Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:50

I ain't goin'...but where do I sign?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:51

shadooby
I ain't goin'...but where do I sign?

Which petition do you want to sign shadooby - the original petition, the counter petition, or the one to ban petitions? This is all getting very confusing...confused smiley

Date: March 22, 2015 01:10

Whichever one excludes him from his negative presence on said event.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:03

Palace Revolution 2000
It's a shame a thread like this is on a Stonesboard.
We should be starting a petition against the petition.

Good point.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2015 09:59

It's only rock 'n roll: Ronnie Wood says Kanye West doesn't belong at Glastonbury

[www.mirror.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Re: OT: Over 50,000 people have now signed petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 22, 2015 12:54

bleedingman
RomanCandle
To those who say that rap requires no talent... Don't be presumptuous. It takes talent to rap like this:
video: [m.youtube.com]

Trying to convert people who have zero interest, and are even repulsed (as I am) to rap is shoveling manure against the tide. Obviously people like you enjoy it but those of us who don't most likely won't be won over at this stage of the game.

I'm sorry but I feel like a Jehovah's witness today.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:25

Over 121,000 people have now signed. I get the feeling this will be a tough gig for Kayne West...........

peace

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:55

He will pull out.

He thinks he is the big star and will not take the next stage down in the Glastonbury stages structure.

Rap stage or whatever,Yes ! Get on there mate,and Rap away to your hearts content, but main stage, a definite no for me. If I had a ticket for that day, I would get a refund.

Date: March 22, 2015 14:00

Kinda reminds me of how unwelcome Sinead O'Connor was at Dylan's 30th concert at MSG. Remember that?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:52

crawdaddy
He will pull out.

He thinks he is the big star and will not take the next stage down in the Glastonbury stages structure.

Rap stage or whatever,Yes ! Get on there mate,and Rap away to your hearts content, but main stage, a definite no for me. If I had a ticket for that day, I would get a refund.

90% of people signing this petition aren't even going to Glasters; when he comes on he'll get a great reception and the festival (and especially not the Eavis family) will not be told what to do from a stupid petition from narrow minded 'music' fans who neither know nor care about the history of the festival.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:53

Naturalust
Over 121,000 people have now signed. I get the feeling this will be a tough gig for Kayne West...........

peace

I wonder what percentage of the people that are actually going would prefer him not there?

ie, if most of the people would not want the headliner, what the heck are they thinking?

But what if it's all just a tempest in a teapot, the complainers are few in number but just really noisy?

Date: March 22, 2015 16:20

treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

I wonder what percentage of the people that are actually going would prefer him not there?

ie, if most of the people would not want the headliner, what the heck are they thinking?

But what if it's all just a tempest in a teapot, the complainers are few in number but just really noisy?

I hope you're right treacles. Put me in the corner of those who think this petition is ridiculous. I hope he doesn't back out and I'm not even a big fan. I only know that my kids love him for his music and so do many, many young people. So what if he's insulted a few other musicians and married a Kardashian? It seems that they have had plenty of performers there who are not rock and roll, why single out Kanye West? Oh, because he's got a big ego and can be an obnoxious media whore. It that's the criteria, then they might as well cancel half the big acts out there.

Date: March 22, 2015 16:26

Yes, it is just a tempest in a teapot...

Emily Eavis on Kanye at Glastonbury: 'Who are these people throwing out threats from behind their screens?'

"Clearly, the petition has given sections of the worldwide media a pretext upon which to hang a negative Kanye story. But I’m told that there were only four more requests for ticket refunds on the day after we announced Kanye’s performance than there had been the previous Tuesday. The overwhelming majority of our 135,000 ticket-holders are clearly not too concerned by that particular two-hour slot on one of the 100 stages at our five-day event."

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 16:28 by latebloomer.

Date: March 22, 2015 16:31

latebloomer
Yes, it is just a tempest in a teapot...

Emily Eavis on Kanye at Glastonbury: 'Who are these people throwing out threats from behind their screens?'

"Clearly, the petition has given sections of the worldwide media a pretext upon which to hang a negative Kanye story. But I’m told that there were only four more requests for ticket refunds on the day after we announced Kanye’s performance than there had been the previous Tuesday. The overwhelming majority of our 135,000 ticket-holders are clearly not too concerned by that particular two-hour slot on one of the 100 stages at our five-day event."

[www.theguardian.com]

and a quote from that article...

Clearly, the petition has given sections of the worldwide media a pretext upon which to hang a negative Kanye story. But I’m told that there were only four more requests for ticket refunds on the day after we announced Kanye’s performance than there had been the previous Tuesday. The overwhelming majority of our 135,000 ticket-holders are clearly not too concerned by that particular two-hour slot on one of the 100 stages at our five-day event.

Date: March 22, 2015 16:33

You beat me to the finish Treacles...I was editing in the quote you posted. smileys with beer

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 22, 2015 16:36

Who is Kanye West and what did he do to to get kicked off the forum? or even the concert?confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 16:39 by Chris Fountain.

Date: March 22, 2015 22:37

latebloomer
So what if he's insulted a few other musicians and married a Kardashian? .

It's all in good fun. Just like I like to see a bully beaten down, I like to see someone like Kayne beaten down for bullying Beck. The fact that we can have a hand in that beat down is empowering in a miniscule but somewhat rewarding way. I, of course, would have preferred to drag him off the stage at the Grammy's.

Will anything change because of it? Probably just making 120,000+ people smile as then hit the send key. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 22, 2015 23:47

To win the crowd over, I'd like to suggest that Yoko Ono joins K for his entire set.
Her wailing would enhance his act, a memorable performance for all.

Re: OT: Over 50,000 people have now signed petition to stop Kanye West from headlining Glastonbury
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 22, 2015 23:59

RomanCandle
bleedingman
RomanCandle
To those who say that rap requires no talent... Don't be presumptuous. It takes talent to rap like this:
video: [m.youtube.com]

Trying to convert people who have zero interest, and are even repulsed (as I am) to rap is shoveling manure against the tide. Obviously people like you enjoy it but those of us who don't most likely won't be won over at this stage of the game.

I'm sorry but I feel like a Jehovah's witness today.

Great comparison! Internet missionaries assaulting their keyboards in an attempt to help others see the light are as welcome as the "Good News!" knock on the door on a hung over Saturday morning.

Date: March 23, 2015 01:33

Naturalust
latebloomer
So what if he's insulted a few other musicians and married a Kardashian? .

It's all in good fun. Just like I like to see a bully beaten down, I like to see someone like Kayne beaten down for bullying Beck. The fact that we can have a hand in that beat down is empowering in a miniscule but somewhat rewarding way. I, of course, would have preferred to drag him off the stage at the Grammy's.

Will anything change because of it? Probably just making 120,000+ people smile as then hit the send key. grinning smiley

peace

Yeah, it's cool NL, I should know better than to post anything before my coffee in the morning.grinning smiley

It doesn't really much matter to me what people want to get riled up about, I just think the whole thing is kinda silly. In any case, I don't think Beck is losing any sleep over what Kanye West thinks of him.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 23, 2015 01:37

latebloomer
I don't think Beck is losing any sleep over what Kanye West thinks of him.

No--plus in any case KW apologized to him, so that all seems like a bit of a storm in a teacup, too.

Date: March 23, 2015 06:02

Aquamarine
latebloomer
I don't think Beck is losing any sleep over what Kanye West thinks of him.

No--plus in any case KW apologized to him, so that all seems like a bit of a storm in a teacup, too.

Tweeted an apology..I would have preferred a public one, on live TV in front of millions, while he looked Beck in the eye and we looked into his eyes...then, like our parents told us, told him..."Please Kayne, say it like you mean it" and made him do it again. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 06:58

I think that everyone is in aggreement with the fact that the man is a complete, and total tool. Even his most loyal fans accept this! As far as his music goes..... it is truly awful. I would not trust the taste of any person over the age of 16 if they said they were a Kanye fan. In fact, I feel very embarrassed for some members of this forum.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 07:01 by strat72.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 23, 2015 08:44

strat72
I would not trust the taste of any person over the age of 16 if they said they were a Kanye fan. In fact, I feel very embarrassed for some members of this forum.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I feel embarrassed for you being embarrassed.

Date: March 23, 2015 09:07

You remind me of critics who called the Beatles and Joy Division "garbage" and didn't take them seriously . Or classical music snobs who think jazz music is awful, jazz music snobs who think jazz is better than rock...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 14:18

Aquamarine
strat72
I would not trust the taste of any person over the age of 16 if they said they were a Kanye fan. In fact, I feel very embarrassed for some members of this forum.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's like when I hear some of my sons friends (Most of whom have well off parents) speak in that laughable, cringeworthy gangsta rap speak! It is so hilarious to listen to, and yet everyone is just to embarrassed to point out how sad they are.

So many fangirls for Kanye West on this, a forum for Stones fans. I guess even The Stones attract people with shitty taste in music. Each to their own though....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 14:22 by strat72.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:44

strat72
Aquamarine
strat72

It's like when I hear some of my sons friends (Most of whom have well off parents) speak in that laughable, cringeworthy gangsta rap speak! It is so hilarious to listen to, and yet everyone is just to embarrassed to point out how sad they are.

So many fangirls for Kanye West on this, a forum for Stones fans. I guess even The Stones attract people with shitty taste in music. Each to their own though....

I'm more surprised that the Stones attract such narrow minded people especially given the bands own broad influences.....but like you said, each to their own.

Date: March 23, 2015 16:23

latebloomer
You beat me to the finish Treacles...I was editing in the quote you posted. smileys with beer

I actually read the article!

Date: March 23, 2015 16:32

I love how people assume that we listen to Kanye to look cool or something, in a "mingle with the riffraff" way. Wake up. The world doesn't revolve around you, seriously.

"So many fangirls for Kanye West on this, a forum for Stones fans. I guess even The Stones attract people with shitty taste in music. Each to their own though...."

If I said "The Stones were crap, even in the 60s-70s" most of you would call me nuts and presumptuous without being accused of "fangirling", right?

Date: March 23, 2015 16:37

RomanCandle
I love how people assume that we listen to Kanye to look cool or something, in a "mingle with the riffraff" way. Wake up. The world doesn't revolve around you, seriously.

"So many fangirls for Kanye West on this, a forum for Stones fans. I guess even The Stones attract people with shitty taste in music. Each to their own though...."

If I said "The Stones were crap, even in the 60s-70s" most of you would call me nuts and presumptuous without being accused of "fangirling", right?

I think the better example would be if you went stark raving mad for A Bigger Bang and the rest of us hated it, and we called you a fangirl.

I think your example argues the opposite of that...no?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home