Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...179180181182183184185186187188189...LastNext
Current Page: 184 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 6, 2016 11:28

DoomandGloom
Wood's comments about MT's instability are the biggest discrace in a long time in Stones land.

What were the comments Wood made?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2016 12:07

terraplane
DoomandGloom
Wood's comments about MT's instability are the biggest discrace in a long time in Stones land.

What were the comments Wood made?

I guess Wood had his instability problems as well (only the last few years has been better). His advantage has been friendship with Keith. :-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2016 12:36

DoomandGloom
If indeed he took a full payout when he left then that chunk of money really had to sting the band at the time when they were struggling personally. There is probably some resentment since they had to pay out when they were vulnerable. Taylor it appears expected the whole thing to collapse when he quit

That's Nick Kent theory : he followed the band in 73-74 and he witnessed the Dec. 1974 debacle. Acc. to him MT was absolutely sure the band would collapse soon and he chose to scram before the "Titanic" sank.

MT probably thought it very machiavellian and clever to leave an empty shell of a band to join a "hot" new super-group project, that is the Jack Bruce band.

Date: April 6, 2016 12:56

dcba
DoomandGloom
If indeed he took a full payout when he left then that chunk of money really had to sting the band at the time when they were struggling personally. There is probably some resentment since they had to pay out when they were vulnerable. Taylor it appears expected the whole thing to collapse when he quit

That's Nick Kent theory : he followed the band in 73-74 and he witnessed the Dec. 1974 debacle. Acc. to him MT was absolutely sure the band would collapse soon and he chose to scram before the "Titanic" sank.

MT probably thought it very machiavellian and clever to leave an empty shell of a band to join a "hot" new super-group project, that is the Jack Bruce band.
MT had not done good enough "due dilligence" on JB's personality. winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 6, 2016 12:59

That is very credible why Mick Taylor left way back then.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 6, 2016 13:22

Olly
Why is there an assumption that someone other than Taylor is posting? What evidence is this view based on?

Which Team of Marketing Consultants and Administration Assistants do people think Mick Taylor, with his 11,302 Facebook likes, has at his disposal?

It is logical to assume Taylor runs the page himself, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Because in some of "his" answers he refers to Mick Taylor in the third person singular ( "him" instead of "me" ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 14:58 by matxil.

Date: April 6, 2016 13:27

matxil
Olly
Why is there an assumption that someone other than Taylor is posting? What evidence is this view based on?

Which Team of Marketing Consultants and Administration Assistants do people think Mick Taylor, with his 11,302 Facebook likes, has at his disposal?

It is logical to assume Taylor runs the page himself, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Because in some of "his" answers he refers to Mick Taylor in the third person singular ("him" instead of "me").
I neither think that Mick Taylor has been sitting and put "like" on all comments, which has been done for most comments. MT is good on guitar, but I doubt he is a computer virtuoso.

Date: April 6, 2016 13:49

has MT ever had some sound advisor?

Is this behaviour the best way of approaching?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:01

MT is a pleasant person to chat with, and a gifted guitarist.
For business, I do not know how and by whom he is managed/represented.

I can't believe a real manager would NOT have taken contact with his former colleagues months ago to discuss his participation to the expo and to find out a way to "use" the buzz around the expo to boost MT's notoriety/business/income

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:16

Doc
MT is a pleasant person to chat with, and a gifted guitarist.
For business, I do not know how and by whom he is managed/represented.

I can't believe a real manager would NOT have taken contact with his former colleagues months ago to discuss his participation to the expo and to find out a way to "use" the buzz around the expo to boost MT's notoriety/business/income

thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:24

dcba
DoomandGloom

Great choice, he left a group which was #2 on the U.S albums chart that full month (or #1 late November 1974) a single charting on the Top 20, new album sessions around the corner and a big tour too. The worst move ever made by anyone.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:33

emotionalbarbecue

What's wrong with his sound?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:04

Koen
emotionalbarbecue

A misunderstanding of the use of English I think. He means has MT ever been given decent advice. Sometimes 'sound' can be used to mean good/decent.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:18

Munichhilton
He's always got his energetic outgoing personality to fall back on...

you're a cruel bastard!

Date: April 6, 2016 17:32

georgelicks

Great choice, he left a group which was #2 on the U.S albums chart that full month (or #1 late November 1974) a single charting on the Top 20, new album sessions around the corner and a big tour too. The worst move ever made by anyone.

In the 80's MT tried to justify his departure from the Stones with the "I needed to get away from the drug culture among the band" excuse.

But :
- CW and Bill proved you could be a Stones and be "clean"
- why leave the Stones to join a band led by a heroin addict (Jack Bruce)?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:40

rebelrebel
Koen
emotionalbarbecue

A misunderstanding of the use of English I think. He means has MT ever been given decent advice. Sometimes 'sound' can be used to mean good/decent.

I knew that smoking smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:44

Taylor is pissed because the thought he stood a chance of once again being a permanent member of the Rolling Stones...As a fan I would love to see it, but i doubt that at any time did Jagger ever promise him he was back for good.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:51

Haughty MT tried in vain to team up with Mick and get Keith out of the Stones. He tried everything to damage the Glimmer´s friendship and tried to take over songwriter-partnership. He wanted to take over and establish himself as the driving force artistically. As he realized that his plans wouldnt work he left the group because he lived in fear of Keith´s revenge.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:35

Now we flash forward to 2016... Would not a new Stones "blues" album benefit from an actual lead guitarist who was featured in The Bluesbreakers? I anticipate the new album greatly but if the showcase solos are played by Gary Clarke, John Mayer or Eric Clapton instead of MT, it is the fan of classic Stones that loses out. It would have been.nice if they had settled this in 2012 instead but rumors that have Taylor in hotel room confinement, his body language pleas to play more songs and the back to square one relationship they've scattered to once again pretty much ended the possibilities. Suddenly. Bill is the good guy, Here's to his full recovery and a few guest spots for The European audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 18:38 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:35

HMS
Haughty MT tried in vain to team up with Mick and get Keith out of the Stones. He tried everything to damage the Glimmer´s friendship and tried to take over songwriter-partnership. He wanted to take over and establish himself as the driving force artistically. As he realized that his plans wouldnt work he left the group because he lived in fear of Keith´s revenge.

Total conjecture.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:53

DoomandGloom
Now we flash forward to 2016... Would not a new Stones "blues" album benefit from an actual lead guitarist who was featured in The Bluesbreakers? I anticipate the new album greatly but if the showcase solos are played by Gary Clarke, John Mayer or Eric Clapton instead of MT, it is the fan of classic Stones that loses out. It would have been.nice if they had settled this in 2012 instead but rumors that have Taylor in hotel room confinement, his body language pleas to play more songs and the back to square one relationship they've scattered to once again pretty much ended the possibilities. Suddenly. Bill is the good guy, Here's to his full recovery and a few guest spots for The European audience.

Hotel confinement? Haven't heard that one, what is the reason why he was confined?

Also, Bill and the Stones seem to be on good terms again. I was told by one of the Exhibitionism managers that Bill really enjoyed himself at the party and especially the studio reconstruction. But you will never see Bill on stage with the Stones again so there will be no guest spots.

For one thing I know from speaking to someone who knows someone in the Rhythm Kings crew he will only play a limited number of gigs from now on. He found the last Rhythm Kings tour in 2014 very tiring with all the traveling and he no longer wants to be too far away from home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 18:59 by Rollin92.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 6, 2016 19:08

Regarding Bill. The reality of the mortality of someone you love changes people's perspective. The Stones are family people, I believe his last appearance left everyone hollow.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 6, 2016 20:05

dcba
georgelicks

In the 80's MT tried to justify his departure from the Stones with the "I needed to get away from the drug culture among the band" excuse.

But :
- CW and Bill proved you could be a Stones and be "clean"
- why leave the Stones to join a band led by a heroin addict (Jack Bruce)?

Charlie Watts admitted to being addicted to heroin during the 70s.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 20:08

Ross
HMS

Total conjecture.

More like total bollocks! As per usual....

Date: April 6, 2016 20:09

boogaloojef

No no it was around 83-85. That's one of the main reasons why Mick refused to tour behind DW.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 6, 2016 20:17

it's actually worse than you think.....Taylor had a chance to join Bad Company when he left the stones.

that might not seem like a big deal now in 2016 but Badco were THE bigtime new band in 74.they were the first band to sign on swansong and their debut was huge,they went on to have a great career through the 70's.even keith said "nobody wanted to work this year so Bad Company walked away with everything"

they were a damn good band too,the reincarnation of the old Free.if Taylor had joined them....i know he did it to himself but..damn

Date: April 6, 2016 20:41

lem motlow
it's actually worse than you think.....Taylor had a chance to join Bad Company when he left the stones.

that might not seem like a big deal now in 2016 but Badco were THE bigtime new band in 74.they were the first band to sign on swansong and their debut was huge,they went on to have a great career through the 70's.even keith said "nobody wanted to work this year so Bad Company walked away with everything"

they were a damn good band too,the reincarnation of the old Free.if Taylor had joined them....i know he did it to himself but..damn

Actually Free wanted him to tour with them but he declined so they got Wendell Richardson instead.

Date: April 6, 2016 20:42

dcba
boogaloojef

No no it was around 83-85. That's one of the main reasons why Mick refused to tour behind DW.

[www.drummagazine.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 6, 2016 21:16

boogaloojef
lem motlow

Actually Free wanted him to tour with them but he declined so they got Wendell Richardson instead.

that was probably early on,when Paul kasoff died no?i know that late 73/ early 74 Paul Rogers and Simon Kirke met with him and they were putting BadcCo together but he declined because he was still in the Stones.
as you know They ended up getting Mott the Hoople guitarist Mick Ralphs instead and the rest is history-a multi million record selling,successfully touring the world history for them.
Taylor he goes and quits the Stones a few months later anyway and makes a band with Jack Bruce that fell apart after a year.
it's like the rock landing on wil e. coyote after he after he falls off the cliff..

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 6, 2016 21:50

I received a "personal" reply from Mick today. I'll never wash my computer screen again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...179180181182183184185186187188189...LastNext
Current Page: 184 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home