Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Berlin 1973, October 19 - even better than Brussels first show
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 12, 2015 12:23

Just to note: although Antwerp is a very difficult show to listen to, it surely is a fantastic one, right on par with Brussels 1st and Berlin.

Mathijs

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 12, 2015 12:36

CaptainCorella
(I also remember, but ought to check the date, that it was the same time as Nixon's Night of the Long Knives in the Watergate scandal. Can't check. Books all in boxes).

Seems like you're right. I can't find the "night of the long knives" phrase in conjunction with the watergate scandal, but this seems to be it, from Wikipedia:

On October 20, 1973, after Cox refused to drop the subpoena, Nixon demanded the resignations of attorney general Richardson and his deputy William Ruckelshaus for refusing to fire the special prosecutor. ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 12:37 by LieB.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 12, 2015 13:35

kleermaker
How many people did listen to the last show of the European 1973 tour? Though the audio quality of course isn't as good as the Brussels official and Brussels bootleg, it's even a better show than Brussels first, October 17. Some novelties that are more than worth a listen.

Thanks for posting Kleermaker. Taylor's sound never ceases to amaze me. What a band they were, those were the days. smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 12, 2015 13:49

An amazing show! Thanks Kleerie for bringing it up - I haven't listened it for years.

So the last show of the legendary Taylor era... a way to go indeed!

Taylor is on fire, for sure, but Keith's in a great form as well. I especially like the way he storms the "Dancing With Mr. D" riff - sounding much more better, dangerous and threatening as he does in the original. Never been a fan of that song, but here it smokes!

- Doxa

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 12, 2015 17:55

Thanks for posting- The Berlin 73 sounds great and dark, it belongs tot the top.
I got it on a cassete tape for my next bike ridinggrinning smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 12, 2015 20:36

LieB
CaptainCorella
(I also remember, but ought to check the date, that it was the same time as Nixon's Night of the Long Knives in the Watergate scandal. Can't check. Books all in boxes).

Seems like you're right. I can't find the "night of the long knives" phrase in conjunction with the watergate scandal, but this seems to be it, from Wikipedia:

On October 20, 1973, after Cox refused to drop the subpoena, Nixon demanded the resignations of attorney general Richardson and his deputy William Ruckelshaus for refusing to fire the special prosecutor. ...

Some hope for me after all after recalling that one! My memory tells me that we were driving around Berlin (at the time an off-scale wierd place IMHO) listening to the news on the car radio in total disbelief at what Nixon was doing.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 13, 2015 04:24

Pity they didn't record such a show with the mobile. As far as I remember after recording the 3 Essen dates the mobile drove back to England, maybe going through Holland/Belgium. But unfortunately it wasn't planned to go to last gig Berlin.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:17

CousinC
Pity they didn't record such a show with the mobile. As far as I remember after recording the 3 Essen dates the mobile drove back to England, maybe going through Holland/Belgium. But unfortunately it wasn't planned to go to last gig Berlin.

All gigs from Rotterdam on where recorded with the mobile.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:21

Mathijs

All gigs from Rotterdam on were recorded with the mobile.

Mathijs

Damn the Stones need a Dick Latvala kind of guy who'd dig deep in the band's vaults and give us multiple shows from a single tour.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 13, 2015 13:00

I think I still have a confetti from the Licks tour ... put it in the 40 licks box ... I'm part of da klub man !!

I'm listenning to YCAGWYW, the jam part is very good !
thank for sharing

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:30

dcba
Damn the Stones need a Dick Latvala kind of guy who'd dig deep in the band's vaults and give us multiple shows from a single tour.

Indeed! That's on top of my wish list (apart from seeing the Stones go on and on as a working entity, as long as they don't embarrass themselvels), getting tons of great '63-'82 shows in perfect quality (with emphasis on the '69-'73 era).

Date: March 13, 2015 20:24

Mathijs
All gigs from Rotterdam on where recorded with the mobile.

Mathijs

Yeah, after Essen we know they went to R'dam and of course Brussel/Antw..But are you shure about Berlin?

Date: March 13, 2015 23:34

Listening to the official Brussels on vinyl now. Loud! Sounds fantastic thumbs up

Posted by: Nirex ()
Date: April 12, 2015 07:44

I prefer BIRMINGHAM!!
THE GREATEST R & R LIVE BAND IN THE WORLD!!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 12, 2015 21:23

Mathijs, I would still like to know whether you're shure about the Mobile in Berlin?

Cause during the 3 day Essen recordings McKenna and Stewart were talking about driving it back to Enland.Even the now famous Brussel seemed not sure, but they wanted a (radio) concert "for the frenchies".So going back through Benelux countries.
However I think last stop Berlin was not on the cards. At least always thought so. Do you have other informations?

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 13, 2015 10:17

Nirex
I prefer BIRMINGHAM!!

I too prefer Birmingham. Would love a soundboard to hear MT's deep unique wahh wahh at the end of Gimme Shelter:

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 13, 2015 13:07

dcba
Mathijs

All gigs from Rotterdam on were recorded with the mobile.

Mathijs

I can be the Dick Latvala kind of the guy the Stones are looking for!! Problem solved...lol

Date: April 13, 2015 16:07

muffie
Nirex
I prefer BIRMINGHAM!!

I too prefer Birmingham. Would love a soundboard to hear MT's deep unique wahh wahh at the end of Gimme Shelter:

Hi muffie,

Thanks.
The second my prefer London first show.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFm0ZI8R6eU[/video]

I love MT's wahh wahh solo of it in Perth, TOO.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzuDBBlTEw

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:40

petition for a release

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 16, 2015 18:17

muffie
Nirex
I prefer BIRMINGHAM!!

Birmingham is indeed very good too, in a more raw way than the Berlin show. I would love to have both. Birmingham is wild and musically great at the same time. One of the best I think.

Birmingham and Berlin, it would be unbelievable to have both in great audio.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:08

kleermaker
Rank Stranger
Erik_Snow
Does people here remember Macman; a poster here? He was a real gentleman, but was in a fatal accident 2 years ago. Berlin 1973 was always his favourite show - and he had heard them all.

Yes, I remember him. A great guy always willing to share stuff. Was a real big Faces fan.
Have just put Captain Acid's remaster for the Berlin show into the cd-player...

Rank, do you know if this Captain Acid Remaster is available/downloadable somewhere? I couldn't find it here by searching.

The link is in my message over on ELL!

You should visit us there more often!cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 28, 2015 17:30

Rank Stranger
kleermaker
Rank Stranger
Erik_Snow
Does people here remember Macman; a poster here? He was a real gentleman, but was in a fatal accident 2 years ago. Berlin 1973 was always his favourite show - and he had heard them all.

Yes, I remember him. A great guy always willing to share stuff. Was a real big Faces fan.
Have just put Captain Acid's remaster for the Berlin show into the cd-player...

Rank, do you know if this Captain Acid Remaster is available/downloadable somewhere? I couldn't find it here by searching.

The link is in my message over on ELL!

You should visit us there more often!cool smiley

Okay thanks, but I always forget my passwords smiling smiley

Date: May 3, 2015 07:10

kleermaker
muffie
Nirex
I prefer BIRMINGHAM!!

Birmingham is indeed very good too, in a more raw way than the Berlin show. I would love to have both. Birmingham is wild and musically great at the same time. One of the best I think.

Birmingham and Berlin, it would be unbelievable to have both in great audio.

Birmingham is more powerful & vigorous performance than Berlin becanse in the middle of tour! Especially Jaggers singing!!

Berlin is the final shape in taylor era.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home