Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What's happened to Rene's Track Talk?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 9, 2015 11:53

Anyone know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 18:19 by Silver Dagger.

Re: What's happened to Rene and Track Talk?
Date: February 9, 2015 12:05

Maybe he's been busy for the last 21 days?

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: René ()
Date: February 9, 2015 12:27

Two weeks ago I've had a major error on the hard disk of my computer.
Unfortunately this means the end of Track Talk, everything is gone, no back-up.
Sorry guys, it was fun.

René

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 9, 2015 12:42

SHOCKED!!!!!!!eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Date: February 9, 2015 12:49

But but... everything written here so far is saved (knock, knock...), so probably we could just continue from where he left us... If Rene is no any longer interested in doing so, probably someone else could take a charge... and, of course, all in the name and format of "Rene's Track Talk" because that's a concept of its own here and to honor him...

We are on only in "Sweet Little Sixteen" so far - there's a lot to cover still!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 12:52 by Doxa.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:06

Doxa
But but... everything written here so far is saved (knock, knock...), so probably we could just continue from where he left us... If Rene is no any longer interested in doing so, probably someone else could take a charge... and, of course, all in the name and format of "Rene's Track Talk" because that's a concept of its own here and to honor him...

- Doxa

With you all the way on this Doxa. I think you're the man to do it. thumbs up

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:10

Doxa

- Doxa

Agree 100%. Even though we still have a lot to cover, we are about 80% of the way through the Rolling Stones entire commercial catalogue ... can't just throw in the towel at this point!!

Drew

Date: February 9, 2015 13:14

We've got everything up till December 2014 (and some later threads) HERE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:17

Thanks for your trust on me, Dagger, but I am afraid I don't have the needed consistency - steady work has never been my forte - and actual stamina even to collect all the needed basic information... I really hope someone else could do it... or probably we could gather the basic info together, someone just starting the thread every Monday?

But we first need is to find a correct alphabetical list of the songs... What is even the next one?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:21

Doxa

But we first need is to find a correct alphabetical list of the songs... What is even the next one?

- Doxa

Here's one list, with lyrics ...

[www.keno.org]

Drew

Date: February 9, 2015 13:25

And Here (A to L) and Here (M to Z)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:27

We're still on the Sweets. >grinning smiley<

Next one is Sweet Neo Con. Four Stones songs (including a cover) starting with the word Sweet.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:27

Maybe Dandy could do it?

Date: February 9, 2015 13:28

Sweet Black Angel
Sweethearts Together
Sweet Little Sixteen
Sweet Neo Con
Sweet Virginia

Date: February 9, 2015 13:29

Couldn't take on the responsibility. It's a hard torch to carry, and I just don't have the time sad smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:30

Of Course someone have to continue this thread........

Date: February 9, 2015 13:32

DandelionPowderman
Sweet Black Angel
Sweethearts Together
Sweet Little Sixteen
Sweet Neo Con
Sweet Virginia

Bloody hell. 5 sweets.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:41

Now it would be a great chance sor someone to gain an eternal respect of IORR community...winking smiley

It is a hard torch to carry indeed, like Dandie said, but there is always will be free drinks on IORR Saloon for her/him...smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 9, 2015 13:41

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 14:12 by LuxuryStones.

Date: February 9, 2015 13:50

Doxa
Now it would be a great chance sor someone to gain an eternal respect of IORR community...winking smiley

It is a hard torch to carry indeed, like Dandie said, but there is always will be free drinks on IORR Saloon for her/him...smileys with beer

- Doxa

Doxa, please remind me of the IORR regulars who are pictured in the IORR saloon. I remember you mentioned them once, a while ago. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 13:51 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 9, 2015 14:01

<<It is a hard torch to carry>>

Now would be a good time to just acknowledge that the contributions of certain posters are unique and that it would be unwise to try standing in their shoes typing at their keyboard.

Perhaps after a certain hiatus Rene can do the necessary research to gather the required information and continue on with his tracks threads. If not, it will be a sad loss, but if that's how it must be, then that's how it goes.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 9, 2015 14:06

René
Two weeks ago I've had a major error on the hard disk of my computer.
Unfortunately this means the end of Track Talk, everything is gone, no back-up.
Sorry guys, it was fun.

René

René,

Huge appreciation and thanks to you for all the hard work and dedication you put into Track Talk. You must be so disappointed about your computer. Please take your time and maybe you'll feel like resurrecting your wonderful thread later on down the road. It won't be the same without your elegant signature.

Best to you and yours,
LB

Date: February 9, 2015 14:16

Silver Dagger
Doxa, please remind me of the IORR regulars who are pictured in the IORR saloon. I remember you mentioned them once, a while ago. >grinning smiley<

Hahaha... can't recall it any longer, except Mathijs is still playing the banjo there, the guys - there is Dandie, liddas, luxurystones, kleermaker at least there I can recognize - still trying to resolve the Wood/Taylor debate on the card table, (some new chick looking how they are doing, but probably her mind more on Altamont events)... with sssoul as sweet as ever, Skippy has changed his clothes and Gazza - he is passed out! (had already too many at the bar??!!!...) , and who is the newcomer taking his place - next to Rockman - and looking damn thirsty - is it Naturalust? Or Treacle? The Norwegian looking bartender looks even more determinated than ever - making sure the people will behave properly...

Those who mentioned, sorry for that... and those who not mentioned, sorry for that too....smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 14:37 by Doxa.

Date: February 9, 2015 14:18

Yeah, got to agree with latebloomer. Rene - your great idea for a discussion of Stones songs was one of the most hotly debated and eagerly anticipated areas of the site that inspired fabulous insights from posters across the globe. Please re-consider. You are the man to complete this wonderful project.

We're nearly on T now - it would be such a shame to throw it all away.

Date: February 9, 2015 14:20

Doxa
Silver Dagger

Hahaha... can't recall it any longer, except Mathijs is still playing the banjo there, the guys - there is Dandie, liddas, luxurystones, kleermaker at least there I can recognize - still trying to resolve the Wood/Taylor debate on the card table, (some new chick looking how they are doing, but probably her mind more on Altamont events)... with sssoul as sweet as ever, Skippy has changed his clothes and Gazza - he is passed out! (had already too many at the bar??!!!...) , and who is the newcomer taking his place and looking damn thirsty - is it Naturalust? The Norwegian looking bartender looks even more determinated than ever - making sure the people will behave properly...

Those who mentioned, sorry for that... and those who not mentioned, sorry for that too....smileys with beer

- Doxa

Doxa - you have a book in you my friend. Might be time to consider writing it.

Date: February 9, 2015 14:44

Doxa
Silver Dagger

Hahaha... can't recall it any longer, except Mathijs is still playing the banjo there, the guys - there is Dandie, liddas, luxurystones, kleermaker at least there I can recognize - still trying to resolve the Wood/Taylor debate on the card table, (some new chick looking how they are doing, but probably her mind more on Altamont events)... with sssoul as sweet as ever, Skippy has changed his clothes and Gazza - he is passed out! (had already too many at the bar??!!!...) , and who is the newcomer taking his place - next to Rockman - and looking damn thirsty - is it Naturalust? Or Treacle? The Norwegian looking bartender looks even more determinated than ever - making sure the people will behave properly...

- Doxa

LOL! Brilliant >grinning smiley<

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 9, 2015 15:44

drewmaster
Doxa

- Doxa

Here's one list, with lyrics ...

[www.keno.org]

Drew

Keno is so full of errors, though - I'd recommend practically any other source before that one.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 9, 2015 15:51

Silver Dagger
Yeah, got to agree with latebloomer. Rene - your great idea for a discussion of Stones songs was one of the most hotly debated and eagerly anticipated areas of the site that inspired fabulous insights from posters across the globe.

Rene, I absolutely agree with LateBloomer and Silver D - thanks and praises for all your effort so far,
massive sympathy for the pain of that computer crash, and shining hopes that in due time
you'll feel up to returning to the Track Talk project when you're ready, we'll be here!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2015 16:35

If Rene is not able or too confused I will take over Track Talk for the time being...........I'm free on Mondays so no big problem....and I will take "Time Is On My Side" for reference.............If you "all" agree......................

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 9, 2015 16:40

NICOS
If Rene is not able or too confused I will take over Track Talk for the time being...........I'm free on Mondays so no big problem....and I will take "Time Is On My Side" for reference.............If you "all" agree......................

You got my vote.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home