Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hollywood Bowl +Ticketmaster
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 27, 2005 20:12

I tried exact at the time to get some more seats and was not even able to get one for friends. I doubt if ticketmaster is distibuting the tickets correctly. I doubt it very much....

Re: Hollywood Bowl +Ticketmaster
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:35

I was at the Bowl box office, where the ticket distribution system was flawed and unfair.

After people who were in line got their wristbands by dipping their arm into a cardboard box held by someone on the Bowl staff, some people got back in line
again to get a second wristband. The guy behind me in line was one of these double-dipping cretins. I pointed him out to the Bowl staff member who seemed to be running the show, and he said, "Well, we can't really monitor that." I replied, "So you're saying that I can get back in line and try for a better wristband than the one I got?" Right after I said that, he halted the wristband distribution.

There were 1,000 wristbands available, but only a few hundred people in line. I was just about the last person in the wristband line. By the time that I got to a box office window, the ticket agents were just doing that trick with their fingers that is sure to result in a repetitive motion injury by the end of the day.

While I was waiting in line, a friend --OK, my Guardian Angel-- phoned me and said he was able to get a single ticket for me through Ticketmaster. So I was lucky. But many of those in line at the Bowl were not.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:37

Hey Lodge,

I scored a solo ticket in section F2 row 6. Does anyone know whether this is a good seat?

I am also going to the Tampa show, the Anaheim and San Diego shows. Does anyone think that the Stones will play saturday night November 5 in the LA area. Perhaps a show at the Hollywood Palladium or a second night in Anaheim?

Cheers,

Charles Baudelaire

J'ai pétri de la boue
et j'en ai fait de l'or
CB (1821-1869)

aka "Everthing is turning to gold" (haha)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 27, 2005 21:42

they dont play two shows in a row anymore and if they played the 5th that would be three nights in a row

There will probably be a 3rd LA show on November 8th, apparently at the Hollywood Palladium.

I wouldnt rule out an arena sized show in the Jan-Feb leg, I guess

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 28, 2005 00:55

I suspect that the promoters are hoping that people who get shut out in LA will go up to San Francisco on the 15th.

Date: June 28, 2005 08:23

Hello Charles
F2 is about 50 rows back. I am in K2 which is the same level. You can go into www.hollywoodbowl.com and see exactly your seating. It's a good thing, but also depressing that you are quite far away.

If there will be another concert it will be on the 8th. I assume it will go only via scalpers and not via ticketmaster. This whole thing does suck a bit.

I was asking ticketmaster whether I can be sure that I can get my tickets at the will call and they replied that they did not get the address out of my credit card company which should be the same as I typed in for ticketmaster.
That makes me a bit very nervous. As I booked 5 concerts with ticketmaster and already did all my trips.
However everybody told me that it will be find, perhaps I am to cautious

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 29, 2005 07:06

Wow! Thanks Lodge! As a poor graduate student, I would rather pay 200 bucks for this great seat than 500 bucks for a seat that is only slightly better. I know that it will be easy to squeeze a great 500 dollar ticket at either san diego or anaheim for 250-300 bucks. I remember being right in the front at the Dublin shows this past time and man what an experience being at the Warehouse was! Now, if they play the Fillmore, I am going to just freaking freak! Lots of pot smoke and enough warm and fuzzy debauchery to go around for everyone!

Chucky Baudelaire

"I never got a lift out of a learjet
unless it was flyin' away back home"
words from our cherished potbelly pig pirate

Date: June 29, 2005 08:46

I agree Charles as I would only pay more bucks if the row is really much much closer to the stage. How do you know that they play in Fillmore...???? Just a guess?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home