Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones - Papa was a rolling stone....
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:32

Just caught this on a music site. Don't know if this has appeared here before. It's an interesting little read and cueing up the Temptations "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" might be appropos background music while reading it.

[rhythms.com.au]

Re: Brian Jones - Papa was a rolling stone....
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:09

Personal pet peeve--if I read one more time that Keith "stole" Anita, as if Anita was an inanimate being with no mind of her own, I will . . . .

OK, carry on. smiling smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 10, 2015 02:10

Aquamarine
Personal pet peeve--if I read one more time that Keith "stole" Anita, as if Anita was an inanimate being with no mind of her own, I will . . . .

thumbs up

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:02

Aquamarine

lol. Yeah I'm pretty sure Anita orchestrated the whole thing. Anita's powers seemed pretty amazing back then and she obviously cast her spell on many.

But in context, there is a sort of unwritten rule among mates that you stay away from your friends (and bandmates) women. Maybe it was different in the 60's but it is generally a good rule to follow. I think Keith's whole "I rescued her" story is a bit overblown, he was probably just a romantic horny young man who fell under Anita's spell and his prior frustration with Brian (on a lot of levels) allowed him to act as he did.

peace

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:54

Naturalust
Aquamarine

lol. Yeah I'm pretty sure Anita orchestrated the whole thing. Anita's powers seemed pretty amazing back then and she obviously cast her spell on many.

But in context, there is a sort of unwritten rule among mates that you stay away from your friends (and bandmates) women. Maybe it was different in the 60's but it is generally a good rule to follow. I think Keith's whole "I rescued her" story is a bit overblown, he was probably just a romantic horny young man who fell under Anita's spell and his prior frustration with Brian (on a lot of levels) allowed him to act as he did.

peace

Keith's account in "Life" of how he and Anita first connected in the back seat was very moving. They were hitting on each other's women from the beginning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home