Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OTish?: Morrissey on the Stones
Posted by: ash ()
Date: February 11, 2015 13:32

I like the group and many of the songs but Morrissey's voice is dreadful and not in a Bob Dylan 2015 bad good dreadful way.
The Smiths can never sit along the great songwriting talents because the lead vocal lines rarely stray from the same 3 or 4 notes, Every song goes the same and it's really annoying - much like Jim Morrison except Jimbo ends up sounding like comedy..
If they'd had a half decent singer who could write melodies but have Morrissey write the lyrics they'd be a top top band for me. Marr's guitar work is excellent and Rourke was pretty good on the bass too. At a time when quality guitar playing was in short supply, Marr was really important.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 11, 2015 14:53

The Smiths and Morrissey's fans here in Sweden is very short-tempered when it comes to criticism from fans of other bands and artists. I have never heard anything from Morrissey and his music that interests me in the least, but I believe I have the right to express that opinion. I think the guy is a whining Twaddle.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 15:08

His last album was superb!

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: February 11, 2015 19:30

strat72

What's wrong with your ears? eye popping smiley

Lazy songwriting and... those Spanish guitars... Awful!

Date: February 11, 2015 19:31

ash
I like the group and many of the songs but Morrissey's voice is dreadful and not in a Bob Dylan 2015 bad good dreadful way.
The Smiths can never sit along the great songwriting talents because the lead vocal lines rarely stray from the same 3 or 4 notes, Every song goes the same and it's really annoying - much like Jim Morrison except Jimbo ends up sounding like comedy..
If they'd had a half decent singer who could write melodies but have Morrissey write the lyrics they'd be a top top band for me. Marr's guitar work is excellent and Rourke was pretty good on the bass too. At a time when quality guitar playing was in short supply, Marr was really important.

Barbarism Begins At Home without Morrissey's voice? eye popping smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:26

RomanCandle
You're such a bad troll, it's embarrassing. I mean, the comparison with Culture Club was ridiculous.

Look we in the US like the Brits. We still respect that they were a speedbump although a tiny one for the Nazis which held them off long enough til we could get there and take case of business.

When someone accusing me of trolling because they don't happen to agree with me then I make sure I troll. There you have it.

Date: February 11, 2015 21:35

But no one gives a shit about what Americans think about Brits/The Smiths...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:57

stanlove
RomanCandle
You're such a bad troll, it's embarrassing. I mean, the comparison with Culture Club was ridiculous.

Look we in the US like the Brits. We still respect that they were a speedbump although a tiny one for the Nazis which held them off long enough til we could get there and take case of business.

When someone accusing me of trolling because they don't happen to agree with me then I make sure I troll. There you have it.

not feeling the lovestan

Date: February 13, 2015 04:54

stanlove
RomanCandle

Shame the Brits didn't do the same for us in Vietnam..... We might not have lost if they had!

Date: February 13, 2015 05:06

RomanCandle
strat72

What's wrong with your ears? eye popping smiley

Lazy songwriting and... those Spanish guitars... Awful!

No offence Roman, but I have zero respect for your taste in music. You cannot take a person seriously when they describe 'College dropout' by the awful Kanye West as being........ "Dope."

DOPE!!!!!!

Date: February 13, 2015 08:50

That's nothing mate: IMO, his entire discography is dope. I'm not saying this because it's "cool" to like KW, or in an ironic postmodernist kind of way. I do really love his music. Even "Bound 2" is a great track.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 08:52 by RomanCandle.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home