Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: keepmehappy ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:49

mosthigh
Not the greatest map, but I deciphered:

A1 = 27 rows

A2 = 35 rows

A3, A4, A5, A6 = 30 rows

A7 = 35 rows

A8 = 27 rows

Seat numbers seem to start at 1 dead center, and go up, for A3 to A6; then start at 32, and go down, for A1, A2, A7, & A8

Weird configuration. I wouldn't count on the seat numbers being etched in stone(s).

I want to know this too so I called Petco's box office. I requested a seating chart with exact seat numbering for the concert. I was told Petco doesn't release this information since Petco isn't responsible for the show's seating configuration. I asked for the name of the organization responsible for seating configuration, box office rep didn't know. I asked for any other information that might be helpful, such as an unofficial webpage, to no avail. The only thing the rep volunteered was lower number seats are closest to home plate. Hope this helps.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:57

keepmehappy wrote:

I want to know this too so I called Petco's box office. I requested a seating chart with exact seat numbering for the concert. I was told Petco doesn't release this information since Petco isn't responsible for the show's seating configuration. I asked for the name of the organization responsible for seating configuration, box office rep didn't know. I asked for any other information that might be helpful, such as an unofficial webpage, to no avail. The only thing the rep volunteered was lower number seats are closest to home plate. Hope this helps.[/quote]

I wonder if the rep who stated "the lower number seats are closest to home plate" was referring only to the seats in the stands, NOT any seats on the field??confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 04:58 by tauk.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:13

Leteyer share on FB this screen, its strange they are selling seats that doesn´t appear on map!

Date: April 16, 2015 05:13

tauk
keepmehappy wrote:

I want to know this too so I called Petco's box office. I requested a seating chart with exact seat numbering for the concert. I was told Petco doesn't release this information since Petco isn't responsible for the show's seating configuration. I asked for the name of the organization responsible for seating configuration, box office rep didn't know. I asked for any other information that might be helpful, such as an unofficial webpage, to no avail. The only thing the rep volunteered was lower number seats are closest to home plate. Hope this helps.

I wonder if the rep who stated "the lower number seats are closest to home plate" was referring only to the seats in the stands, NOT any seats on the field??confused smiley[/quote]

Hi Carolyn,
Yeah I need to clarify this! Since the rep wasn't giving me info I thought it might help if she knew I'm a fan not a scalper, so I told her I felt lucky to randomly get seats 1 and 2 in A1 on the floor. She told me 1 and 2 will be closest in the row to center. She said she can't guarantee it but is pretty sure.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:20

I'm at a complete loss in trying to picture what several people here have posted re. that sometimes seat #1 is in the center of the row? I've never heard of that, & can't figure out how they do the numbering in that case????

Date: April 16, 2015 05:27

tauk
I'm at a complete loss in trying to picture what several people here have posted re. that sometimes seat #1 is in the center of the row? I've never heard of that, & can't figure out how they do the numbering in that case????

On the floor, in any section, in any row, seat #1 is closest to the center of the stage. This is what I've gleaned from the Petco box office rep and from the info posted on this thread.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:31

keepmehappy
tauk

On the floor, in any section, in any row, seat #1 is closest to the center of the stage. This is what I've gleaned from the Petco box office rep and from the info posted on this thread.

This appears to be the case for ALL the floor sections at ALL the shows. Am I wrong about that???

Date: April 16, 2015 05:34

josepi
keepmehappy
tauk

This appears to be the case for ALL the floor sections at ALL the shows. Am I wrong about that???

Yeah it seems like it's customary. Why don't the people who design the seating configuration post an exact seating chart so we don't have to wonder *sighh*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 05:37 by keepmehappy.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:52

rogerriffin
Leteyer share on FB this screen, its strange they are selling seats that doesn´t appear on map!

And even more strange that I got those exact same seats to come up yesterday evening for a total $9081.confused smiley I'm very curious whether his selection was pulled earlier or later than mine. Is the primary ticket seller already adjusting the price up or down due to perceives or actual demand changes? Or is there another explanation? This is getting complicated.

peace

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 16, 2015 09:12

I spoke to the travel package sellers yesterday and they acknowledge that their seating plan is incorrect. They told me that all sections start at seat 1, which is nearest the centre. They said they will update their picture, but they haven't as yet.

syrel

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:31

Any updates on the Start Me Up package? Still waiting.....

Posted by: superpenguin ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:43

a bigger nut
This is Tokyo Dome, baseball stadium. I saw this show.(And going to see Macca next week.)

In Tokyo Dome, each block always have 12 seats width.

So, if Petco A6 was 30 seats width, A7 is almost out of this photo.

Thanks for clarifying! The reason I thought this photo was so helpful is because it is in fact a baseball stadium. Also, thanks for clarifying the # of rows...this has saved me from getting an A7 ticket which i will definitely regret. I guess I will be 9 rows from the end of the ramp unless I something in A6 comes down out of the stratosphere tongue sticking out smiley

Does Keef ever come out on the ramp?

Date: April 16, 2015 17:57

superpenguin
a bigger nut
This is Tokyo Dome, baseball stadium. I saw this show.(And going to see Macca next week.)

In Tokyo Dome, each block always have 12 seats width.

So, if Petco A6 was 30 seats width, A7 is almost out of this photo.

Thanks for clarifying! The reason I thought this photo was so helpful is because it is in fact a baseball stadium. Also, thanks for clarifying the # of rows...this has saved me from getting an A7 ticket which i will definitely regret. I guess I will be 9 rows from the end of the ramp unless I something in A6 comes down out of the stratosphere tongue sticking out smiley

Does Keef ever come out on the ramp?

Yes. I have seen Keef come out on the ramp.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:57

KevinP1980

Good morning Kevin, no I haven't I emailed my contact yesterday to give her my cell phone, but expect to hear or get email anytime, will post as soon as anything happens.

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 16, 2015 21:24

2014Slayer
KevinP1980

Good morning Kevin, no I haven't I emailed my contact yesterday to give her my cell phone, but expect to hear or get email anytime, will post as soon as anything happens.

I just got off the phone with the Padres ticket office. The person I spoke to stated all VIP packages had sold out and asked when I had submitted the order (3 April via email to Ismena). He didn't know what was going on so I asked to be connected to her. I was told she was headed into a meeting but had submitted my form and they should know more in a week or so. This is the same thing I am told everytime I make contact with the ticket office.

To quote the 'Order Agreement Terms and Conditions' included with the Start Me Up Experience order form I submitted: "This Order Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between the Customer and Padres, L.P. (the “Venue”) as of the date that payment for the Ticket(s) is received by the Venue." They 'received' my payment on 3 April when I submitted the signed form with my credit card info. The fact they have not processed my payment by charging my credit card seems imaterial to me. If they come back to say they sold out of this package after sitting on our orders for almost 2 weeks I will not be happy.

I am trying to remain positive as I live here and am a big Padres fan but this is embarrassing.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 21:50

I did cancel my VIP start me up packages, last weekend. My last contact with the office said the packages would be reviewed this next week and I did not want to wait that long to see where the seats were. I think they are busy but also, they are trying to sell as many expensive vip packages and moving the cheaper vips to the rear of the floor seating. They can easily add rows to P1, as there is no verified seating plan, so we do not know how many rows P1 has. If I still lived in San Diego, I would drive over and go to events office and see what is going on. It is hard to cancel these packages now and buy decent seats so I guess you have to wait it out. I am sure it will be OK..I just could not worry about my seats any longer. I bought FR for $330..first level up last Sunday. Stub Hub. I have watched Taylor Swift tixs and there were many added 2 weeks ago and they were decent seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 21:53 by kate2.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2015 22:17

2nd row A4 - I can buy a pair of seats thru Platnum for about 9 Grand, however for a single seat, it shows nothing available....confused smiley

Date: April 16, 2015 22:31

BluzDude
2nd row A4 - I can buy a pair of seats thru Platnum for about 9 Grand, however for a single seat, it shows nothing available....confused smiley

Yes I'm pretty sure those Platinum packages are just working for pairs or more. They probably don't want to be stuck with singles in such a high demand/high profit margin area and have arranged all the tickets to sell in groups of 2 or more.

It even appears the prices are going down a tiny bit for the front sections and it's clear there are quite a few tickets still available for this show. I'm a bit confused as to why there appear to be no general public tickets available in the cheap seats, only the $175 ones. Possibly just better business (profit) to sell these ones first and then try to sell the cheaper ones.

peace

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 16, 2015 23:11

Ticket link is currently up for P2 seating, but I'm not getting anything, in any quantity.

Date: April 16, 2015 23:14

Naturalust
BluzDude

Yes I'm pretty sure those Platinum packages are just working for pairs or more. They probably don't want to be stuck with singles in such a high demand/high profit margin area and have arranged all the tickets to sell in groups of 2 or more.

It even appears the prices are going down a tiny bit for the front sections and it's clear there are quite a few tickets still available for this show. I'm a bit confused as to why there appear to be no general public tickets available in the cheap seats, only the $175 ones. Possibly just better business (profit) to sell these ones first and then try to sell the cheaper ones.

peace

I pulled A4 row 14 or so for around $2300 each. I'm really holding out hope those type of tickets don't sell and get put in the P1 pool drinking smiley

Date: April 16, 2015 23:17

mosthigh
Ticket link is currently up for P2 seating, but I'm not getting anything, in any quantity.

Baffling isn't it

Date: April 16, 2015 23:30

superpenguin
Naturalust
BluzDude

peace

I pulled A4 row 14 or so for around $2300 each. I'm really holding out hope those type of tickets don't sell and get put in the P1 pool drinking smiley

Strangely, I pulled the same section, first row for only $100 more. I also hope that fans are able to get some of these seats for $400 although I have my doubts. My guess is that the front sections would sell out quickly with prices in the $800-$1000 range. It is the only announced West coast show, there are lots of Stones fans in Southern California and after seeing the tickets in the $2000+ range, people might feel they are getting a deal for only $1000.

peace

Posted by: Raddle ()
Date: April 16, 2015 23:34

mosthigh

I'm still getting the usual "The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this performance" message for general public tickets. We're tickets available for a little while today?

Date: April 16, 2015 23:43

Naturalust
superpenguin
Naturalust
BluzDude

peace

Strangely, I pulled the same section, first row for only $100 more. I also hope that fans are able to get some of these seats for $400 although I have my doubts. My guess is that the front sections would sell out quickly with prices in the $800-$1000 range. It is the only announced West coast show, there are lots of Stones fans in Southern California and after seeing the tickets in the $2000+ range, people might feel they are getting a deal for only $1000.

peace

I am one of those people...I'd pay $1000 for a seat in A4-A6 in the first 10 rows without thinking twice about it. smileys with beer But, consider it's my first RS show and possibly my only.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 17, 2015 00:08

j22surf
2014Slayer
KevinP1980

I just got off the phone with the Padres ticket office. The person I spoke to stated all VIP packages had sold out and asked when I had submitted the order (3 April via email to Ismena). He didn't know what was going on so I asked to be connected to her. I was told she was headed into a meeting but had submitted my form and they should know more in a week or so. This is the same thing I am told everytime I make contact with the ticket office.

To quote the 'Order Agreement Terms and Conditions' included with the Start Me Up Experience order form I submitted: "This Order Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between the Customer and Padres, L.P. (the “Venue”) as of the date that payment for the Ticket(s) is received by the Venue." They 'received' my payment on 3 April when I submitted the signed form with my credit card info. The fact they have not processed my payment by charging my credit card seems imaterial to me. If they come back to say they sold out of this package after sitting on our orders for almost 2 weeks I will not be happy.

I am trying to remain positive as I live here and am a big Padres fan but this is embarrassing.

I know what you mean, I am a Padre fan too, and really like Petco Park, it is really beautiful this year, but they are not processing these orders in a very business-like manner. Glad not all RS concerts are by them.

I know that they did cut off the orders at one time, but they would have told you when you were submitting yours. I submitted mine on the 1st at 2:11 pm. I can only guess that the events people (downstairs?) are doing all the processing, and when it is all done, they will give the ticket info to the people who took our orders, and they will contact us. That could be a while, since they doing this all off of our scanned order forms.

Date: April 17, 2015 01:10

2014Slayer

I know what you mean, I am a Padre fan too, and really like Petco Park, it is really beautiful this year, but they are not processing these orders in a very business-like manner. Glad not all RS concerts are by them.

I know that they did cut off the orders at one time, but they would have told you when you were submitting yours. I submitted mine on the 1st at 2:11 pm. I can only guess that the events people (downstairs?) are doing all the processing, and when it is all done, they will give the ticket info to the people who took our orders, and they will contact us. That could be a while, since they doing this all off of our scanned order forms.

It certainly seems like an odd way to conduct business in 2015.

Date: April 17, 2015 01:32

superpenguin
2014Slayer

It certainly seems like an odd way to conduct business in 2015.

Agreed. I'm really hoping this pays off.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:00

Where are those amazing masterpiece of art to promote a show???

... or they do not need it???

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 18, 2015 00:50

2014Slayer
j22surf
2014Slayer
KevinP1980

Still no charge to my credit card.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 18, 2015 02:03

j22surf
2014Slayer
j22surf
2014Slayer
KevinP1980

Still no charge to my credit card

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 02:27 by steffialicia.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home