Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: May 23, 2015 20:37

What letter does the hotel start with? smiling smiley

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 23, 2015 20:48

We bought the please to meet you experience directly from the Padres. They were about to mail them out, but we talked to Ismena and she kept them in her drawer.
Seats are ok hopefully, we are in A10 Row 1, Seats 9 and 10.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2015 21:08

StonesSoCal
I went to Petco Park yesterday to check out the stage construction. Even though I'm happy with my tickets, I figured I would swing by the box office at the stadium and ask about the ticket situation. I'm a Padre season ticket holder and I have a decent connection; I have a ton of friends who have been unable to score good seats (without paying ridiculous prices on the secondary market). Anyways, to make a long story short, I was told that no tickets would be sold at the box office day of the show. Further, it was noted that no more tickets would be sold by the Padres period (the Padres have handled all ticket sales). I'm sure this doesn't mean that tickets won't be released when they become "available." However, this show has just been a weird one that I can't figure out-- even for a tour opener. In the past, I have never had a problem buying premium tickets the day of the concert at the box office for any show.

Just strolled though the Gaslamp and circumnavigated the entire stadium, and along the way stopped at one of the box offices out of curiosity. Regarding tickets released tomorrow, the girl there told me "maybe, might be, we don't know yet", and several other ticket sellers nodded in agreement. In other words, there is still hope for those who don't have tickets if we are to believe these Padre box office workers. But then again, perhaps your inside connection has more info. than they do.

Anyways, a beautiful day in the neighborhood with Stones banners flying everywhere, trucks coming and going in and out of the stadium, hammers pounding, and an abundance of Stones fans everywhere you look. Merch truck was to open in an hour, and there were thousands of boxes being unloaded into the stadium from at least two freighter trucks from what I saw. Took a bunch of pics, some similar to what have already been posted, but will go through camera to see if there are any worth posting.

ps - The Lucky Brands store has jars upon jars of a variety of Stones pins, and they're giving them out for free!
The lady told me to take as many as I want, so I grabbed about 100 of them. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 21:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: jimjagger73 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 21:36

Can't wait to see show. Very excited. Didn't get the best tickets but got inside !! Hope they do the Sticky Fingers album. That would add an awesome spin to the set list. New and exciting.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2015 21:41

Welcome to San Diego!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 21:42 by bv.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 23, 2015 22:06

Hairball
StonesSoCal
I went to Petco Park yesterday to check out the stage construction. Even though I'm happy with my tickets, I figured I would swing by the box office at the stadium and ask about the ticket situation. I'm a Padre season ticket holder and I have a decent connection; I have a ton of friends who have been unable to score good seats (without paying ridiculous prices on the secondary market). Anyways, to make a long story short, I was told that no tickets would be sold at the box office day of the show. Further, it was noted that no more tickets would be sold by the Padres period (the Padres have handled all ticket sales). I'm sure this doesn't mean that tickets won't be released when they become "available." However, this show has just been a weird one that I can't figure out-- even for a tour opener. In the past, I have never had a problem buying premium tickets the day of the concert at the box office for any show.

Just strolled though the Gaslamp and circumnavigated the entire stadium, and along the way stopped at one of the box offices out of curiosity. Regarding tickets released tomorrow, the girl there told me "maybe, might be, we don't know yet", and several other ticket sellers nodded in agreement. In other words, there is still hope for those who don't have tickets if we are to believe these Padre box office workers. But then again, perhaps your inside connection has more info. than they do.

Anyways, a beautiful day in the neighborhood with Stones banners flying everywhere, trucks coming and going in and out of the stadium, hammers pounding, and an abundance of Stones fans everywhere you look. Merch truck was to open in an hour, and there were thousands of boxes being unloaded into the stadium from at least two freighter trucks from what I saw. Took a bunch of pics, some similar to what have already been posted, but will go through camera to see if there are any worth posting.

ps - The Lucky Brands store has jars upon jars of a variety of Stones pins, and they're giving them out for free!
The lady told me to take as many as I want, so I grabbed about 100 of them. smoking smiley

My gut feeling tells me that they will indeed release more tickets tomorrow. It just doesn't make sense if certain tickets are not sold, claimed, or if the configuration of the stage creates additional seats to not sell those tickets at the physical location. Plus, I know that the Padre box office is staffed pretty solidly right now (seemingly more than usual when the Padres are away).

Anyways, ENJOY SAN DIEGO IF YOU ARE HERE!!! It's a beautiful day and the atmosphere downtown is simply AWESOME!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2015 22:14

Progress:

Floor entry:

Be careful winking smiley :

Merch:

Lucky Brand store:

Free pins!!!

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: May 23, 2015 22:24

haukej, are they selling merch from the trailer truck starting today? Thanks for updating us. I'm planning to run down there later and it helps to see what's going on. :-)

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 23, 2015 22:42

man! I want one of those pins! That Lucky Brand store looks great, with cooler clothes that the merch van...

Date: May 23, 2015 23:00

I have been busy in Los Angeles lately, no time to follow this thread. Is there a recommended place to meet up in San Diego? If so, where? I walked by the venue yesterday, and the following place was my favorite the moment I walked by. Met some friends there, had beers and great food, and I saw the Rangers beating Tampa 5-1 on one of the screens there, so I will return here more times I think:

BUB'S @ The Ballpark | 715 J Street CA San Diego 92101 | 619.546.0815
They are at the corner of Seventh and J street.

[bubssandiego.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 23:00 by bv.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:02

Luckily it's not common to decorate pubs like that in germany cool smiley

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:09

It's Memorial Day on Monday, a national holiday to commemorate the US Civil War which ended 150 years ago. Now we mark the day to honor the dead of all the past wars including those fought in 20th and 21st centuries. So you will see lots of flags this weekend, particularly in San Diego as it's a significant Navy port.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 00:22 by stoneslib.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:21

At the Victoria airport now!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:26

Merch trailer open.
I bought SD baseball tongue. But why no "92101" Zip Code on back print??

Date: May 23, 2015 23:28

I like the bar and I did not think for a moment about the flags. I am in America now and flags are common here, they even decorate the beer bottles like the Bud cans have lots of flags now. God bless America, and please do not turn this into anything political. I am so glad all countries are different. It would be boring if everything looked the same in the world.

The sun is shining in San Diego now, and on Monday there is Memorial Day. Anybody should be allowed to have their flags up on posts without any worries. I missed our national constitution day on Sunday May 17 in Norway, so I would take any other celebration like a wedding or a Memorial Day as a substitute.

Enjoy San Diego!

Bjornulf

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:28

Hairball
StonesSoCal

Sounds like fun. I'll be down there later tonight.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:30

sarahunwin
Waiting for the airporter - whoo hoo!
Hope to see you down there Sara.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 23, 2015 23:30

The "Tongue Sunset" seems to be the San Diego commemorative litograph? Last year those were only revealed on show day.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:33

peoplewitheyes
man! I want one of those pins! That Lucky Brand store looks great, with cooler clothes that the merch van...

Well, let's hope Lucky Brand have a wider selection for women than the usual. I never get why they produce the T-shirts specific to each venue in all sorts of sizes for men, right up to XXXL, and nothing for women. We have to make do with a few more generic options. They are missing a trick here.

Waiting now to see who's going to be the first to call me a whiner eye rolling smiley

Date: May 23, 2015 23:35

bv
I like the bar and I did not think for a moment about the flags. I am in America now and flags are common here, they even decorate the beer bottles like the Bud cans have lots of flags now. God bless America, and please do not turn this into anything political. I am so glad all countries are different. It would be boring if everything looked the same in the world.

The sun is shining in San Diego now, and on Monday there is Memorial Day. Anybody should be allowed to have their flags up on posts without any worries. I missed our national constitution day on Sunday May 17 in Norway, so I would take any other celebration like a wedding or a Memorial Day as a substitute.

Enjoy San Diego!

Lucky for us germans I meant. I see how it's political, I'm sorry. Everybody do as they please cool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:36

bv

Enjoy San Diego!

Great post BV...yes, enjoy everyone. San Diego is a beautiful city, especially when the Stones are in town!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 23:40 by latebloomer.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:39

Beast
peoplewitheyes

Well, let's hope Lucky Brand have a wider selection for women than the usual. I never get why they produce the T-shirts specific to each venue in all sorts of sizes for men, right up to XXXL, and nothing for women. We have to make do with a few more generic options. They are missing a trick here.

Waiting now to see who's going to be the first to call me a whiner eye rolling smiley

I hear ya, Beast. I'm really happy about the Lucky Brand partnership, I love their clothes...I'm wearing my favorite LB weekend jeans right now.smiling smiley

Posted by: mjolly77 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:47

Stones Nation

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:49

Nikkei
The "Tongue Sunset" seems to be the San Diego commemorative litograph? Last year those were only revealed on show day.

For Australia, they were revealed a day before each show. In Europe too, as I recall.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 23, 2015 23:50

Have a great time in San Diego everyone, and opener is always a great gig, as was Oslo in Europe.
Not able to make North America, but saving for South America, hopefully at some time 2015-2016.

Just had a look at your blog BV and will follow it every day, but please just take it easy posting on there when you can , and if you can.

Most of us are patient and don't have to get info, pics ,reviews etc. straight away.
Just in your own time BV.

I also agree with no comments on your blog. smileys with beer

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:09

Oh my I am so sorry I flew home from LA. I want to be in San Diego so bad I could taste it. I counted on Fonda '15 to get me through to Atlanta but there is no way I can make until then. I am going to have to add another show. My blood is boiling. Please everyone there have a blast. It looks so cool.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:23

latebloomer

Great post BV...yes, enjoy everyone. San Diego is a beautiful city, especially when the Stones are in town!

BV and Nikkei

No worries, I was trying to explain the flags to those from elsewhere. Memorial Day used to be known as Decoration Day and graves of soldiers were adorned with flowers. People still leave flowers, but flags are more common nowaways.

If you have time before or after the concert, you may want to drive out to Cabrillo National Monument over looking the harbor and the Pacific Ocean. On the way, you pass by Ft Rosecrans National Cemetery - where the Boy Scouts have decorated all the gravestones with flags for the holiday. It's beautiful, yet sad.

Cabrillo is a great place -- tidepools on the oceanside, the historic lighthouse near the museum, and a statue of Juan Rodriquez Cabrillo, the Portuguese explorer who came to San Diego in 1542 overlooking the fantastic view of the San Diego harbor (and Petco Park). Hiking trails lead to the bay if you are up it. [www.nps.gov]

Bus 84 runs from Old Town to Cabrillo -- but only Monday-Friday and not on holidays.

Mrs Stoneslib

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 00:25 by stoneslib.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:29

I'm having a beer at the Deck and people-watching. Bought a shirt at the merchandise booth. No lines, might as well get it now. I asked security if they could/would tell me if there is going to be a sound check today. I was told that the stage is still going up and sound check is more likely tomorrow. I'm going to hang around for awhile though.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:30

I'm not sure how many hours ago that stage pic is, but its a long way from ready.
Creates more doubt about a rehersal this afternoon.

What hotel is the band staying at?

If they are close by, Mick & Ronnie might pop over to inspect, and try the sound system. They are very particular about that, and won't want to risk waiting until tomorrow. There will definitely be a sound check tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 00:38 by Gfmsoccer.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 24, 2015 00:30

So THRILLED to be here in San Diego!!

Where I actually HAVE a ticket to the show !!winking smiley

And now.. My first tour t-shirt!!
Whew...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home