows 4 to 7 in A4 and A6 for around $3,000 to $4,000 a piece. Fabulous.

Seconds ago, I actually pulled A4, first row for a shade under $5,000 for each ticket.

This is why I couldn't find any $395.00's for this show. It looks like many of them are being held back for packages and "platinum"tickets-- which are nothing than highly marked up tickets being sold by the promoter directly.

The promoters are out of their f*cking minds. thumbs down
What a scam...hope their scummy greediness backfires in some way.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:26

Hairball
StonesSoCal

The promoters are out of their f*cking minds. thumbs down
What a scam...hope their scummy greediness backfires in some way.

No doubt...tickets are all packaged for the Hollywood crowd....I have seen the Stones for low end $$$ and up close over 50 times let the Hwood freaks pay-up not me !!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:41

I've bought two FV107 tickets with restricted view, but that's alright for me. I would love if I could buy better and more expensive tickets, but I'm spending a lot of money on travel and what matters to me is to see the Stones in San Diego. smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 04:10

superpenguin
Kellie40
superpenguin
Floor A 7
Row 13| Qty2
Instant Download
$570.01

Were those presale tickets? I never got anything near that good.

Yes, I bought them in Friday's pre-sale. Got lucky!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:38

Cristiano Radtke
I've bought two FV107 tickets with restricted view, but that's alright for me. I would love if I could buy better and more expensive tickets, but I'm spending a lot of money on travel and what matters to me is to see the Stones in San Diego. smiling smiley

I'll be one section away in 105smileys with beer

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:57

I was just looking at Atlas Tickets, and they have some good seats for good prices. They are located in San Diego, and are good people. Of course they and companies like them are one of the reasons it is sold out. But if you want good floor seats in the $500 range, they have them. If I were still looking for tickets I would go to them.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:09

BluzDude
Cristiano Radtke

I'll be one section away in 105smileys with beer

Great! I will be in San Diego with two or three friends for the concert. It would be nice to meet some IORR friends there. smileys with beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 14, 2015 12:28

The Travel Packages are still available with two tickets in off-center floor sections 20-25 rows back, two fan packages and one night hotel for $2199. If these don't sell maybe the tickets will end up in the general population?

Date: April 14, 2015 17:38

Now that at least some of the ticket buying frenzy is behind us, maybe we should consider a good meet up place before and maybe after the show.

Any specific suggestions from local Sandy Eggens?

Date: April 14, 2015 19:11

BluzDude
Now that at least some of the ticket buying frenzy is behind us, maybe we should consider a good meet up place before and maybe after the show.

Hard Rock Cafe seems to make the most sense.

Posted by: rolnstn2 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 19:39

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 20:50 by rolnstn2.

Date: April 14, 2015 20:57

superpenguin
BluzDude

The Shidoobees are looking at this place:

[www.barbasic.com]

Can keep you updated if you like. Would be fun to have a combined pre-party!

Date: April 14, 2015 21:03

Kellie40
superpenguin
BluzDude

[www.barbasic.com]

I would also like to see what the Rock's Off peeps come up with.

Date: April 14, 2015 21:26

Kellie40
superpenguin
BluzDude

[www.barbasic.com]

Ooh, that looks good!

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:59

Well, I struck out in the Pandora and Zip ode presales plus the general sale. I was going for floor seats in A6 or better. My guess is that none of those seats were released at $395. I notice that StubHub has no seats available in sections A3 - A6. It looks like they have all been allocated to the promoter's Platinum and VIP packages.

I know I should lie in wait for the hope some of these seats are released for sale. Is there any other strategy than checking the Padres' ticket site every hour?

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:00

sarahunwin
Anyone know how to track down a seating plan for San Diego with the sections up front marked? I also need to know how the seats are numbered

Go to the travel package page. The diagram on that page has numbers on them showing how deep the rows are on the field and seating numbers. (Really small type.)

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:19

Raddle
Well, I struck out in the Pandora and Zip ode presales plus the general sale. I was going for floor seats in A6 or better. My guess is that none of those seats were released at $395. I notice that StubHub has no seats available in sections A3 - A6. It looks like they have all been allocated to the promoter's Platinum and VIP packages.

I know I should lie in wait for the hope some of these seats are released for sale. Is there any other strategy than checking the Padres' ticket site every hour?

Stubhub has about 80 tickets available in A3-A6. Affordable tickets, on the other hand...

syrel

Date: April 14, 2015 22:19

JayBee
sarahunwin
Anyone know how to track down a seating plan for San Diego with the sections up front marked? I also need to know how the seats are numbered

Go to the travel package page. The diagram on that page has numbers on them showing how deep the rows are on the field and seating numbers. (Really small type.)

NICE catch! +rep. Thanks for sharing that

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:21

Note from Ismena today regarding the Start Me Up VIP package. Not much yet.

"They are still working on the orders. I will let you know when they are processed. Thank you."- Ismena

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home