Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 2015 ticket prices.
Date: April 2, 2015 15:21

The question I have is will be actually know where the price breaks are for the seat locations before they go on sale?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 15:21 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:44

I wonder why the prices are so much higher than for Europe 2014? Higher touring costs perhaps ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:57

gotdablouse
I wonder why the prices are so much higher than for Europe 2014? Higher touring costs perhaps ?

Just what they think the market will bear is my guess.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:57

The Stones website says "check frequently for more info on presages and packages"...... Maybe there will be VIP tickets.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:57

donvis
The Stones website says "check frequently for more info on presages and packages"...... Maybe there will be VIP tickets.

Follow the link below for VIP package descriptions.

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 4, 2015 04:31

I'm having fun calculating the $/song cost of some of the thousands of seats Stub Hub is already offering for this tour. Assuming the normal 19 songs per show the range for Petco Park is $16/song to $526/song.

peace

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 4, 2015 05:09

oldschool
Roscoe
The prices won't be as crazy as for the 2013 arena shows but they'll still be expensive. Not to worry though. In places like Columbus and Indy there will be plenty of $20 tickets available in the parking lot on the day of the show.

No doubt Roscoe, if history is any indicator you should be able to get seats well below face value and maybe even decent seats for below face on show day in the parking lot if you are patient and do a little shopping.

Aug 2005 they played 2 nights at Fenway pk Boston 40,000, 5 months later Jan 2006 played 2 Nights Boston garden 18,000, 8 months later Sept 2006 1 night Gillette stadium Foxboro 25 miles south of Boston. Maybe over exposer factored into this but the day of the Gillette show I paid face value $22.50 for my ticket. The price had been lowered from what was origanally a $99.00 seat because of slow sales.

They lowered plenty of seat price's 2 to three weeks before many of the all arena shows in 2013. All Stadiums plenty of tickets will be floating around.

Date: April 4, 2015 05:25

Love stories of dedicated fans getting good seats for face value and below! As has been said, people getting stadium seats at the last minute is a pretty solid guarantee. I welcome stories of people getting great seats through the primary ticket sellers and other non-marked up prices...something to make us feel good in light of the greedy secondary market scammers and huge number of over-priced tickets already available before the sale even starts.

peace

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 4, 2015 06:49

I scored front row centre at BC Place in Vancouver in 2006.

Bought a single ticket 45 min before the show from some nice looking folks who said they had an extra that they just bought at the box office.

Their asking price: $100 cad. Price printed on the ticket: $100.

Guess it was a vip seat put up at the last minute for a quick (& lucky) sale.

They didn't end up next to me. Sometimes going solo has its advantages.

Needless to say it was a transcendent experience - Keith even pointed at me during 'Sympathy".

Once in a lifetime...

Date: April 9, 2015 21:11

I've been reading of the success stories about people getting tickets in the 2015 pre-sales, which is great, but am I the only one to be really shocked at the prices...and add the scandalous pricing of the "Official Platinum Seats" on TM. The prices in Europe last year (even the VIP packages!) look like a total bargain in comparison!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 9, 2015 21:26

gotdablouse
I've been reading of the success stories about people getting tickets in the 2015 pre-sales, which is great, but am I the only one to be really shocked at the prices...and add the scandalous pricing of the "Official Platinum Seats" on TM. The prices in Europe last year (even the VIP packages!) look like a total bargain in comparison!

Plenty of seats will be available closer to the day of the show. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if there aren't empty seats at every show except possibly San Diego. But I share your shock at the prices people are paying for some of the packages. Although, delighted that Rock and Roll is still so valuable to many. For me it's like, head to Maui for a couple weeks or watch another Stones show from relatively close up.....hmmmm. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:26

mosthigh

Bought a single ticket 45 min before the show from some nice looking folks who said they had an extra that they just bought at the box office.

Needless to say it was a transcendent experience - Keith even pointed at me during 'Sympathy".

Once in a lifetime...
Actually, while some were reserved for VIP Packages, there weren't too many people purchasing those back then. The first 9 rows on the Bigger Bang Tour were $99, or 99 Euro, etc. Those were sold randomly and were impossible to get, although I managed it once for Twickenham. From row 10, the price jumped up to $400 as I recall.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:29

mosthigh

Once in a lifetime...

Good on ya!

I was at the same show, row 20 I think. Spend several hundred dollars more...angry smiley NEWMAN!

Date: April 9, 2015 22:14

Naturalust
gotdablouse

Plenty of seats will be available closer to the day of the show. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if there aren't empty seats at every show except possibly San Diego. But I share your shock at the prices people are paying for some of the packages. Although, delighted that Rock and Roll is still so valuable to many. For me it's like, head to Maui for a couple weeks or watch another Stones show from relatively close up.....hmmmm. smoking smiley

peace

Yeah, Maui sounds good...I guess "pre-sales" are part of the big "flex pricing" picture now. They know die-hards will be so anxious to score a ticket that they can squeeze out a lot, especially with the same of different pre-sales, AMEX (I suppose AMEX are paying up to be there too), Pandora, "Official Plantinum Seats", etc...It's so confusing you're just happy to have a ticket and pretty much forget about the price. I remember being ecstatic at getting a pit ticket for the O2 in the FB presale...it was a fabulous experience but when you give it a cold look it was £400, a lot of money ! Back to the "flex pricing", what AEG make now will give them a bit more "room" to sell tickets at a lowered price down the road if sales get slow.

--------------

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:38

"Official Platinum Seats". How is that "rock"?

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:27

drbryant
mosthigh

Once in a lifetime...
Actually, while some were reserved for VIP Packages, there weren't too many people purchasing those back then. The first 9 rows on the Bigger Bang Tour were $99, or 99 Euro, etc. Those were sold randomly and were impossible to get, although I managed it once for Twickenham. From row 10, the price jumped up to $400 as I recall.

I forgot if it was row 10 or 15 but you are certainly correct on pricing, cheers!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home