Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith in NYC, March 18
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 21, 2015 00:32

2120Wolf
bye bye johnny
Same place, different leather...

Looks Like a Fashion Ad or the 2015 version of the Marlboro Man !!!

Don't ya see...he's moon-walkin'. Where d'ya think the king of pop got his moves from? Michael Jackson ain't got nothin' on this guy.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:09

strat72
As someone who has lived in both New York and California..... I know were I would rather be, cold or no cold!

Hey Strat...whatever works for you...As you may be aware of all major cities are pretty much the same now, all processed up by the corporations, If I blindfolded you and brought you to unfamiliar territory you would not even know where you were at...it is all Starbuxed, so for me it comes down to the weather and good places to eat...

NY...Yes Great in the Summer just like Chicago, but in the winter you could have either S@$% Hole...You know Keith ain't hanging there all of Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar...
Winter time give me SF-Northern Cal, New Orleans, South Florida, or the Islands....
Summertime...Who F'ing cares....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 21, 2015 01:21

shadooby
2120Wolf
bye bye johnny
Same place, different leather...

Looks Like a Fashion Ad or the 2015 version of the Marlboro Man !!!

Don't ya see...he's moon-walkin'. Where d'ya think the king of pop got his moves from? Michael Jackson ain't got nothin' on this guy.

Keith is holding an invisible I-phone.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 21, 2015 02:03

It looks like Keith will be playing Secret Squirrel in the upcoming Movie !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 02:12 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 05:30

With the advent of Champix or Chantix whichever spelling you prefer your just being silly to not stop smoking these days. The pill program practically quarrantes making quitting easy so why not use the technology available today? Cigarretts cost about $16.00 a pack in Canada now so why in the hell does anybody still smoke?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 06:35

Keith can afford it. That's why ticket prices are so high.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 21, 2015 12:10

rob51
With the advent of Champix or Chantix whichever spelling you prefer your just being silly to not stop smoking these days. The pill program practically quarrantes making quitting easy so why not use the technology available today? Cigarretts cost about $16.00 a pack in Canada now so why in the hell does anybody still smoke?

Oh yeah, sign me up for another product from Big Pharm with side effects like suicidal tendencies, nausea, insomnia and nightmares. eye rolling smiley Technology isn't always a good thing....just look what it did to music in the 80's. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 21, 2015 17:00

Agreed Naturalust. just got out of hospital allergic reaction to LISINOPRIL blood pressure drug. now I am not taking anything. and I am feeling 200% better. less is more. The captain looks good. doesn't he? touche. everyone has different regimen that suits them.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 21, 2015 18:56

TeddyB1018

Damn straight he can afford cancer. He has enough money to get the best of the best medical care. Maybe get a Chinese or Indian lungs transplants smiling smiley Get blood transfusions every day

Date: March 21, 2015 19:00

The long leather duster was too hot so he put on this. I'll bet he has accumulated 100 leather coats and jackets by now. So Keith wakes up in Connecticut and says, "Great sunny day to visit NY and see Theodora. Which leather coat should I wear?" The hardest part of the day is figuring out which one to wear.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 21, 2015 19:11

triceratops
TeddyB1018

Damn straight he can afford cancer. He has enough money to get the best of the best medical care. Maybe get a Chinese or Indian lungs transplants smiling smiley Get blood transfusions every day

On a serious note,it was cancer which killed Steve Jobs and financially he could have bought KR a hundred times over.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 21, 2015 19:16

triceratops

The long leather duster was too hot so he put on this. I'll bet he has accumulated 100 leather coats and jackets by now. So Keith wakes up in Connecticut and says, "Great sunny day to visit NY and see Theodora. Which leather coat should I wear?" The hardest part of the day is figuring out which one to wear.

By using the link in post #1 and then scrolling down a few pics you will recognize
that he was wearing the jacket already under the long duster.

Date: March 21, 2015 19:40

jlowe
triceratops
TeddyB1018

On a serious note,it was cancer which killed Steve Jobs and financially he could have bought KR a hundred times over.

Steve Jobs took many treatments. Some conventional, aome alternative, some exotic hi-tech medical. My opinion is he could have beat it if he had hit the right treatment in a timely fashion. There was a cure for what he had which was a rare form of pancreatic cancer. A cure especially for those w unlimited funds. Steve Jobs did not get matched up with that cure soon enough. My opinion of course.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 21, 2015 20:49

So you could have cured Steve Jobs's cancer, despite all the many treatments he sought as you said, but instead you're hanging out on the Stones'board. Why didn't you tell him???

Date: March 21, 2015 22:14

triceratops

Actually Keith and Pattie own a property in NYC, so maybe could have walked? Or not.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:37

Keith is one of those people who, being very cool, make smoking look cool. As an adolescent, I tried cigarettes in my misguided and ultimately futile attempt to be as cool as Keith. Fortunately they made me violently ill and I soon abandoned them, although I would sometimes put an unlit ciggie in my mouth when I played gigs (with my Dan Armstrong plexi, natch).

If Keith quit smoking, he'd probably get hit by a tobacco truck or something (God forbid). It's just surprising that he still indulges, considering Charlie's and Patti's close calls. Also, a few years ago Ronnie was apparently diagnosed with emphysema and told he'd die in a year if he didn't quit smoking. Obviously he didn't and he looks great so there you go.

"It's a sturdy frame, this." - Keith Richards

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:27

Rokyfan
So you could have cured Steve Jobs's cancer, despite all the many treatments he sought as you said, but instead you're hanging out on the Stones'board. Why didn't you tell him???

Steve Jobs didn't seek early treatment when he learned about his illness, until there was no way back.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:06

triceratops
The hardest part of the day is figuring out which one to wear.

You kidding? With all those girls around I'm sure he just wears whatever Patty or the girls or Jane Rose pick out for him. Although he must like purple pants....there is story from long ago about him wearing them, but Anita probably picked 'em out, in fact they were probably her pants.

peace

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:42

Steve Jobs was a fruitarian. At first he thought he could cure his cancer by eating only fruit. Why do you think he named the company Apple?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:51

chatoyancy
Steve Jobs was a fruitarian. At first he thought he could cure his cancer by eating only fruit. Why do you think he named the company Apple?

At least he wasn't a breatharian, like Dick Gregory. People can be so nutty.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:03

bleedingman
Keith is one of those people who, being very cool, make smoking look cool. As an adolescent, I tried cigarettes in my misguided and ultimately futile attempt to be as cool as Keith. Fortunately they made me violently ill and I soon abandoned them, although I would sometimes put an unlit ciggie in my mouth when I played gigs (with my Dan Armstrong plexi, natch).

If Keith quit smoking, he'd probably get hit by a tobacco truck or something (God forbid). It's just surprising that he still indulges, considering Charlie's and Patti's close calls. Also, a few years ago Ronnie was apparently diagnosed with emphysema and told he'd die in a year if he didn't quit smoking. Obviously he didn't and he looks great so there you go.

"It's a sturdy frame, this." - Keith Richards

Seriously? That's not good. If he actually has it and it just hasn't hit him hard yet he's in for a very not nice time. It' ultimately what got Johnny Carson.

EDIT, ok just did a little research, Ronnie is NOT diagnosed with emphysema (see how rumours start!)...read this article, from 2004 where it said Dr.'s told him to quit because he could get emphysema and if he did he'd have a year.

[www.music-news.com]

Anyway, it's 2015 so we know he's ok for the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 03:14 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 22, 2015 03:39

Rokyfan

Why didn't you?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2015 09:26

Bruce Willis' 60th Birthday - NY 21 March 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 22, 2015 11:17

treaclefingers
EDIT, ok just did a little research, Ronnie is NOT diagnosed with emphysema (see how rumours start!)...
read this article, from 2004 where it said Dr.'s told him to quit because he could get emphysema and if he did he'd have a year.

[www.music-news.com]

That's not how emphysema operates anyway - one doesn't die within a year of getting it.

All kinds of blessings and well-being on all the Rolling Stones.

Date: March 22, 2015 11:59

Whenever I see photos of Keith off stage, these days, it always reminds me of the old Randy Newman song:

"You can keep your hat on"

Re: Keith in NYC, March 21
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:29

Bruce Willis' 60th birthday party at Harlow:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 14:37

with sssoul
treaclefingers
EDIT, ok just did a little research, Ronnie is NOT diagnosed with emphysema (see how rumours start!)...
read this article, from 2004 where it said Dr.'s told him to quit because he could get emphysema and if he did he'd have a year.

[www.music-news.com]

That's not how emphysema operates anyway - one doesn't die within a year of getting it.

All kinds of blessings and well-being on all the Rolling Stones.

thumbs up

Re: Keith in NYC, March 18 & 21
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 22, 2015 17:06

Good grief, so much blahsperation about his smoking when y'all should be ripping him to shreds for those horrific awful terrible horrible ridiculous shoes.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 22, 2015 18:33

I thought talking about Keith's clothes was considered too trivial .....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2015 20:09

GasLightStreet
Good grief, so much blahsperation about his smoking when y'all should be ripping him to shreds for those horrific awful terrible horrible ridiculous shoes.

He's been wearing them (or that colour, anyway) for several years now. Probably a lost cause.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home