Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild Horses -Top Of The Pops 1971
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:08

hi,

just found this ...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Wild Horses -Top Of The Pops 1971
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:27

OMFG! This is really a great find, and Bitch too! Thank you very much. hot smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:46

Cristiano Radtke
OMFG! This is really a great find, and Bitch too! Thank you very much. hot smiley

thumbs up

The only thing needed now is moving images and restored sound...
Maybe a bonus-DVD with Sticky Fingers DeLuxe.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:03

very bad audio but thanks a lot.
fantastic wild horses!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:07

Great, but sounds like Mick sang over the studio track (typical at the time for TV performances). Even the harmonies sound like the studio track. Intriguing photo, with Keith on 12-string and Taylor on electric. Would love to see the actual footage.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: February 14, 2015 08:49

There is a slide solo that is not the SF studio track.

I believe the recording is on From The Vaults - The Mick Taylor Years.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 14, 2015 13:12

Thank you!!! This is MIck at his finest. I dunno what he was on, maybe himself, because Brown Sugar and Bitch have the best live vocals by him ever. He is r e a l on these.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 14, 2015 14:49

Wow - never heard this before. Tyanks for sharing.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 14, 2015 17:03

This is an outtake...not Totp

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 14, 2015 17:20

Available since ages on "From The Vault" from VGP.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: February 14, 2015 20:24

Redhotcarpet
Thank you!!! This is MIck at his finest. I dunno what he was on, maybe himself, because Brown Sugar and Bitch have the best live vocals by him ever. He is r e a l on these.

He really does sound fantastic, really relaxed & less forced than usual

Posted by: RODAXE ()
Date: February 17, 2015 16:27

Actually i made both TOTP videos from 1971. I'm very glad that you guys like it. Thanks !!! My youtube channel is RodrigoBrasileiro

Date: February 17, 2015 16:38

RODAXE
Actually i made both TOTP videos from 1971. I'm very glad that you guys like it. Thanks !!! My youtube channel is RodrigoBrasileiro

Thanks, but is it from TOTP?

Date: February 17, 2015 17:23

DandelionPowderman
RODAXE

Thanks, but is it from TOTP?

Yes it's from the bootleg "From The Vaults". The photos i got from the internet, but don't ask me where...

I also got all the live recordings from "Ready Steady Goes Live" which all the tapes was wiped. I'm just gathering enough photos so i can make a good video.

Date: February 17, 2015 17:28

Sorry, my mistake. Not all the tapes was wiped from "Ready Steady Goes Live". Only one performance survived. They performed: "Oh Baby", "That's How Strong My Love Is"
and "Satisfaction". You can find it on the internet.

Date: February 17, 2015 17:31

But isn't the version off "From The Vaults" just an outtake, and not the semi-live performance from TOTP?

Date: February 17, 2015 17:36

DandelionPowderman
But isn't the version off "From The Vaults" just an outtake, and not the semi-live performance from TOTP?

It was recorded direct from the tv on the day of the broadcast. Didn't you recognize the appaluses in the begginig and in the end?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:57

RODAXE

Where's the video? It's just a picture with audio added to it.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2015 19:04

I take it that's Richards on slide?

Date: February 18, 2015 00:54

Koen
RODAXE

The audio someone recorded with a voice recorder or something, and release it on "From The Vaults" bootleg.
The original full broadcast of the 04-22-71 edition of TOTP was wiped by BBC, and we may have no chance of ever see this footage again. Unless maybe someone very, very rich, somehow recorded the show direct from the TV screen with some telerecording machine or recorded it on some kind of VCR and has it on a private collection.

Date: February 18, 2015 00:57

TravelinMan
I take it that's Richards on slide?

No. It's Taylor.

Date: February 18, 2015 01:09

RODAXE
Koen
RODAXE

The audio someone recorded with a voice recorder or something, and release it on "From The Vaults" bootleg.
The original full broadcast of the 04-22-71 edition of TOTP was wiped by BBC, and we may have no chance of ever see this footage again. Unless maybe someone very, very rich, somehow recorded the show direct from the TV screen with some telerecording machine or recorded it on some kind of VCR and has it on a private collection.

Er, VideoJames here on IORR provided the videos for RS.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: February 18, 2015 05:42

RODAXE
Koen
RODAXE

I posted on the other thread that there is a good chance that the video really does exit...in the archives of foreign broadcasters that transmitted Top of the Pops and possess film transfers of the original episodes. They recently found some missing '60's Doctor Who episodes at a television station in Nigeria(!), of all places. I'll bet the CBC here in Canada has something in the murk of their archive storage. They broadcast lots of Brit shows in the '60s/'70's...mmmm....yeah...Emma Peel.......

"The find was made by Philip Morris, director of a company called Television International Enterprises Archive.

Mr Morris said: "The tapes had been left gathering dust in a storeroom at a television relay station in Nigeria. I remember wiping the dust off the masking tape on the canisters and my heart missed a beat as I saw the words, Doctor Who. When I read the story code I realised I'd found something pretty special."

Doctor Who Lost Episode Find

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1270
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home