Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Paul McCartney club gig at Irving Plaza tonight
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 18:55

apparently they asked for ID and wristbanded everyone, basically impossible to scalp.

Special Valentine’s Day Concert
Saturday 14th February at Irving Plaza

ONLY A FEW HUNDRED TICKETS AVAILABLE!
On Sale 10am Day of Show
ONLY AT THE IRVING PLAZA BOX OFFICE
All Tickets $40 CASH ONLY—Limit One (1) Per Customer
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED

Paul has announced he will be playing a very intimate and special Valentine's Day concert this evening - Saturday 14th February - in New York City.

The gig will take place at Irving Plaza.

There will be EXTREMELY LIMITED tickets on sale today from 10am (EST) and available ONLY through The Irving Plaza Box Office. Tickets can only be purchased using cash and are limited to one per person.

PLEASE NOTE: TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS

[www.paulmccartney.com] ... yc-concert

Re: Paul McCartney club gig at Irving Plaza tonight
Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 19:02

Now THAT sounds like a snoozefest

Date: February 14, 2015 19:39

Hoping for the sake of everyone who attends that Macca doesn't decide to play that 'Kisses On The Bottom' album! Fingers crossed that we get some decent YouTube videos from this!

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: February 14, 2015 22:25

OMG you said McCartney. You are going to hell for that. A foresee a merge!!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2015 22:42

Macca managed the impossible : letting ppl believe he is a concert war-machine while coming from the 60's band that gave the most horrid turgid live perfs, the Beatles.

Well done Paulie! thumbs up
Now if you could help Ringo fool ppl into believing he was better than Bonzo!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 14, 2015 23:06

Well at least he is giving back to his fans without obviously doing everything for the money. Between his amazingly priced small gigs and the free concert for students in a high school gym I've got nothing but kudos for the man. peace

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 14, 2015 23:15

Good for yer Paul .............as a fella Brit, but from down South, S.W. London. smileys with beer

Date: February 15, 2015 01:30

Naturalust
Well at least he is giving back to his fans without obviously doing everything for the money. Between his amazingly priced small gigs and the free concert for students in a high school gym I've got nothing but kudos for the man. peace

thumbs up I saw him in 2010 (my first McCartney show) and he was great! He seemed genuinely happy and had a ball pulling fans onstage!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:42

What are the chances that his setlist is more diversified than anything the Stones have put on AND includes more songs?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:57

alhavu1
Now THAT sounds like a snoozefest

Glad your not attending then.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:18

Lots of Macca haters here. Each to his own. Though there is so much of his music that I could do without (My Love, Maybe I'm Amazed, so much solo crap), he puts on such a great show, fully engaged with the crowd and full of energy. I'd pay $40.00 in a heartbeat to see him.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:43

Where is Irving Plaza?

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: February 15, 2015 02:57

Naturalust
thumbs up

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 15, 2015 04:59

It's in the Village, NYC, I believe.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 15, 2015 09:42

angee
It's in the Village, NYC, I believe.

No, it's in an area called Union Plaza.
It's a little north of the Village, around 14th St.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 15, 2015 11:32

If this is accurate, it's not a bad setlist. >grinning smiley<

Macca at Irving Plaza.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:50

Can't believe I messed this one~ I live only a few blocks from there and if I'd know I would have walked up and got tix.

Saw Paul play a few years ago, somebody gave me tix, and really wasn't expecting much...I was blown away! Him and his band are fooking excellent in concert! Love him now.

Btw...it's not Union Plaza it's Union Square, named after the park thats there and it is a couple of blocks north of the Village.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 15, 2015 16:53

YouTube vids seem to support the setlist. Oh, what a trust that must have been.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:14

DaveG
Lots of Macca haters here. Each to his own. Though there is so much of his music that I could do without (My Love, Maybe I'm Amazed, so much solo crap), he puts on such a great show, fully engaged with the crowd and full of energy. I'd pay $40.00 in a heartbeat to see him.

Macca in concert always seems like Pat Boone singing little Richard songs. He is not a rocker and when he tries to be one its really hard to look at.

I have never understood why anyone would care if a artist engages as audience or not..I know people who went to a Dylan concert and they complained big time that he never spoke to the audience..I find that silly..

But with Macca for 40 bucks sure I would go. But I would pray to almighty God that he didn't do something weeinie like this.I don't know if he could help it though. Because he is cheesy..

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 17:19 by stanlove.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:27

<<Macca in concert always seems like Pat Boone singing little Richard songs. He is not a rocker and when he tries to be one its really hard to look at>>

A few minutes back I saw your name on the list of online users, and I just knew you would soon be posting in this thread, and I was right. You just couldn't resist the compulsion. Why do you even bother? People who like the Beatles and Macca are still going to like them and him regardless of what you post, so you're just wasting your time venting your Macca angst.

<<But with Macca for 40 bucks sure I would go.>>

Why would you bother paying money to sacrifice 3 hours of your life for a concert given by someone for whom you have obvious disdain?

<<Because he is cheesy..>>

See what I mean?

Date: February 15, 2015 17:35

stonehearted
<<Macca in concert always seems like Pat Boone singing little Richard songs. He is not a rocker and when he tries to be one its really hard to look at>>

A few minutes back I saw your name on the list of online users, and I just knew you would soon be posting in this thread, and I was right. You just couldn't resist the compulsion. Why do you even bother? People who like the Beatles and Macca are still going to like them and him regardless of what you post, so you're just wasting your time venting your Macca angst.

<<But with Macca for 40 bucks sure I would go.>>

Why would you bother paying money to sacrifice 3 hours of your life for a concert given by someone for whom you have obvious disdain?

<<Because he is cheesy..>>

See what I mean?

So you know I was going to get on this thread, this despite I don't believe I have ever posted anything about Macca ever? Huh.

I said for 40 bucks..I am sure some of it would be pretty good and again 40 bucks..I do like some Beatles music but mostly Lennon's stuff. But again 40 bucks.

So you are saying he was not cheesy in that video? Or that he isn't often cheesy? I could just close my eyes I guess. And why when he wants to act like a rocker does he constantly just point with his index finger. I have never understood that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 17:41 by stanlove.

Date: February 15, 2015 17:56

<<So you know I was going to get on this thread, this despite I don't believe I have ever posted anything about Macca ever? Huh.>>

Yes, I knew, because of your compulsive anti-Lennon thread busting of recent months. I also knew that if I waited a few minutes and then logged back on to IORR your reply to my post would be there as well, and I was right. You just couldn't resist the compulsion. Why do you even bother? People who like the Beatles and Macca and who reply to your antagonistic comments are still going to like them and him regardless of what you post, so you're just wasting your time venting your Macca angst.

<<I said for 40 bucks>>

It isn't the question of money, it's the 3 hours of your life you'd never get back.

<<So you are saying he was not cheesy in that video?>>

Didn't bother to look at the video. But I'll tell you this. I saw him in concert, an outdoor open-air event in the middle of the summer, and it was one of the best shows I ever attended, and was 2 hours and 45 minutes. And I'd pay $250 to see him again.

<<And why when he wants to act like a rocker does he constantly just point with his index finger.>>

Now who does that remind us of?.... (from 1:03)

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:56

Not a fan of much Macca has done since the early 70s, but for $40, playing a great venue when he could have played Barclay's for $400.....nice.

I am hoping he enjoyed playing with possibly people from normal means in the crowd, packed up front.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:57

IMO there is nothing wrong with Paul McCartney....member of the "Best Pop Band Of The World" made some great tunes

And I could go on and on and on........................

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 18:01

Paul McCartney Offers an Intimate Valentine’s Gift at Irving Plaza

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: February 15, 2015 18:22

stonehearted
<<So you know I was going to get on this thread, this despite I don't believe I have ever posted anything about Macca ever? Huh.>>

Yes, I knew, because of your compulsive anti-Lennon thread busting of recent months. I also knew that if I waited a few minutes and then logged back on to IORR your reply to my post would be there as well, and I was right. You just couldn't resist the compulsion. Why do you even bother? People who like the Beatles and Macca and who reply to your antagonistic comments are still going to like them and him regardless of what you post, so you're just wasting your time venting your Macca angst.

<<I said for 40 bucks>>

It isn't the question of money, it's the 3 hours of your life you'd never get back.

<<So you are saying he was not cheesy in that video?>>

Didn't bother to look at the video. But I'll tell you this. I saw him in concert, an outdoor open-air event in the middle of the summer, and it was one of the best shows I ever attended, and was 2 hours and 45 minutes. And I'd pay $250 to see him again.

<<And why when he wants to act like a rocker does he constantly just point with his index finger.>>

Now who does that remind us of?.... (from 1:03)

Well of course I would responde, I was on the site..Duh.Im don't remember telling anyone not to like the beatles. I think I just said I like some of their music myself..Yes I get involved on a Lennon thread when people tried to make Lennon out to be something he wasn't. I am HUGE on accuracy and with lennon its almost gotten to the propaganda stage with people trying to build him up. he was a great songwriter though.

If you like Macca that's fine. I never understand why fans get upset when someone else has a different opinion of someone they are a fan of. I fond it very weird and there are way too many music fans like that..Take it easy its only music and we are talking about someone you don't know at all.

Date: February 15, 2015 18:50

<<Yes I get involved on a Lennon thread when people tried to make Lennon out to be something he wasn't.>>

And if you review that thread you'll see that your efforts met with 0% effectiveness, which equals wasted time on your part. You can't change what people think about a musician they greatly admire, what a foolish presumption on your part.

<<I never understand why fans get upset when someone else has a different opinion of someone they are a fan of.>>

You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else. It's when you try to change the opinions of others by coming across as a reformer that you get the opposition you were met with in the December 8 Lennon memorial thread--and also because you chose to vent in an anniversary RIP thread. Not very graceful.

<<Take it easy its only music and we are talking about someone you don't know at all.>>

I am taking it easy, just kicking back with a Starbucks coffee and enjoying a Sunday morning. It's you who sounds as if you could do with an Alka-Seltzer right about now. And what does not knowing an artist personally have to do with opinions on their music? I don't get involved in their personal business, I just like what they have produced as artists, and so do a lot of people. It's a part of people's lives and you will never change that no matter how many posts you make to try and bring them down.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: February 15, 2015 18:54

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 15, 2015 19:24

stanlove
[ But I would pray to almighty God that he didn't do something weeinie like this.I don't know if he could help it though. Because he is cheesy..

I thought it was a decent cute catchy pop song. That's his forte, cute catchy pop songs. He's damn good at writing them and plenty capable of rocking out too. When you see him perform you get a good mash up of a lot of styles, some cute and trivial and some hard and driving, it's just what he does. Like the Stones, I'm grateful we still have him around and playing shows. peace

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 15, 2015 19:32

Is he in New York to be part of the SNL 40th anniversary?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1137
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home