Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith's Hair
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 9, 2015 05:45

To be honest, a man or woman should be judged by their manners or actions as opposed to their appearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 05:46 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 9, 2015 06:11

Chris Fountain
To be honest, a man or woman should be judged by their manners or actions as opposed to their appearance.

Sure, sure - but Keith did have incredibly kickass hair, which should be celebrated. He also looked great shirtless, which should also be celebrated...repeatedly...

Hubba Hubba!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I first saw this shot on the Rocks Off Superblow thread (p 76, posted by Irina). It’s Credited as follows: "Concept: A. Powell / S. Thorgerson. Photography: A. Powell". Guess it took 2 people to figure out that shooting a half nudie Keef was a good idea?confused smiley

The full shot goes a bit lower, showing a glimpse of white undies. There is also a similar shot of Mick in his skivvies.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 9, 2015 09:09

Thank you Plink! For the credits and the judicious reposting :E

Date: March 9, 2015 09:19

Aha: That would be Aubrey "Po" Powell & Storm Thorgerson, 1973.
[www.ew.com]

Very nice, very nice indeed

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 9, 2015 09:21

This thread just became even better. smileys with beer

Date: March 9, 2015 09:50

with sssoul
Aha: That would be Aubrey "Po" Powell & Storm Thorgerson, 1973.
[www.ew.com]

Very nice, very nice indeed

Sssoul, your link made me think of a great quote by “Po” Powell that I remember reading within the last year – just searched & found it again @ [www.cnn.com] (under slide 3).

“…Keith Richards opened the door naked to the waist and rather the worse for wear. He was a beautiful young man. He looked like a gypsy hero…”

Pretty much describes Powell's photo of Keith. Here it is, for those who haven't seen it yet grinning smiley:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 09:51 by Plink.

Date: March 9, 2015 10:28

That quote made an impression on me too, Plink - thanks for unearthing it. Here's another:

In 1967 Cecil Beaton encountered Keith, Mick and Brian in Morocco, and although he seemed rather smitten with Mick,
he described Keith as having a "magnificent head and torso". One sees what he means. :E

- Morocco, March 1967: left by Cecil Beaton, while Michael Cooper took the shot on the right

Date: March 9, 2015 11:03

^^^
Thanks, Sssoul, for posting those great classic sans chemise shots of KR in Morocco thumbs up. Sir Cecil was an aesthete par excellence and knew a hottie when he saw one! I can think of no other dude who could rock a jangly ladies necklace like that (and, on topic, the hair looks cool, too). Love this shallow thread!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 9, 2015 11:31

Mmmm yummy nice thread spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 9, 2015 11:53

Don't we all have great hair up to 35? and also look great shirtless...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 9, 2015 13:05

The best hair was at the end of 70s and beginning of 80s. ER to UC

Date: March 9, 2015 13:14

KeithNacho
The best hair was at the end of 70s and beginning of 80s. ER to UC

Or The New Barbarians to Still Life winking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 9, 2015 13:16

Chris Fountain

Hair is (at least until the 90s after the horrible 80s) probably the most important thing to a rock star. Keith was so obsessed he didnt let anyone cut it. Of course he has/had to pretend he doesnt give a damn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 13:18 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 9, 2015 14:20

Redhotcarpet
Chris Fountain

Hair is (at least until the 90s after the horrible 80s) probably the most important thing to a rock star. Keith was so obsessed he didnt let anyone cut it. Of course he has/had to pretend he doesnt give a damn.

Or he couldn't care less and had ace styling people around him smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:56

Chris Fountain

In theory: Yes.
In The Stones: Stu was fired because he didn't look right.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: March 10, 2015 00:30

Plink
^^^
Thanks, Sssoul, for posting those great classic sans chemise shots of KR in Morocco thumbs up. Sir Cecil was an aesthete par excellence and knew a hottie when he saw one! I can think of no other dude who could rock a jangly ladies necklace like that (and, on topic, the hair looks cool, too). Love this shallow thread!

I was just starting to go off IORR a bit and - oh lovely - a deliciously shallow thread! Thank God for that. Many thanks to the poster (sorry forgot name)
Oooh Keith - what a rare exhibit of a man he is!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 10, 2015 00:54

You ladies are cracking me up with your puppy lust.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 20:35 by Naturalust.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:09

Excuse me Mr. Lust, but who invited you here, anyway? This is a serious, scholarly discussion about the relationship of Keith Richard's hair to his rock star persona. Go away. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 10, 2015 01:26

No worries bloomer, just checking to see if you all were awake. winking smiley I'll go find a nice guitar thread to hang out in......sad smiley

peace

Date: March 10, 2015 01:51

You can hang with us NL, no problem. The guitar thread is not real busy right now anyhow...grinning smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 08:31

latebloomer
You can hang with us NL, no problem. The guitar thread is not real busy right now anyhow...grinning smiley

Great haircut! It really suits him and his hair is so glossy healthy and shiny! I must confess I found it a bit hard to remain on topic>grinning smiley<

Date: March 10, 2015 08:59

I feel Keith's best hair tended to coincide with his previous teeth. cool smiley

Date: March 10, 2015 09:30

Naturalust
... here's what's going to show up with the flowers.

Yep! And he makes the world a more beautiful place in myriad ways.

If you really think love dissolves as the gentleman gets older, I am sorry for you, NL. Now back on topic!

- Nellcote 1971, by Dominique Tarle

Date: March 10, 2015 09:54

with sssoul
And he makes the world a more beautiful place in myriad ways.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 10, 2015 18:25

Redhotcarpet
Chris Fountain

Check your facts FFS

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 10, 2015 19:33

Better?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 20:55 by bleedingman.

Date: March 10, 2015 20:28

Yep, that's Keith Richards, bleedingman - still hotter and cooler than ... well, guess who :E
Now run along and make the world a better place - I know you can!

Now back on topic - this was another great look:

- 1969, probably by Eric Hayes

Date: March 10, 2015 20:45

OK I've learned my lesson, don't get in the way of these rabid Keith fans, man. I've done my part and edited my post with sssoul. And FYI, I've got nothing but love for the man, one of my heros, and age and looks have little to do with it. Glad you ladies are still in love with Grandpa Keith, we'll all get there someday, god willing and the creek don't rise.

peace

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 10, 2015 20:55

with sssoul
Yep, that's Keith Richards, bleedingman - still hotter and cooler than ... well, guess who :E

thumbs up
His smile.... Is still sexy

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 10, 2015 21:29

Niek
with sssoul

thumbs up
His smile.... Is still sexy

Yes, and the twinkle in his eye...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home