Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
2015 ticket prices.
Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:45

I'm hoping that since they're playing larger venue's ,the ticket price's will be lower. Any info out there?

Re: 2015 ticket prices.
Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:17

We'll find out on Tuesday

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 29, 2015 20:52

vincentwhirlwind
I'm hoping that since they're playing larger venue's ,the ticket price's will be lower. Any info out there?

They'll be outrageous, completely unaffordable. The entire population of the United States will be up in arms about it, and the whole tour will be cancelled within a week of it being announced. Charlie will say "told you so" and then announce that he's going home to carry on with his horse breeding, Keith will say "well I was never much good at this accountancy malarkey anyway", and Mick will go to Mustique for a swim and to think what happens next. BV will go for a bike ride and then climb Kilimanjaro .......

That's it really !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:21

[Sigh] And so it begins... grinning smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:27

SomeTorontoGirl

Hopefully nowhere near the obscene prices charged for the recent tours arena shows.

Maybe I am wrong but I can't see them being less than the ABB stadium shows where primo seats started at $300.00 but if I was to guess I bet those seats will be more $$$ this time.

If I was to guess you should still be able to get sub $100.00 nosebleed seats. If not I think they will have to paper local businesses and radio stations to fill the Stadiums.

All just conjecture on my part based on recent pricing history as I have no insider info.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:55

The prices won't be as crazy as for the 2013 arena shows but they'll still be expensive. Not to worry though. In places like Columbus and Indy there will be plenty of $20 tickets available in the parking lot on the day of the show.

Date: March 29, 2015 22:07

Roscoe
The prices won't be as crazy as for the 2013 arena shows but they'll still be expensive. Not to worry though. In places like Columbus and Indy there will be plenty of $20 tickets available in the parking lot on the day of the show.

No doubt Roscoe, if history is any indicator you should be able to get seats well below face value and maybe even decent seats for below face on show day in the parking lot if you are patient and do a little shopping.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:10

Aren't the recent ticket prices about the same as the scalpers used to charge?

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:25

If the promoter wants to fill these stadiums they are going to have to make the ticket prices around 75.00 and they will get 50-60k in them BUT if they are going attempt to rape joe public with 400.00 lower level to 125.00 upper lever they better put at least 2 other bands on the bill or they will take a bath. You can bank on that cause 13K hard cord fans will not cover the cost and you will see hundreds of 20-30 dollar tickets in the parking lot, & 30-40k in the stands. In the end, promoter & band will lose money cause 10-20k less fans in the stadium will bring a big lost in T-Shirt and Merchandise sales.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-29 22:29 by Rolling1.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:37

It was posted in the other thread that VIP packages are around $1800 per ticket (Orlando Concert). I can't remember the recent thread page number but you can search by name for esponse to the post.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 29, 2015 22:48

Also I would like to follow up my previous post, the amount of money spent over the years since I was a pre-teen, which includes movies, merchandise, Albums, concert tickets, travel costs, concessions, and time has well run over $10,000 easily. Why worry now what prices are at this stage in the game?

We're going to the concert.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 29, 2015 23:25

Chris Fountain
Also I would like to follow up my previous post, the amount of money spent over the years since I was a pre-teen, which includes movies, merchandise, Albums, concert tickets, travel costs, concessions, and time has well run over $10,000 easily. Why worry now what prices are at this stage in the game?

Imagine how much someone like Bjornulf has spent...and if you include his time moderating and working on this site it's probably a pretty shocking number. Just don't tell his wife. eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: HoniSoit ()
Date: March 29, 2015 23:54

Naturalust
Chris Fountain

Imagine how much someone like Bjornulf has spent...and if you include his time moderating and working on this site it's probably a pretty shocking number. Just don't tell his wife. eye popping smiley

peace

He should get a life or move to China/Saudi Arabia.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2015 00:17

Chris Fountain
It was posted in the other thread that VIP packages are around $1800 per ticket (Orlando Concert). I can't remember the recent thread page number but you can search by name for esponse to the post.

Missed that, even worse than the $1500 pit packages?! Got a link?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 30, 2015 03:23

mjmjr
We'll find out on Tuesday

I think the tour announcement on Tuesday will just give dates and venues and we will not know the pricing until the first pre sale.

plexi

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:29

i would not bet on prices going down

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:08

Typical ticketmaster fee

$40.00 Concert
$80.00 Processing Fee
$75.00 Handling
$25.00 Processing again
$100.00 Surcharge
$100.00 Printing and mail
$15.00 State and local tax
$400.00 Free t Shirt with your ticket
$400.00 Because Ticketmaster is a monopoly

$1235.00 Total for (insert band here)

Only kidding

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 20:09 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:13

More Hot Rocks
Typical ticketmaster fee

$40.00 Concert
$80.00 Processing Fee
$75.00 Handling
$25.00 Processing again
$100.00 Surcharge

Only kidding

You forgot the 'convenience fee' of $15.

Date: March 30, 2015 20:18

I believe the ticket pricing was the whole reason for the delayed tour announcement. Mick probably saw that the promoters were getting greedy and didn't want to risk poor ticket sales for these huge venues so he exercised some provision in his contract to have more control over the prices. I think we will see more reasonable pricing for this tour and I think we will have Mick to thank for it. Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part.

peace

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:57

Naturalust
I believe the ticket pricing was the whole reason for the delayed tour announcement. Mick probably saw that the promoters were getting greedy and didn't want to risk poor ticket sales for these huge venues so he exercised some provision in his contract to have more control over the prices. I think we will see more reasonable pricing for this tour and I think we will have Mick to thank for it. Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part.

peace

actually Mick heard they weren't going to get paid the fees they are accustomed to making so he exercised some provision in his contact to have more control over the prices and jacked them up. I think we will have Mick to thank for it.
Disclaimer: This is pure speculation on my part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 20:59 by reg thorpe.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:01

reg thorpe
Naturalust

peace

actually Mick heard they weren't going to get paid the fees they are accustomed to making so he exercised some provision in his contact to have more control over the prices and jacked them up. I think we will have Mick to thank for it.

Actually I think you're both wrong. I think the governor of Indiana saw a clip of Mick kissing Ronnie on SNL and exercised his privilege under the new law to refuse entry for Mick and Ronnie to the Indy event for reasons which will remain confidential.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:05

treaclefingers
reg thorpe
Naturalust

peace

Actually I think you're both wrong. I think the governor of Indiana saw a clip of Mick kissing Ronnie on SNL and exercised his privilege under the new law to refuse entry for Mick and Ronnie to the Indy event for reasons which will remain confidential.

moody smiley

Date: March 30, 2015 21:26

I can only hope the overpriced tickets don't sell quickly and they will offer the $85.00 mystery seats again. I was happily able to get those last time for 7 shows and will gladly do it again. At $300+ I can only do 2 shows. So we just don't know how this is going to play out yet. Time IS on our side for this tour, because the Stones are not allowing much time for stadium sellouts. If the tickets don't sell fast, they may panic and drop the prices again. IMO.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:26

count you money, breath, count again, continue breathing – fall over, smash whatever you hold in your hand at the wall, stop your divorce (you won't be able to afford it anymore) etc.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:28

More Hot Rocks
Typical ticketmaster fee

$40.00 Concert
$80.00 Processing Fee
$75.00 Handling
$25.00 Processing again
$100.00 Surcharge

Only kidding

The good news is they'll refund the $40 if the concert is cancelled!

Date: March 30, 2015 21:31

We'll probably never know the true reason for the delay, some business details that are protected by confidentiality agreements. But when the sales start, and ticket prices are relatively reasonable I don't think many will complain about the delay.

Pretty sure the Stones guarantee is solid not matter the pricing, obviously promoters want to make a killing and the Stones want to see sold out shows, so there is a bit of conflict of interest there. It is in the Stones best interest to have as cheap of tickets as possible, more money for the fans to buy merch, good PR about sold out shows and no messy complaining about the prices.

Unfortunately, if the demand proves to be higher than expected, it's the sleazy secondary market that will profit. I imagine the promoters are making back room deals as we speak to maximize their profits and minimize their risk, selling off as many tickets as possible to these secondary ticket companies.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-30 21:51 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:34

More Hot Rocks
Typical ticketmaster fee

$40.00 Concert
$80.00 Processing Fee
$75.00 Handling
$25.00 Processing again
$100.00 Surcharge

You forgot the bend me over and xxxx me fee

>grinning smiley<

Only kidding

Date: March 30, 2015 21:38

BitchKeepsBitchin
I can only hope the overpriced tickets don't sell quickly and they will offer the $85.00 mystery seats again. I was happily able to get those last time for 7 shows and will gladly do it again. At $300+ I can only do 2 shows. So we just don't know how this is going to play out yet. Time IS on our side for this tour, because the Stones are not allowing much time for stadium sellouts. If the tickets don't sell fast, they may panic and drop the prices again. IMO.

For the Stadium shows I would speculate that nosebleed upper level seats will be around that price or cheaper so there is not reason to have the mystery seats

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:15

The curmudgeon just deleted my account... Aw, you poor thing, is it "offensive" to call a spade a spade? I called you "a pain in the arse" because you deleted my first post which was not "offensive" at all. Yeah, ticket prices are ridiculous, VIP tickets are f-ucking ridiculous for a so-called "rock show"... deal with it! Why did you delete this post? Is it a Stones board or a takfirist board? And don't try to explain your behaviour by saying "iorr is not a place for people who like to offend others" because I am not a sociopath. Ticket prices are more offensive than my first post. Plus you deleted my posts without thinking more than a few seconds, this is..."rough justice"...

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:56

SomeTorontoGirl

Well Yes....July 12 1962 !!!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home