Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The 2011 Some Girls outtakes disc...with new ears....
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 14, 2015 18:07

GasLightStreet
alimente
RipThisBone
Everything's Turning To Gold would have made a great opener for Some Girls Deluxe.

Opener or not, at least it should have been included. If their aim was to avoid the inclusion of already released material, they could have used a different mix/longer version, like they did with So Young (which is different to the Love Is Strong b-side version). Everything Is Turning To Gold is simply belonging to the Some Girls canon and as such, the SG bonus disc would have been a perfect home for this song, rescuing it from the fate of being buried on out of print compilations (and I don't count shitty mp3 download availability as being "in print").

There is the fact that EITTG had been released on SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES and RARITIES already, plus its original status as the B-side to Shattered. However, it seems that part of your point is that it's from the SG sessions, unlike some of the tracks on the SGD...

Yes, the same sessions and also because it's such a great song. It just would have fitted perfect.
So Young (other version) also had been released officialy before.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 15, 2015 06:48

RipThisBone
GasLightStreet
alimente
RipThisBone
Everything's Turning To Gold would have made a great opener for Some Girls Deluxe.

Opener or not, at least it should have been included. If their aim was to avoid the inclusion of already released material, they could have used a different mix/longer version, like they did with So Young (which is different to the Love Is Strong b-side version). Everything Is Turning To Gold is simply belonging to the Some Girls canon and as such, the SG bonus disc would have been a perfect home for this song, rescuing it from the fate of being buried on out of print compilations (and I don't count shitty mp3 download availability as being "in print").

There is the fact that EITTG had been released on SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES and RARITIES already, plus its original status as the B-side to Shattered. However, it seems that part of your point is that it's from the SG sessions, unlike some of the tracks on the SGD...

Yes, the same sessions and also because it's such a great song. It just would have fitted perfect.
So Young (other version) also had been released officialy before.

I have that version, Out Of Tears B-side. It's weird that they did more work to it though.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 15, 2015 07:02

I agree with the others who know better: the bonus disc is a masterpiece of classic Stones and should have been released as a stand alone album.

It also should have been put out on vinyl! I never thought I would ever regain that love that I had for earlier albums with something new again, but that disc did it. I've also heard whiners complaining about it. I think those folks don't know shit about music.

They did great work on that bonus disc.

Date: January 15, 2015 11:21

sanQ
I agree with the others who know better: the bonus disc is a masterpiece of classic Stones and should have been released as a stand alone album.

It also should have been put out on vinyl! I never thought I would ever regain that love that I had for earlier albums with something new again, but that disc did it. I've also heard whiners complaining about it. I think those folks don't know shit about music.

There is a great bootleg vinyl out which sounds fantastic.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2015 18:09

sanQ

You are confused. And to know shit about music one must be objective, something you don't seem capable of being considering the context of the material on this release, which means you can't recognize that some of these songs are garbage. I do agree it should've been issued as a stand alone album same as the EOMS extra disc was because I could've done without buying a ruined version of SOME GIRLS thanks to the shitcrap remastering. The packaging is nice though.

It is clearly far away from being a masterpiece. When You're Gone, Some People Tell Me - which are nice trompy blues tunes - Claudine and Don't Be A Stranger are not anything close to being LP material (yet alone the time line of some of the tunes on this album). What they (Mick being 'they') chose to leave off is criminal.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home