Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:48

Early in SD sale, I pulled up row 4, pairs, in both A3 and A6, looking in the Diamond VIP sale - they are over $1700 a ticket. Threw them back, but probably would have gone for the same row in A5, or row 3 in A4. In the AX sales, I found nothing of value - looking for very good floor seats. Plan to stay patient.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:50

No seats, not even 1 tix. I think i would rather spend the night in line! I hope my Start me Up Package comes thru. Who is in charge of these tickets sales sites?

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:56

The process this morning went well using Amex Preferred. The waiting room let me in right after 10:00 and per plan I went after 4 tix @ $175. System came back with a low row in Field Infield 113; bought and printed.

Afterwards I poked around and twice brought up 2 on Field 11 row 7, basically head on the B-stage although at some distance. Sent those back, and soon the system started choking with heavy volume.

Harold

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:57

Even trying the cheapest ticket at QTY 1 I get the "Tickets are not available together in the quantity you requested in this section at this time. Please choose one of the other options below."

What a mess.

peace

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:58

This show will be likely be the toughest ticket for the regular shows on this tour It's the only show in the West and based on my experience with this venue, it can be tough to find tickets on the day of the show. I was there for Paul McCartney last August and there weren't a lot of tickets being sold outside by people with extras and they wanted above face value. We had to wait a couple of hours at the box office for a small release of tickets, along with a lot of maybe 40-50 other people I wasn't going to take my chances even though you can usually find below face value tickets for the Stones even in arenas.

Date: April 8, 2015 20:59

"Sorry the ticketing system says there are no tickets available for this preformance."

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:03

kate2
"Sorry the ticketing system says there are no tickets available for this preformance."

OK I'm getting that msg now too. Sold out of pre-sale tickets in an hour?

peace

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:03

Well, what a mess that was. We ended up with seats in FZ110 for $175 after a few throwbacks and this was using the 'Best Available' option on Tickets.com.

Should have checked their approved scalper site (https://www.superstartickets.com/The-Rolling-Stones-2527211) as I watched floor tickets in A1,2,7 & 8 going for not much more to start. Currently showing Field A8, Row 6 for $359. Also, there is no service charge and a 5% discount (use code SUPERCLOSER). Lesson learned for the future.

Still waiting for some type of response from the Padres (no charge to credit card yet) on the order we placed last week for the 'Start Me Up' Experience tickets. Come on Padres, don't let us down!

As posted earlier, if Padres come through as promised I will sell the 2 tickets above for face value on this site. Ok, have to get back to work.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:04

Hopefully, who ever said only about 10% of the tickets go on sale today is correct.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:09

BluzDude
Hopefully, who ever said only about 10% of the tickets go on sale today is correct.

I hope that, too. I don't have Amex, so I'll have to wait until next monday.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:09

Currently showing only $175 and $99 options for AMEX presale, but I'm still unable to barge through the "unable to process request" barricade lol.
Have no fear, patience is being tested, but we shall overcome! thumbs up

Posted by: j22surf ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:19

j22surf
Well, what a mess that was. We ended up with seats in FZ110 for $175 after a few throwbacks and this was using the 'Best Available' option on Tickets.com.

Should have checked their approved scalper site (https://www.superstartickets.com/The-Rolling-Stones-2527211) as I watched floor tickets in A1,2,7 & 8 going for not much more to start. Currently showing Field A8, Row 6 for $359. Also, there is no service charge and a 5% discount (use code SUPERCLOSER). Lesson learned for the future.

Still waiting for some type of response from the Padres (no charge to credit card yet) on the order we placed last week for the 'Start Me Up' Experience tickets. Come on Padres, don't let us down!

As posted earlier, if Padres come through as promised I will sell the 2 tickets above for face value on this site. Ok, have to get back to work.

One more post and then back to work (the beauty of working out of your home). Watch the number of tickets available increase on superstartickets.com along with the prices as you refresh the page. WTF! I truly feel for those that have to wait for the regular sale to start.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:21

BluzDude
Yeah, hopefully, but why would they limit sales?..Maybe legal obligation to put some tix on sale for the general public???....Presale was suppose to last 4 days.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:25

I went for the Sapphire VIP and got P1 section A5 row 25. I'm psyched!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 21:36 by Woz.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:27

jazzbass
I'm in! Sect A6, row 3.

Wow, superb seat.
Congrats !

Is this through Amex preferred seating??

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:31

leteyer
BluzDude
Yeah, hopefully, but why would they limit sales?..Maybe legal obligation to put some tix on sale for the general public???....Presale was suppose to last 4 days.
Only a small allotment goes on sale on the presale. The purpose is to sell out (the presale allotment) quickly and generate buzz for the general sale. A presale lasting 4 days wouldn't do that. A quick presale sellout does. Relax.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:31

They have a few good tickets for ok prices...knowing the seat would help.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:36

Had the easiest time with the two baseball parks.. A8 row 2 in SD for $175
And decent seats in Detroit as well, but not on field..

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:37

Decent seats not on the field exist?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:48

sdstonesguy
Decent seats not on the field exist?
Indeed.. but the odds are good I will self upgrade.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:52

Has anyone out there been charged for tickets they bought through the Padres? Start Me Up or the other package?

Thanks,
Ron

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:53

Rokyfan
leteyer
BluzDude
Only a small allotment goes on sale on the presale. The purpose is to sell out (the presale allotment) quickly and generate buzz for the general sale. A presale lasting 4 days wouldn't do that. A quick presale sellout does. Relax.
I didn't fixed the time frame, they did from today at 10:00 AM to the 12th 10:00 PM..I didnt realise I sounded hysterical, I am relaxed, been around here a few times before, don't worry about me.

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:04

Whew - what a morning. Struggled with tickets.com for over an hour, threw back tickets in A10 and A11, numerous "unable to process . . ." and then P1 level tickets were no longer an option.

Took a look at Sapphire VIP packages - after a few attempts pulled up A6 row 20 - exactly where I wanted to be. Swallowed hard a few times and pulled the trigger.

A lot of money, but exactly the seats I wanted, printed out, and now I can stop stressing about it. hot smiley

Date: April 8, 2015 22:04

Ron, i have not been charged and could not get any tixs in presale..have reg amx. tried plat and just said system was busy..post if you hear anything...it is so maddening that we cannot even get a confirmation that we will get tixs at all! i sent your form 'downstairs'..that was 8 days ago

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:09

kate2
Ron, i have not been charged and could not get any tixs in presale..have reg amx. tried plat and just said system was busy..post if you hear anything...it is so maddening that we cannot even get a confirmation that we will get tixs at all! i sent your form 'downstairs'..that was 8 days ago

Thank you, will do, I'm sure it will work out smiling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:11

spidey9
Whew - what a morning. Struggled with tickets.com for over an hour, threw back tickets in A10 and A11, numerous "unable to process . . ." and then P1 level tickets were no longer an option.

Took a look at Sapphire VIP packages - after a few attempts pulled up A6 row 20 - exactly where I wanted to be. Swallowed hard a few times and pulled the trigger.

A lot of money, but exactly the seats I wanted, printed out, and now I can stop stressing about it. hot smiley

A5 row 25......I swallowed hard too, but what the hell, it's only money!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:16

leteyer
Rokyfan
leteyer
BluzDude
I didn't fixed the time frame, they did from today at 10:00 AM to the 12th 10:00 PM..I didnt realise I sounded hysterical, I am relaxed, been around here a few times before, don't worry about me.
You didn't sound hysterical you just asked a few questions which i answered. Specifically, you asked why would they limit sales and I told you why. They want the presales to sell out right away. I know you didn't make up the 4 day limit, but that is not real, it is set up to sell out fast. I just meant relax (people who got shut out today, not necessarily you), there will be plenty of tickets on the general sale, I didn't mean that you sounded panicked or anything . Relax.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: April 8, 2015 22:31

This presale was a total fiasco! My daughter tried from two computers and I tried from work, nothing. I think the server crashed for a while, we threw some tickets back and by the time we got through there were no two seats together available anymore. So frustrated and so disappointed! sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:45

try again with the Pandora presale at 10am tomorrow and/or the Zip Code 92101 presale Friday. There should be more being held for those and there is always general onsale Monday morning.

[sandiego.padres.mlb.com]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:45

a bigger nut
jazzbass
I'm in! Sect A6, row 3.

Wow, superb seat.
Congrats !

Is this through Amex preferred seating??

I was working both. Had my Centurion concierge working for me and at the same time I was refreshing online. At first, I got the familiar "2 seats together not available" then 1 refresh later yielded these tickets.

As I was completing the purchasing process, my concierge called and said she had row 5, same section and I turned them down.

So basically I scored these 2 seats on my own. I also managed a single Diamond VIP at Columbus and Raleigh so I'm pretty stoked all around if not a little poorer.

Best of luck to everyone still trying and hope to see you all there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2320
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home