Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith in NYC March 18 & 21 - Bruce Willis birthday party and more
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:41

At Sant Ambroeus in the West Village:

With Theodora

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 14:50 by bv.

Re: Keith in NYC, March 18
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:46

Love that he's still unapologetically smoking cigarettes. It's like, "I'm 70 goddamn years old if I get cancer so bloody what. Oh, and bleep you pc do gooders".

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:53

jazzbass
Love that he's still unapologetically smoking cigarettes. It's like, "I'm 70 goddamn years old if I get cancer so bloody what. Oh, and bleep you pc do gooders".

True for him, but it's a shame Theodora is hooked as well. Smoking is not kind to women and, with the family history on Patti's side, she is especially vulnerable. Throw it out, Theo!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:55

I don't find smoking charming. Lung cancer is a terrible drawn out death. Without being assaulted for being pc I feel obliged to write, I wish he'd quit. There are plenty of studies that point to facts that quitting even as late as 70 could improve ones life and life span. He's got rooms full of money, a beautiful life, everything! If I met him again I wouldn't be afraid to confront him on the subject, it would be from the heart maybe he'd be touched or maybe he'd pound me over the head. Either way it would be a good story and I doubt it would hurt that badly if he clobbered me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 02:57 by DoomandGloom.

Date: March 19, 2015 02:57

I'll back you up, Doom. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 02:57

Lookin good .... fanks johnny

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:03

latebloomer

Adding to the back up here. Tobacco is a killer in lots of ways.

ol Keith just soldiers on...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:05

DoomandGloom
I don't find smoking charming. Lung cancer is a terrible drawn out death. Without being assaulted for being pc I feel obliged to write, I wish he'd quit. There are plenty of studies that point to facts that quitting even as late as 70 could improve ones life and life span. He's got rooms full of money, a beautiful life, everything! If I met him again I wouldn't be afraid to confront him on the subject, it would be from the heart maybe he'd be touched or maybe he'd pound me over the head. Either way it would be a good story and I doubt it would hurt that badly if he clobbered me...

Is there anything posted here you don't attack and find a negative about?

Good Lawd.
Let the man smoke and let people like that about him...

Date: March 19, 2015 03:08

duke richardson
latebloomer

He looks really good here which is all the more reason to go the distance. His hands look healthier as well, he's back to wearing rings I see.

Date: March 19, 2015 03:13

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
latebloomer

He looks really good here which is all the more reason to go the distance. His hands look healthier as well, he's back to wearing rings I see.

Yes, he does look great, and it was obvious from your post that you wrote out of concern. But, he's a long time smoker and old habits do die hard. Plus, by all accounts, he's a stubborn old cuss. cool smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:14

Why the F@#$ would you want to stand around in the cold all F&$@%^$ bundled up.
Hit your island paradise or come out here to sunny Cal.
Makes no sense to me, I got a fraction of Keiths wealth and will not put up with the cold. (Lived in Chicago most of my life).
Get out of the cold Keith and stay healthy....enjoy the smoke.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:23

He does look good..

Out with his daughter, posing (most likely several paparazzi around) before the driver came..

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:29

I don't smoke and lament that both my wife and son do. I quit just about 1 year ago and am so happy I did. (Although, I dispute how much better one feels after quitting, I feel no different).

However, the spirit of my post wasn't to promote smoking or anything other than, that smoking IS Keith. Used to be in America one could enjoy a smoke in any restaurant, airplane, on the job, etc, and I appreciate seeing someone hang on to something they enjoy despite its danger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 03:29 by jazzbass.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:39

All this 21st century anti-smoking hysteria. Did you know that in recent years there have been several medical studies and reports indicating that smoking actually helps to protect against the onset of such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's?

Besides, at least he already quit heroin, cocaine, and lately even excessive drinking. So what, if he's kept a relatively harmless vice? Smoking only breaks your system if you do it morning, noon, and night, like any other vice.

However, it isn't really the nicotine that'll get you--it's all those hundreds of chemicals that Marlboro puts in their cigarettes. He really should switch to organic tobacco. If you're going to smoke, you may as well be healthy about it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 03:41

Better not change any of Keith's habits now, whatever he's doing it seems to be working.

Wondering if Dad picked up the bill on the shopping spree with Theodora? He could certainly give her a lesson in cool fashion from what I see.

peace

Date: March 19, 2015 03:49

Same place, different leather...

Date: March 19, 2015 03:50

stonehearted
All this 21st century anti-smoking hysteria. Did you know that in recent years there have been several medical studies and reports indicating that smoking actually helps to protect against the onset of such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's?

Besides, at least he already quit heroin, cocaine, and lately even excessive drinking. So what, if he's kept a relatively harmless vice? Smoking only breaks your system if you do it morning, noon, and night, like any other vice.

However, it isn't really the nicotine that'll get you--it's all those hundreds of chemicals that Marlboro puts in their cigarettes. He really should switch to organic tobacco. If you're going to smoke, you may as well be healthy about it.
In y own personal lab I've concluded that heroin and coke are not nearly as tough on the body as cigarettes. While I write that with a touch of sarcasm deep down I really do believe it. As far as organic tobacco you hit the nail on the head. He can afford the best but that deadly red pack gets to be a part of people's identity. Big tobacco is even a better marketer than The Stones.

Date: March 19, 2015 03:53

bye bye johnny
Same place, different leather...

Looks Like a Fashion Ad or the 2015 version of the Marlboro Man !!!

Date: March 19, 2015 03:59

2120Wolf

Clearly not an anti-littering campaign... ;-)

Date: March 19, 2015 04:11

bye bye johnny
2120Wolf

Clearly The New Marlboro Man !!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:12

2120Wolf
Why the F@#$ would you want to stand around in the cold all F&$@%^$ bundled up.
Hit your island paradise or come out here to sunny Cal.
Makes no sense to me, I got a fraction of Keiths wealth and will not put up with the cold. (Lived in Chicago most of my life).
Get out of the cold Keith and stay healthy....enjoy the smoke.

A few days ago, Keith was on his way to Dubai with Mick for a short holiday to get some sun, but someone in Mick's entourage (maybe even Mick himself, but that's just speculation) caused the plane returned to London. Otherwise, he'd not be standing out in the cold. This also may be why the tour announcement was delayed.

[www.barstoolsports.com]

Date: March 19, 2015 04:16

<<heroin and coke are not nearly as tough on the body as cigarettes.>>

I don't mean to sound argumentative, but in the last 15 or 20 years, while behavior controllers have been busy ridding public places and work environments of cigarette smoke and discouraging social smoking, inflammatory diseases including cancer have been drastically on the rise and male fertility has dropped alarmingly--it seems that smoking has not been the number one health threat after all.

I'll take my organic foods/tobacco lifestyle over the GMO and other chemically laced foods currently infesting U.S. supermarkets like the plague--and I'll smoke to my good health while all the non-smokers with their non-alcoholic fatty liver disease eat their way to an early death.smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:19

bye bye johnny
2120Wolf

Keith is directing traffic

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:29

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
2120Wolf

Keith is directing traffic

"Give a hoot, don't pollute"!

-Woodsy Owl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 04:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:14

From stonehearted: "Did you know that in recent years there have been several medical studies and reports indicating that smoking actually helps to protect against the onset of such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's?"

So, where can I find these studies? My best friend suffers from Parkinson's. If smoking f*ckin helps Parkinson's sufferers, I'll bring him a whole tractor trailer full of smokes.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:21

As its clearly set up for the press, he is acting the 'Keith Richards the Rock Star' act, so there's the cigarette, the skull ring, the 'I don't give a fvck' attitude.

After all he is in the entertainment business.

Mathijs

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 19, 2015 05:29

Maybe he doesn't inhale, much like Bill C. cool smiley

Date: March 19, 2015 05:37

dmay
From stonehearted: "Did you know that in recent years there have been several medical studies and reports indicating that smoking actually helps to protect against the onset of such diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's?"

So, where can I find these studies? My best friend suffers from Parkinson's. If smoking f*ckin helps Parkinson's sufferers, I'll bring him a whole tractor trailer full of smokes.

Here's one that explains how the potential benefits of nicotine might help reduce the risk of Parkinson's: [www.medscape.com]

Here's another on how long-time smokers (40 years) have a 46% reduced risk of developing Parkinson's: [www.aan.com]

You may want to have a coffee with that cigarette when you read this: [www.newscientist.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 05:43 by stonehearted.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: March 19, 2015 06:02

stonehearted
Here's another on how long-time smokers (40 years) have a 46% reduced risk of developing Parkinson's

I've seen these studies, but it's not exactly an excuse to smoke. You might want to consider that the overall risk of early death attributed to smoking outweighs any of that. COPD, lung (and other) cancer(s), heart disease, etc.

I used to smoke, but I couldn't imagine going around now with my clothes stinking up the room.

Of course Keith gets a pass on all this.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 19, 2015 09:26

March 18th is Theo's birthday. Were they doing lunch as part of the celebrations?

And what am I missing in the "directing traffic" photo - why are people saying he's littering?
(Pass the caffeine while you're at it.) Thanks for posting the photos - he looks well indeed.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home