Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hollywood Bowl +Ticketmaster
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 27, 2005 20:12

I tried exact at the time to get some more seats and was not even able to get one for friends. I doubt if ticketmaster is distibuting the tickets correctly. I doubt it very much....

Re: Hollywood Bowl +Ticketmaster
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:35

I was at the Bowl box office, where the ticket distribution system was flawed and unfair.

After people who were in line got their wristbands by dipping their arm into a cardboard box held by someone on the Bowl staff, some people got back in line
again to get a second wristband. The guy behind me in line was one of these double-dipping cretins. I pointed him out to the Bowl staff member who seemed to be running the show, and he said, "Well, we can't really monitor that." I replied, "So you're saying that I can get back in line and try for a better wristband than the one I got?" Right after I said that, he halted the wristband distribution.

There were 1,000 wristbands available, but only a few hundred people in line. I was just about the last person in the wristband line. By the time that I got to a box office window, the ticket agents were just doing that trick with their fingers that is sure to result in a repetitive motion injury by the end of the day.

While I was waiting in line, a friend --OK, my Guardian Angel-- phoned me and said he was able to get a single ticket for me through Ticketmaster. So I was lucky. But many of those in line at the Bowl were not.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:37

Hey Lodge,

I scored a solo ticket in section F2 row 6. Does anyone know whether this is a good seat?

I am also going to the Tampa show, the Anaheim and San Diego shows. Does anyone think that the Stones will play saturday night November 5 in the LA area. Perhaps a show at the Hollywood Palladium or a second night in Anaheim?

Cheers,

Charles Baudelaire

J'ai pétri de la boue
et j'en ai fait de l'or
CB (1821-1869)

aka "Everthing is turning to gold" (haha)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:42

they dont play two shows in a row anymore and if they played the 5th that would be three nights in a row

There will probably be a 3rd LA show on November 8th, apparently at the Hollywood Palladium.

I wouldnt rule out an arena sized show in the Jan-Feb leg, I guess

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 28, 2005 00:55

I suspect that the promoters are hoping that people who get shut out in LA will go up to San Francisco on the 15th.

Date: June 28, 2005 08:23

Hello Charles
F2 is about 50 rows back. I am in K2 which is the same level. You can go into www.hollywoodbowl.com and see exactly your seating. It's a good thing, but also depressing that you are quite far away.

If there will be another concert it will be on the 8th. I assume it will go only via scalpers and not via ticketmaster. This whole thing does suck a bit.

I was asking ticketmaster whether I can be sure that I can get my tickets at the will call and they replied that they did not get the address out of my credit card company which should be the same as I typed in for ticketmaster.
That makes me a bit very nervous. As I booked 5 concerts with ticketmaster and already did all my trips.
However everybody told me that it will be find, perhaps I am to cautious

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 29, 2005 07:06

Wow! Thanks Lodge! As a poor graduate student, I would rather pay 200 bucks for this great seat than 500 bucks for a seat that is only slightly better. I know that it will be easy to squeeze a great 500 dollar ticket at either san diego or anaheim for 250-300 bucks. I remember being right in the front at the Dublin shows this past time and man what an experience being at the Warehouse was! Now, if they play the Fillmore, I am going to just freaking freak! Lots of pot smoke and enough warm and fuzzy debauchery to go around for everyone!

Chucky Baudelaire

"I never got a lift out of a learjet
unless it was flyin' away back home"
words from our cherished potbelly pig pirate

Date: June 29, 2005 08:46

I agree Charles as I would only pay more bucks if the row is really much much closer to the stage. How do you know that they play in Fillmore...???? Just a guess?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home