Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MATHIJS: WORST 1972 SHOW(S) AND WHY?
Date: July 9, 2005 09:40

My Stones compatriot, please share with us your opinions on the bad (extant boots, that is) shows from the tour and why you think so. I'm filing your responses so I can look at them next "Stones season." And I'll even buy you a root beer in a Heiloo night spot if we can find one next February!

Thanks!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: MATHIJS: WORST 1972 SHOW(S) AND WHY?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 9, 2005 21:14

I don't find the first couple of shows all that hot -Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco. I think the Hollywood show was the first good one. Also, the Fort Worth shows aren't the best, they sound a bit lame, slow and tired too me.

Mathijs

Re: MATHIJS: WORST 1972 SHOW(S) AND WHY?
Posted by: mark ()
Date: July 11, 2005 18:52

Keith has said you don't want to catch them during their first few shows. Even live the Vancouver show lacked any kind of pollish, it was lively though.
I think this is one of my biggest pet peeves about the Stones. Fans jump hoops to get tickets at huge prices and the band uses this time to hammer out a product. Kind of a slap in the face to the first shows fans. It's a real dilema for me, I know they got where they are and I love em for it by being a 'we'll do it our way' group of guys, I just don't think at the concert stage the fans should suffer.

I recall Rod opening his first tour without the faces in Vancounver. It was like clockwork until one little bit of feedback squeeled out. Rod raised both arms above his head, pointed a finger off each towards the sound board and outloud declared "tonight is opening night, there will be no f#*k-ups, it's my ass up here"....not another hint of a problem, now that's what I don't mind paying for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home