Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

wanna speculate? speculate on the contest, not the tour announcement
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 22, 2015 21:06

anyone given any thought about the contest, and the "undisclosed location"?
like BV has mentioned, no plans for 2016 right now. looks like this could be the last american tour. they're gonna end with a stadium show in buffalo?
doesn't it make more sense they have a super sexy show after the tour is over? they put out hyde park. they're gonna film another stadium show for possible release?

the delay is some type of business BS where someone thought they could pull a fast one on mick & guess what? mick pulled rank. the delay means i missed out on some airline discounts, but we'll get the announcement soon.

the question is, exactly what is the last thing they are gonna due in america?

Re: wanna speculate? speculate on the contest, not the tour announcement
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 22, 2015 21:35

Per other clever sleuths on these boards.. I believe the concert site has been determined to be Indianapolis..

"the question is, exactly what is the last thing they are gonna due in america?"
My hope is die on-stage some twenty+ years from now.

Date: March 22, 2015 21:36

I'm going to say that the U.S.A. tour is either a definite yes (due to the billboards they've put up in select towns), or their biggest promotion fail.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 22, 2015 21:41

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 22, 2015 21:59

I would say for sure that the tour is on.

It will be a lot of fun too, but God I hope this isn't the last one sad smiley

Date: March 23, 2015 07:40

The contest says nothing about a show or tour, does it? You win a DVD...
You get a chance to have your voice recorded...and maybe they will use it next year somewhere...or you get to win an LP...

A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner"). Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion.

Qualifying prize will consist of one vinyl album by The Rolling Stones. Approximate retail value of the qualifying prize is twenty U.S. dollars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 07:41 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 23, 2015 21:06

UndercoverLovingcup
You get a chance to have your voice recorded...and maybe they will use it next year somewhere...or you get to win an LP...

A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner"). Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion.

Qualifying prize will consist of one vinyl album by The Rolling Stones. Approximate retail value of the qualifying prize is twenty U.S. dollars.

Thinking the lack of tickets mentioned is due to the fact that they can't include something that doesn't exist yet and that a pass to a show at the undisclosed location is probably a given. It would be more than strange to fly someone to a Stones concert city, record them and send them on their way without seeing a show.

Maybe this show will be the unannounced small club show/rehearsal! That would make this prize pretty damn awesome.

peace

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:06

Naturalust
UndercoverLovingcup

Thinking the lack of tickets mentioned is due to the fact that they can't include something that doesn't exist yet and that a pass to a show at the undisclosed location is probably a given. It would be more than strange to fly someone to a Stones concert city, record them and send them on their way without seeing a show.

Maybe this show will be the unannounced small club show/rehearsal! That would make this prize pretty damn awesome.

peace

yeah, that would be the pinnacle. I won tickets to the 'onstage' seating for a Stones Toronto show...what a great feeling winning that.

Date: March 24, 2015 03:27

treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

yeah, that would be the pinnacle. I won tickets to the 'onstage' seating for a Stones Toronto show...what a great feeling winning that.

Damn treacle, that must have been a treat. I'm sure there's a good story there, feel free to elaborate....

peace

Date: March 24, 2015 03:32

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

Damn treacle, that must have been a treat. I'm sure there's a good story there, feel free to elaborate....

peace

Not really a great story beyond getting a call on my cell letting me know I'd won. I'm in Vancouver and had to be in Toronto of course.

HOWEVER, I'd already planned a biz trip to Toronto to coincide with the Toronto show. AND I'd previously bought a seat, 20th row on the floor.

When I get to the show, with my 3 tickets (I went solo), the scalpers were selling floor seats for half price. I was able to unload the pair of onstage for $180....I think I paid $375 for my floor ticket.

At the end of the day I reduced my ticket price by half...still would have like to have known what it was like to see them on stage, although the seat I had was great and nothing to complain about.

Date: March 24, 2015 05:11

treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

peace

Not really a great story beyond getting a call on my cell letting me know I'd won. I'm in Vancouver and had to be in Toronto of course.

HOWEVER, I'd already planned a biz trip to Toronto to coincide with the Toronto show. AND I'd previously bought a seat, 20th row on the floor.

When I get to the show, with my 3 tickets (I went solo), the scalpers were selling floor seats for half price. I was able to unload the pair of onstage for $180....I think I paid $375 for my floor ticket.

At the end of the day I reduced my ticket price by half...still would have like to have known what it was like to see them on stage, although the seat I had was great and nothing to complain about.

Thanks for the story, ...if all choices were so tough....row 20 or on stage, hmmm. I'd have probably picked the stage just because I've never seen them from that perspective, especially if it was Keith's side.

peace

Date: March 24, 2015 14:36

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

peace

Thanks for the story, ...if all choices were so tough....row 20 or on stage, hmmm. I'd have probably picked the stage just because I've never seen them from that perspective, especially if it was Keith's side.

peace

yeah, it was a tough choice. there were mixed reviews about the onstage tickets, you were seated behind and above them.

plus, I didn't want to take the $200 hair cut on my floor seat, as they were going for less than half price. I know, whether I sold the stage tickets or the floor tickets, I was going to get less than 'face value', but I guess I reckoned that I was losing more selling the floor seat because there was more value to a pair of tickets than a single.

Anyway it wasn't completely thought out...I guess I wasn't expecting to be faced with that decision moments before show time!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2015 14:43

Now THIS is a topic you should be talking about.

smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 3023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home