Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What's happened to Rene and Track Talk?
Date: February 9, 2015 16:41

NICOS
If Rene is not able or too confused I will take over Track Talk for the time being...........I'm free on Mondays so no big problem....and I will take "Time Is On My Side" for reference.............If you "all" agree......................

thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 9, 2015 17:29

NICOS
If Rene is not able or too confused I will take over Track Talk for the time being...........I'm free on Mondays so no big problem....and I will take "Time Is On My Side" for reference.............If you "all" agree......................

Yes, please.
I do hope Rene gets back any time he feels like it.
Meantime it would be lovely if Nicos would entertain us and fill in for Rene.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: February 9, 2015 17:39

marcovandereijk
NICOS

Yes, please.
I do hope Rene gets back any time he feels like it.
Meantime it would be lovely if Nicos would entertain us and fill in for Rene.

Rene is still here, but his hard drive isn't smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2015 18:01

Okay 3 votes out of 12.685 is enough for me grinning smiley

Date: February 9, 2015 18:04

I did search for the next song is it Sweet Neon Con?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 18:05 by NICOS.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 9, 2015 18:09

I have a feeling that SNC will not be a popular thread.

C

Date: February 9, 2015 18:11

NICOS
I did search for the next song is it Sweet Neon Con?

Yep.

+++

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 18:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 9, 2015 18:18

You got my vote too Nicos. And yes, Sweet Neo Con it is.

Re: What's happened to Rene's Track Talk?
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 9, 2015 19:32

And let the games begin!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 9, 2015 19:53

René
Two weeks ago I've had a major error on the hard disk of my computer.
Unfortunately this means the end of Track Talk, everything is gone, no back-up.
Sorry guys, it was fun.

René

Terribly sorry to hear that Rene. Your threads have been some of the very best here. I don't really have a problem with someone taking over but it just wouldn't quite be the same.

Is there anything we can do to convince you to continue? Buy you a new hard drive/computer? Pay to get your old one recovered? I'm sure this community would be happy to come together for something like that. Truly. Just say the word.

Also not quite sure why your loss of the drive would prevent you from future Track Talk threads. confused smiley Surely the past ones are all still available on Bjornulf's server. Did you have all the songs pre-made and are discouraged from repeating that effort?

In any case, look forward to hearing from you. peace

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 9, 2015 20:51

Oh no! So sorry to hear about the dead drive, and so much hard work gone. You must be heartbroken - and so are we, to lose what has become one of the best things on iorr.

Of course it can't be allowed to die. Rene, if you don't want to carry on, perhaps you could point us to the sources you used for the various bits of a Track Talk?

A warning to anyone who intends to carry on the series. I don't know how Rene compiled his list of songs, but it doesn't match the one on Time Is On Our Side. In particular, all songs called "The something" have been done under the first letter of "something", and all the new songs from Exile Deluxe, Some Girls Deluxe and Gloom and Doom/One More Shot were covered when they first appeared. The Tracking Cookie will tell you what's already done, but every so often Rene didn't do the track I was expecting, and sometimes one that isn't on the TIOOS list.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 9, 2015 21:58

We do need to continue!
Sometimes it has been the most entertaining threads on IORR.
GREAT respect and appreciation to René for his outstanding work!

I vote for Nico to continue, until René is back.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 9, 2015 22:34

I think we need to encourage Rene to continue. Replacing him so quick and effortlessly seems a little premature and doesn't show the respect we all have for him and those threads. peace

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: February 9, 2015 22:51

Naturalust
I think we need to encourage Rene to continue. Replacing him so quick and effortlessly seems a little premature and doesn't show the respect we all have for him and those threads. peace

This.

Date: February 9, 2015 22:53

I will send him a Mail (actually I had the new René's Track Talk post ready to post but will wait for his reply)

Date: February 9, 2015 23:23

Green Lady
Oh no! So sorry to hear about the dead drive, and so much hard work gone. You must be heartbroken - and so are we, to lose what has become one of the best things on iorr.

Of course it can't be allowed to die. Rene, if you don't want to carry on, perhaps you could point us to the sources you used for the various bits of a Track Talk?

A warning to anyone who intends to carry on the series. I don't know how Rene compiled his list of songs, but it doesn't match the one on Time Is On Our Side. In particular, all songs called "The something" have been done under the first letter of "something", and all the new songs from Exile Deluxe, Some Girls Deluxe and Gloom and Doom/One More Shot were covered when they first appeared. The Tracking Cookie will tell you what's already done, but every so often Rene didn't do the track I was expecting, and sometimes one that isn't on the TIOOS list.

Thanks for the warning Greenlady and Naturalist for the concerns......If I continue this Thread it's because I don't want it to stop I think a year and a half it's finished...pity if it got lost......and yes your right the sequence has to be the one Rene uses......but for sure Sweet Neo Con is the next as I checked a lot of RS song list...........

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 10, 2015 00:23

Naturalust

I think Naturalust is right.No need to hurry ... it's Rene's idea,project,whatever.He's the one to decide what to do.
Take the time you need.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 10, 2015 09:41

Can't Monday be changed to Friday, when René does not makes Track Talk anymore?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 10, 2015 10:10

Well, I chose a sad moment to reappear. I don't know what will end up happening to Track Talk, but major props to Rene for all his hard work. It was (hopefully will still be) one of my favorite threads.

Posted by: René ()
Date: February 10, 2015 17:30

Thank you all for the kind words, really heartwarming.
Honestly I must say that when my compter broke down I was so devastated that I wanted to quit the Track Talks immediately, but you guys made me think it over and the good news is: Today I found some old diskettes with some basic stuff on it, the blueprints of the Track Talks so to say.
Please give me one or two weeks to find out how much work it takes to update them and if it's not too much work to continue with the Track Talks.

René

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 10, 2015 17:32

THAT may be the best news all day!!

Thank you Rene....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 10, 2015 21:21

Nicos, how nice, thank you!

René I am so sorry too, for us and for you.

Question: Did you lose other really, really important documents too or
did you have back up for some?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 10, 2015 21:34

René
Honestly I must say that when my compter broke down I was so devastated that I wanted to quit the Track Talks immediately, but you guys made me think it over and the good news is: Today I found some old diskettes with some basic stuff on it, the blueprints of the Track Talks so to say.
Please give me one or two weeks to find out how much work it takes to update them and if it's not too much work to continue with the Track Talks.

René

thumbs up You're the only man for the job Rene.

Date: February 10, 2015 21:39

René

René

That's the spirit we need on IORR...thanks René...........you can trow my mail in the recycle bin ;o)

Date: February 10, 2015 21:42

NICOS
René

René

That's the spirit we need on IORR...thanks René...........you can trow my mail in the recycle bin ;o)

You got mail.................

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 10, 2015 21:50

René
Honestly I must say that when my computer broke down I was so devastated that I wanted to quit the Track Talks immediately,
but you guys made me think it over and the good news is: Today I found some old diskettes with some basic stuff on it,
the blueprints of the Track Talks so to say. Please give me one or two weeks to find out how much work it takes to update them
and if it's not too much work to continue with the Track Talks.
René

Say hallelujah! Let us know how we can help, and you bet we'll be here when you're ready.
Passing popcorn and everything :E

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 10, 2015 21:57

René

René

Take your time...but keep it up! Thanks again, one basic IORR thread would be missing. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 11, 2015 01:11

That's good to hear, René. All the talk about someone else doing it is just our way of saying "whatever will we do without him?" Take as much time as you need and we'll be waiting to welcome you back (even if it is Sweet Neo Con next!)

Meanwhile I'm off to get the Tracking Cookie up to date - I've been neglecting it lately.

Date: February 11, 2015 01:34

confused smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 11, 2015 02:54

René

René

Marvelous news!!!! So glad to hear this, René. And yes, like others have said, take your time ... you are DA MAN for the job.

Drew

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home