Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Vaults
Date: January 22, 2015 16:40

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DandelionPowderman
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
24FPS
Blueranger
24FPS
It would be good to mix San Jose '99 in there. It's the only post Wyman live Stones release worth having that we know of at this point. (Thought I know some people like Paradiso '95).

Toronto 2005 was also great and that's coming also.

What's so special about Toronto 2005?

It was a surprisingly good show.

Yes indeed. LIGHT THE FUSE is the Download album I played the most (Brussels 73 comes close or it's a draw).
This show was the only one in this series that wasn't known from bootlegs beforehand.
It has a great setlist and it's a small venue:
1.ROUGH JUSTICE (only time played as an opener on the opening night of ABB!)
2.LIVE WITH ME
3.19th NERVOUS BREAKDOWN (mean version, a different arangement 2005)
4.SHE'S SO COLD
5.DEAD FLOWERS
6.BACK OF MY HAND
7.AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
8.INFAMY
9.OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
10.GET UP STAND UP (released on The Biggest Bang DVD)
11.MR. PITIFUL (released on The Biggest Bang DVD)
12.TUMBLING DICE
13.BROWN SUGAR
14.JUMPING JACK FLASH
+ They recorded and filmed everything (backstage, arriving, leaving together in a small car right after the show etc.) A lot of scenes were shown on the official Rolling Stones webpage at the time. They can be seen on bootleg DVD's (4) called www.rollingstones.com volume 1 to 4.
There is a lot of unique footage on these DVD's by the way and the originals were from the official Stones webpage at the time. A must have.

Brussels was the only show that wasn't known + this one, save BS and MR from Brussels and a few pro-shot videos from Toronto.

...Are you kidding? Dbboots lists 49 entries that have had some portion of this show in one way or another...Please tell me you're joking, or that I've at least misread your post...

What do you mean? Did you think that the Brussels show they released recently is the same as the classic Brussels Affair-bootleg? Like I said, only MR and BS are from that bootleg. The rest was new to us.

Please tell me that YOU were joking smiling smiley

EDIT: I see from the link you posted that you didn't know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-22 16:41 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 22, 2015 17:09

Wait a sec....we know for sure that San Jose '99 was proshot? both nights?

Date: January 22, 2015 22:32

DandelionPowderman
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DandelionPowderman
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
24FPS
Blueranger
24FPS
It would be good to mix San Jose '99 in there. It's the only post Wyman live Stones release worth having that we know of at this point. (Thought I know some people like Paradiso '95).

Yes indeed. LIGHT THE FUSE is the Download album I played the most (Brussels 73 comes close or it's a draw).
This show was the only one in this series that wasn't known from bootlegs beforehand.
2.LIVE WITH ME
4.SHE'S SO COLD
5.DEAD FLOWERS
6.BACK OF MY HAND
7.AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
8.INFAMY
9.OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
12.TUMBLING DICE
13.BROWN SUGAR
14.JUMPING JACK FLASH
+ They recorded and filmed everything (backstage, arriving, leaving together in a small car right after the show etc.) A lot of scenes were shown on the official Rolling Stones webpage at the time. They can be seen on bootleg DVD's (4) called www.rollingstones.com volume 1 to 4.
There is a lot of unique footage on these DVD's by the way and the originals were from the official Stones webpage at the time. A must have.

Brussels was the only show that wasn't known + this one, save BS and MR from Brussels and a few pro-shot videos from Toronto.

...Are you kidding? Dbboots lists 49 entries that have had some portion of this show in one way or another...Please tell me you're joking, or that I've at least misread your post...

What do you mean? Did you think that the Brussels show they released recently is the same as the classic Brussels Affair-bootleg? Like I said, only MR and BS are from that bootleg. The rest was new to us.

It seems it was all just a misunderstanding... smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 22, 2015 22:44

RipThisBone
LieB
Anything from later than '82 puts me to sleep.

To dream about "The Concert In Tribute To STU" 100 Club, London, feb. 23, 1986 of course, that's logic.
I'll dream with you LieB.
Paul McCartney (a member of The Beatles 'till 1970) filmed this with his private beatle-camera I read somewhere.....Sweet Dreams indeed.

Why not enjoy complete footage of Toronto 2005 Light The Fuse in the meantime. Bit of rehearsals from Toronto 2005 and backstage scenes.

smiling bouncing smiley

How about the songs Paul and Keith wrote together - according to "Life"?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: January 22, 2015 22:49

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DandelionPowderman
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DandelionPowderman
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
24FPS
Blueranger
24FPS

2.LIVE WITH ME
4.SHE'S SO COLD
5.DEAD FLOWERS
6.BACK OF MY HAND
7.AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
8.INFAMY
9.OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
12.TUMBLING DICE
13.BROWN SUGAR
14.JUMPING JACK FLASH

It seems it was all just a misunderstanding... smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 22, 2015 23:06

Elmo Lewis
RipThisBone
LieB
Anything from later than '82 puts me to sleep.

To dream about "The Concert In Tribute To STU" 100 Club, London, feb. 23, 1986 of course, that's logic.
I'll dream with you LieB.
Paul McCartney (a member of The Beatles 'till 1970) filmed this with his private beatle-camera I read somewhere.....Sweet Dreams indeed.

Why not enjoy complete footage of Toronto 2005 Light The Fuse in the meantime. Bit of rehearsals from Toronto 2005 and backstage scenes.

smiling bouncing smiley

How about the songs Paul and Keith wrote together - according to "Life"?

thumbs up Maybe an idea to add this as a bonustrack to an official StonedBeatles (a great title!) album including all official tracks including members of both bands.
WE LOVE YOU
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
SING THIS ALL TOGETHER
YOU KNOW MY NAME (Look Up The Number)
ofcourse, but also Stop And Smell The Roses (Ringo and Ronnie), Yer Blues (John and Keith), FarEast Man (George and Ronnie)

Mmmwaaahhh. No good idea maybe.....smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 23, 2015 18:15

I wouldn't mind an official release from Atlantic City 1989. Start Me Up was incredible.

Date: January 23, 2015 19:02

GasLightStreet
I wouldn't mind an official release from Atlantic City 1989. Start Me Up was incredible.

Best Bitch ever as well.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: January 23, 2015 20:52

best Bitch was in Australia 1973 winking smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: January 23, 2015 23:56

Someday, somebody, just has to remaster that Perth bootleg...#2 on my playlist after Brussels...

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 24, 2015 01:50

The second San Jose show from the No Security tour(April 20th) was filmed for a Showtime special but never aired, I saw one song from it 12 years ago(Moonlight Mile) it would be a spectacular edition to our collections! Atlantic City '89 is next up, I heard Tokyo '90 too but hope not.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 24, 2015 02:06

Mr.D
The second San Jose show from the No Security tour(April 20th) was filmed for a Showtime special but never aired, I saw one song from it 12 years ago(Moonlight Mile) it would be a spectacular edition to our collections! Atlantic City '89 is next up, I heard Tokyo '90 too but hope not.

Sounds gooooood to me..."Okay, San Jose"thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 24, 2015 03:39

atlantic city 89 and Tokyo 90 are from the vault? one was a ppv and the other was a local japan broadcast and we already have both on superb bootlegs

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: January 24, 2015 04:17

Mr.D

Yeah, both San Jose shows were filmed, and awesome shows...if something from those shows were released, it would be The Stones in an incarnation we have never seen in a perfect digital format. I've been waiting for San Jose for 15 years.

Date: January 24, 2015 06:33

melillo
atlantic city 89 and Tokyo 90 are from the vault? one was a ppv and the other was a local japan broadcast and we already have both on superb bootlegs

Hampton 1981 was a PPV.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 31, 2015 00:57

melillo

I just listened to the Tokyo '90 download, and man were they corny. Some of the songs have this tacked on Vegas ending with horns. And of course the piano is already plinking all over everything.

Date: January 31, 2015 01:03

Very dry-sounding guitars on the Tokyo release.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 31, 2015 01:18

onestep
Mr.D

Yeah, both San Jose shows were filmed, and awesome shows...if something from those shows were released, it would be The Stones in an incarnation we have never seen in a perfect digital format. I've been waiting for San Jose for 15 years.
they even announced the filming at the arena, right before opening the gates , so it is true. but my guess for now is paris76

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 31, 2015 01:25

...waiting to Amsterdam paradise!

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: January 31, 2015 01:43

I attended this show ( 100 Club Feb. 23 1986 ). Nothing was video taped, well I did not see anyone taping the show and I was watching. Also unless someone hid a tape recorderin the coat pocket nothing was audio taped. You say Paul McCartney was there , well I did not see him there. There was less then 200 people in attendence, you could easly walk up to the stage and back out. As part as Paul McCartney being there if you read that in the trade papers don't believe it. I read in one paper that the Stones playeed Miss You, sart me up. They played songs that Stu love to play, old R & B songs only.

Cristiano Radtke
RipThisBone

According to Time is on Our Side website, Paul made an audio recording of this concert. Despite this, it would be nice to listen to this recording. smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2015 01:49

The setlist was posted here a while ago. Mainly old blues and boogie-woogie covers.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 31, 2015 02:42

VideoJames
I attended this show ( 100 Club Feb. 23 1986 ). Nothing was video taped, well I did not see anyone taping the show and I was watching. Also unless someone hid a tape recorderin the coat pocket nothing was audio taped. You say Paul McCartney was there , well I did not see him there. There was less then 200 people in attendence, you could easly walk up to the stage and back out. As part as Paul McCartney being there if you read that in the trade papers don't believe it. I read in one paper that the Stones playeed Miss You, sart me up. They played songs that Stu love to play, old R & B songs only.

Cristiano Radtke
RipThisBone

According to Time is on Our Side website, Paul made an audio recording of this concert. Despite this, it would be nice to listen to this recording. smiling smiley

OK, love the story for how you came about to be invite VideoJames.

Date: January 31, 2015 16:47

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
melillo

Hampton 1981 was a PPV.

So was Atlantic City 1989.

Date: February 1, 2015 01:11

They should at least release a digital single of Start Me Up b/w Bitch from Atlantic City 1989 PPV.

Date: February 1, 2015 01:32

Make that an EP with Undercover (without the ridiculous overdubs) and Boogie Chillen included.

Date: February 1, 2015 01:54

Don't forget there IS a Voodoo Lounge PPV in Miami. That's when they had a dedicated acoustic set.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 1, 2015 02:52

24FPS
Don't forget there IS a Voodoo Lounge PPV in Miami. That's when they had a dedicated acoustic set.

Is that the one with Whoopi Goldberg introducing them? I think I still have that on VHS.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: February 10, 2015 07:34

It's been about 3 months since the previous releases, any news what's next and when?

Date: February 10, 2015 08:04

treaclefingers
24FPS

Is that the one with Whoopi Goldberg introducing them? I think I still have that on VHS.

Yes. I did watch the PPV. They did 27 songs. Angie, Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia was the acoustic set. Had Bo Diddley guest on Who Do You Love?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 10, 2015 15:24

VideoJames, as a man who seems to have an accurate knowledge about unreleased shows, can you offer any more info on the 1972 tour? At the end of the Crossfire Hurricane documentary, there were several brief live clips of pro-shot footage. They were not from the released Ladies & Gents, although could feasibly have been from unreleased footage shot for that film.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home