Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith on "SNL40", February 15
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:16

No bandana?

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:53

During the Seinfeld q&a they should have let Keith ask a question in his patented unintelligible garble.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:35

Thought Keith's bit was humorous. Paul's voice was weak at the beginning but got better as the song went along. A better song choice would have helped - can any of y'all sing "Maybe I'm Amazed" better? I can't!

Thought the show had some funny moments but was kinda dull for the most part. A little too much self-congratulating and inside jokes - do you really know the behind the scenes people (excepting Lorne, of course)? Chevy, Murray, and Murphy weren't funny at all.

WTF Miley singing "50 Ways" while Simon was there?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:37

I laughed a lot...and remembered even more...what a run this show has had...classic Gilda...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Keith on "SNL40"?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:50

If you post unusual large size text or unusual upper case or unusual colors text then that post may be deleted by the IORR moderator. The same goes for replies quoting such text.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-16 21:01 by bv.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:52

Paul McCartney AND Paul Simon both had a little trouble. Their duet was fine, but I thought Simon's show closing 'Still Crazy After All These Years' was a little weak. Both were probably not in the best of circumstances, with McCartney performing a complete concert the night before, and as mentioned in the pre-show, Paul Simon had flown 19 hours to get there in time for the broadcast.

Oh well, the entire show was a shambles. It looked good on paper. But Chevy Chase looked and acted truly disturbing. They could have rounded up Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman, Jane Curtain and Garret Morris for a skit with the remaining original cast, but that opportunity is now lost forever. And why did Eddie Murphy even bother to show up? Just to soak up some applause and basically make peace with SNL?

I did keep thinking Mick would make a surprise appearance. Keith's bit was cool, succinct and on with the show. And I will laugh in the face of anyone who describes Kanye West as a genius. His best song's highlight was Jamie Foxx imitating Ray Charles.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:35

Elmo Lewis
A better song choice would have helped

That's what I said too, over here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:47

Best part was Wayne and Garth keeping Kanye in his seat during the Wayne's World skit.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: February 17, 2015 00:20

Rip This
I laughed a lot...and remembered even more...what a run this show has had...classic Gilda...

[www.youtube.com]

You know this "classic Gilda" is a big joke on Patti Smith, right?

Patti has revived her carrer and become an official 1970s cool person from New York. But she was a big joke when "Candy Slice Gilda" came out in 1979.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 17, 2015 01:25

DrPete
Was disappointed that no clip of the Stones performance appeared. If they can show Betty White making out, they can show Mick licking Ron s face!

In 1978, I'm not so sure it was a face lick but two tongues meeting. Mick's
Voice was shot which was a shame. The tongue thing seemed out of place - but
1978 was a long time ago and Mick was probably looking for the shock value.
After all the stones were still viewed as rebels back then and they were live
on television. The next time they were live on TV would be the 1981 Hampton, VA
Show where Keith hit a "fan" over the head with his telecaster.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 17, 2015 01:49

This show would've been far better if they had edited it and put out a version that removed all the deadwood(there was LOTS of it!) NBC doesn't have much to celebrate so they had to treat it like their version of the Oscars with the full red carpet treatment...I TIVO'd it but after seeing so many reviews today deleted it...got the Keith Macca intro off of DIME.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 17, 2015 02:02

Pietro
Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

Patti has revived her carrer and become an official 1970s cool person from New York. But she was a big joke when "Candy Slice Gilda" came out in 1979.

really?...as a NY'er I don't think Patti Smith was ever uncool. Only people that lived above 23rd street got that tag.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: February 17, 2015 02:02

Keith looks better with the bandana.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 17, 2015 02:09

Mr.D
This show would've been far better if they had edited it and put out a version that removed all the deadwood

Saturday Night Live has got to be live, though, that's kinda the point. smiling smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 17, 2015 03:55

Rip This
Pietro
Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

really?...as a NY'er I don't think Patti Smith was ever uncool. Only people that lived above 23rd street got that tag.

You got that right, Rip This -- Pietro knows not of what he speaks.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: February 17, 2015 04:59

Glam Descendant
Rip This
Pietro
Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

Gilda is definitely alluding to Patti Smith in that character but it isn't a rip.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 17, 2015 05:15

Wry Cooter
Glam Descendant
Rip This
Pietro
Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

Gilda is definitely alluding to Patti Smith in that character but it isn't a rip.

I absolutely agree. Patti showed her armpit hair on the cover of EASTER; Candy Slice borrows someone's hairbrush and brushes her armpit hair lol -- classic!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 17, 2015 08:15

Sean Connery:

I'll take Le Tits Now for $100 after selecting Whore Ads for $200 cracked me up...and thats all that cracked me up, unfortunately.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:20

swimtothemoon
In 1978, I'm not so sure it was a face lick

It was a face lick. Ronnie made sure to keep his mouth safely tucked in.

Keith looks wonderful and he delivered the joke they gave him very nicely.

Date: February 17, 2015 12:53

with sssoul
swimtothemoon
In 1978, I'm not so sure it was a face lick

It was a face lick. Ronnie made sure to keep his mouth safely tucked in.

Absolutely!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 17, 2015 13:01

All in all a good show with typical SNL skits. How come the Coneheads didn't appear in the Jeapardy sketch??

How close are we to Keith being host? Maybe this Fall coinciding with his solo album!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 17, 2015 15:58

Elmo Lewis
Thought Keith's bit was humorous.

Absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 17, 2015 20:56

with sssoul

It could have been Keith's joke, fits his humor and style, and being an introduction they probably gave him the latitude to say whatever he wanted. peace

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: February 18, 2015 04:37

Keith was great, Macca sucked as always...along with the rest of the show

Date: February 18, 2015 07:26

Maindefender
All in all a good show with typical SNL skits. How come the Coneheads didn't appear in the Jeapardy sketch??

How close are we to Keith being host? Maybe this Fall coinciding with his solo album!

it was CELEBRITY JEOPARDY, why would the coneheads be on it? connery and burt reynolds were popular on that skit when they did it in the late 90's

Date: February 18, 2015 07:28

MizzAmandaJonez
Sean Connery:

I'll take Le Tits Now for $100 after selecting Whore Ads for $200 cracked me up...and thats all that cracked me up, unfortunately.

waynes world was funny

Date: February 18, 2015 07:28

Elmo Lewis
Thought Keith's bit was humorous. Paul's voice was weak at the beginning but got better as the song went along. A better song choice would have helped - can any of y'all sing "Maybe I'm Amazed" better? I can't!

Thought the show had some funny moments but was kinda dull for the most part. A little too much self-congratulating and inside jokes - do you really know the behind the scenes people (excepting Lorne, of course)? Chevy, Murray, and Murphy weren't funny at all.

WTF Miley singing "50 Ways" while Simon was there?

you mean now or ever? there were tons of famous writers on the show over the years

Date: February 18, 2015 07:29

24FPS
Paul McCartney AND Paul Simon both had a little trouble. Their duet was fine, but I thought Simon's show closing 'Still Crazy After All These Years' was a little weak. Both were probably not in the best of circumstances, with McCartney performing a complete concert the night before, and as mentioned in the pre-show, Paul Simon had flown 19 hours to get there in time for the broadcast.

Oh well, the entire show was a shambles. It looked good on paper. But Chevy Chase looked and acted truly disturbing. They could have rounded up Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman, Jane Curtain and Garret Morris for a skit with the remaining original cast, but that opportunity is now lost forever. And why did Eddie Murphy even bother to show up? Just to soak up some applause and basically make peace with SNL?

I did keep thinking Mick would make a surprise appearance. Keith's bit was cool, succinct and on with the show. And I will laugh in the face of anyone who describes Kanye West as a genius. His best song's highlight was Jamie Foxx imitating Ray Charles.

bill murray was not on the first season

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: February 18, 2015 16:11

There was an SNL show where Wayne and Garth got a surprise visit from Aerosmith. With Keith in the house on Sunday, I thought they had it all teed up for him to pop in, and for them to close with their signature, "We're not worthy." Would have been a cool moment.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 18, 2015 16:21

Naturalust
with sssoul

It could have been Keith's joke, fits his humor and style, and being an introduction they probably gave him the latitude to say whatever he wanted. peace

...Given or not, it was certainly rehearsed - it sounded accentuated, and even a bit overacted in a (good) way. It ceretainly wasn't improvised...
Not saying Keith wouldn't be able to (he definitely would - and many times he's funny as hell), but often he just stagnates in the "good to be here - long time no see - good to be anywhere" gnaarhhgles while scratching his head an lighting some cigarets.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home