Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - The Eagles
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 20, 2015 23:09

treaclefingers
they haven't been the same since Christine McVie left.

Funny!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 21, 2015 02:01

The Eagles haven't been the same since they lost Linda Ronstadt as their lead singer.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: February 21, 2015 02:07

Who cares. No relevance buddy

Posted by: ash ()
Date: February 21, 2015 02:17

gripweed
AND... they have brought back Bernie Leadon, original Guitarist... he left the band during the "One of these Nights sessions" (I believe) to be replaced by Joe Walsh... he playes, from what I understand the whole first set... too bad the Stones wouldn't do that with their former lead guitarist...
er, he's dead.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: February 21, 2015 02:20

oh man you meant Mick Taylor. Don't i feel dumb.
Anyway, i love The Eagles. Bristol's finest instro outfit, heavily influenced by The Shadows but evryone in England was until The Beatles oh...er... you're not talking about those The Eagles are you ? Don't i feel dumb.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:26

history of the eagles is a great DOC and highly recommended

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2015 04:04

mtaylor
treaclefingers
they haven't been the same since Christine McVie left.

Didn't know she had been with Eagles

tomato, tomahto.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 21, 2015 10:22

Okay, in my opinion, Joe Walsh is the only surviving musician from Eagles. The rest are bitter and boring. They stroll out on the stage as if the band is there to accept a long overdue academy award.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: February 21, 2015 13:50

melillo
history of the eagles is a great DOC and highly recommended

Agree!! Have seen the documentary a couple of times and really like it. Not a big Eagles fan, but I like some of their music and find their history interesting.

The boys sure can sing, and Joe Walsh is one fine guitarplayer who has lived life like a true rocknroll artist... smiling smiley

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: February 22, 2015 23:09

dmay
Another performer from the Eagles/Southern Cali soft rock genre I came to hate is Jackson Browne. He is one of the few performers whose concert I walked out on because the show was so damned boring, every song sounding alike.

My man! I'll buy you a drink next time I see you.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 22, 2015 23:29

Pietro
dmay
Another performer from the Eagles/Southern Cali soft rock genre I came to hate is Jackson Browne. He is one of the few performers whose concert I walked out on because the show was so damned boring, every song sounding alike.

My man! I'll buy you a drink next time I see you.

To each his own of course but although I've never liked Jackson Browne's records too much, I do think he occasionally writes some great tunes. This is one of them.

peace

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 00:20

swimtothemoon
Okay, in my opinion, Joe Walsh is the only surviving musician from Eagles. The rest are bitter and boring. They stroll out on the stage as if the band is there to accept a long overdue academy award.

Bullseye. He great. Rest = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 23, 2015 22:35

best eagles song ever TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT,lead singer randy meisner

Date: February 23, 2015 22:48

From Pietro re my comment on Jackson Browne - "My man! I'll buy you a drink next time I see you."

I like a good bourbon on the rocks or some high end Remy cognac. We'll remember the good times, the old times, sing sweet blues versions of Stones songs even if they ain't blues songs. We'll croak like Keith. The bourbon and cognac will do that for us. Fellow IORR members are invited to join in.

And re folks doing duets with Ms Bonnie, in line with the post from Naturalust of Ms Bonnie and Mr Browne, this is my one of my faves:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 23, 2015 23:40

dmay

And re folks doing duets with Ms Bonnie, in line with the post from Naturalust of Ms Bonnie and Mr Browne, this is my one of my faves:

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah, I love that one too. Check out Bonnie with Stevie Wonder playing I Wish!

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2015 00:56

Herald Sun -- 24 February 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 24, 2015 01:48

What happened to Bernie's afro !?!

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: February 24, 2015 01:59

Never been a fan, don't own any of their music but it cant be argued they still play and sing their stuff very very well .....consummate professionals but short on real heat......

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2015 02:02

Rockman

Herald Sun -- 24 February 2015

wow...that's just so rock'n'roll.

Date: February 24, 2015 02:49

Oh, yeah. The zzzzzz tour. Don't get your blood excited, your legs moving, your hips shakin', your booty quakin'. We're the Eagles. We define corporate rock and boredom. Besides, you old phartz don't wanna move much anyway. And how much did folks get taken for re tix? Sheet.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 03:46

Like Peaceful Easy Feeling when it came out on their first record. But it became apparent they were incredibly vanilla, corporate rock pretty quickly. Never liked anything by Henley.

Joe Walsh was only there toward the end of their first run, when they had established themselves as the kings of the crap mountain that was 70s bland.

Eagles, Jackson Browne, just boring.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 24, 2015 05:57

I hate the Eagles but I've got to give 'em props for the no-cellphone request(demand?). I hate all the mooks flashing their phones around at concerts more than I hate the Eagles. angry smiley

Date: February 24, 2015 06:07

Refrain from standing, except when told to for Heartache Tonight? Only polite submissives need apply for this audience. peace

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2015 06:16

I'd rather watch paint dry in complete isolation amidst total silence.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 15:50

Wow, talk about joyless.

I like some Eagles songs, but they are so goddamned self-important and snobby. Unbelievable.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: February 24, 2015 16:01

The mentioned documentary about the Eagles included some of the most smug yet embarrassing moments if rockumetary. Say what ever you want about Jagger/Richards, or Townshent/Moon – there was always some class even at their lowest moments. Henley, and especially Glenn Frey come out as moronic and Frey just looks like some Ben Stiller movie exaggerated figure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 16:02 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: February 24, 2015 16:32

"You ever listened to an Eagles record? Their songs are good and all that but every note is totally predictable" Bob Dylan July 7, 1984

Pretty well sums up my views of The Eagles - the Steven Spielbergs of rock 'n' roll. They are good at what they do and everyone has an Eagles song they like but their records are products, not works of art. Can't say that they didn't have their moment or that they didn't have their way with a ballad and God knows they sold way more records than Bob Dylan but I think Zim nailed what it is that many fans of real rock 'n' roll feel about them.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 16:49

I would have zero problem with the 'no standing' rule. There is nothing the Eagles would do in their performance of a song that would inspire me to want to stand.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: February 24, 2015 19:51

stewedandkeefed
The Eagles - the Steven Spielbergs of rock 'n' roll. They are good at what they do and everyone has an Eagles song they like but their records are products, not works of art.

Well said. And the empty plattitudes and general dumbassedness of their lyrics could kill a man. Some sammples:

"So oftentimes it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never realize we have the key..." (Already Gone)

"You can spend all your time making money, you can spend all your love making time, if it all fell to pieces tomorrow would you still be mine?" (Take It to the Limit)

"Mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice, and she said 'We are all just prisoners here of our own device.'" (Hotel California)

"'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling and I know you won't let me down, 'cause I'm already standing on the ground." (Peaceful, Easy Feeling)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 24, 2015 21:24

the eagles are talking like they are taking their marching orders from the REGIME

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home