Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 14, 2015 14:27

Naturalust
Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

what a strange quote. I would think they would keep him because he plays so damn well. Is loving Bobby a pre-requisite? I guess they are keeping Chuck because he loved Stu and Nicky's work? peace

As far as I know, Karl learned to play sax by trying to copy Bobby's licks and style - he just loved his playing. And that's a very good reason for keeping him on the list besides his professional capabilities, IMHO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2015 16:48

waterrats
Naturalust
Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

what a strange quote. I would think they would keep him because he plays so damn well. Is loving Bobby a pre-requisite? I guess they are keeping Chuck because he loved Stu and Nicky's work? peace

As far as I know, Karl learned to play sax by trying to copy Bobby's licks and style - he just loved his playing. And that's a very good reason for keeping him on the list besides his professional capabilities, IMHO.

I wouldn't take it as any more than an ode to Bobby from Ronnie. You can't replace Bobby, but having a great player that emulates and loves his playing is a great message to have out there.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2015 17:50

Karl Denson had played 'Brown Sugar' plenty of times before filling in for Bobby Keys on the Oz/NZ leg of 14 On Fire.

Poster for KDTU shows in 2011 - 2012:

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 18:44

They could still do a couple of shows in London in August at Wembley or Twickenham.

The field of dreams if you build it the Stones will come to London in 2015smileys with beer

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 14, 2015 20:09

hoping they make it to texas,seen them 8 times the first 1981 Houston astrodome, with the fab. t-birds and zz top,knowing that this is probably the last time I get to see the greatest rock and roll live

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 14, 2015 21:05

Im in the US and going to the concert!!! Who's in?

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: February 14, 2015 21:18

I'm definitely planning to see them this summer!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 14, 2015 21:19

Something is on for London , I'm sure.

Hoping it would be Hyde Park on June 28th, but maybe now July, August, or even September,which can be nice weather in U.K. for an outdoor gig.

I'm pretty hopefull anyway. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 21:33

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe is playing the Summer Camp Music Festival Memorial Day Weekend in Illinois. If you figure at least two weeks for rehearsals, the Stones wont be out until at least the 2nd or 3rd week of June right?

[summercampfestival.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 14, 2015 23:32

mnewman505
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe is playing the Summer Camp Music Festival Memorial Day Weekend in Illinois. If you figure at least two weeks for rehearsals, the Stones wont be out until at least the 2nd or 3rd week of June right?

[summercampfestival.com]
KD doesn't need to be present all the time....

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 14, 2015 23:57

Forgot Detroit, definitely Detroit, and likely in place of St Paul come to think of it.

Red Rocks Denver would be cool

South Lake Tahoe versus Sacramento would be cool too

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 15, 2015 00:10

I have a nice idea, why not do half dates in Canada and half in us. d0. In Canada do places they havent played for a long time like Winnipeg, Vancouver.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 15, 2015 00:54

kahoosier
Well lets see, if the tour is all stadiums, there will be no pit. If there is no PIT, there is no need for VIP early entry. If there is no VIP early entry PIT, I can tell you from Auckland that row 1, 2, 3 or 4 are really not that different as far as a sense of intimacy goes, it's just bragging rights.. So BOOM ticket prices, while still high, are cut in half for me if it's all stadiums.

It's those VIP PIT tickets early entry that are killers. So part of me hopes for arenas, I like that being on the rail in the pit, its like being at a theater, but my wallet says first 5 rows in a stadium, save money.

But then the problem is I don't enjoy the stadium experience as much as....oh what the Hell...so many variables. Its the Stones, summertime the States, time to take another month off and spend way too much.

So Beast, BV, MIA Jillian, Little Queeny, Paulywauly, Manofwealthandtaste , and all of the rest of you:

I'll follow you across the stars
And look for you in seedy bars

A bit of paraphrasing, so I'll buy the first round to pay for the artistic licensesmileys with beerhot smiley

Sounds good to me, hope to see you on at least one stop, kahoosier!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 15, 2015 06:08

I do not see the Stones performimg in the Humid & Hot outdoor venues this summer. It's counterintutitive. Also, as mentioned in previous posts the stadium experience is less enjoyable with marginal sight lines.

C

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 06:45

Me and the missus are flying to NYC on holidays on July 19 for a couple of weeks from Perth. Note that would be incredible, the Stones at Madison square garden in NYC....

Date: February 15, 2015 10:09

Lisa Fischer will no longer be performing at the 2015 Adelaide Cabaret Festival.

[...]due to The Rolling Stones calling for her support[...]

[www.adelaidefestivalcentre.com.au]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:37

She is so nice Lisa in giving her reasons for not performing at Adelaide.

Many artists may not even bother or just give out a small press statement.

Another positive note for Rolling Stones gigs in June. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:42

Will Mick taylor join the band again?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:39

BeastOfBurdenGermany
Lisa Fischer will no longer be performing at the 2015 Adelaide Cabaret Festival.

Really REALLY nice statement of Lisa's ... 10/10 to her.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:46

kahoosier
Well lets see, if the tour is all stadiums, there will be no pit. If there is no PIT, there is no need for VIP early entry. If there is no VIP early entry PIT, I can tell you from Auckland that row 1, 2, 3 or 4 are really not that different as far as a sense of intimacy goes, it's just bragging rights.. So BOOM ticket prices, while still high, are cut in half for me if it's all stadiums.

It's those VIP PIT tickets early entry that are killers. So part of me hopes for arenas, I like that being on the rail in the pit, its like being at a theater, but my wallet says first 5 rows in a stadium, save money.

But then the problem is I don't enjoy the stadium experience as much as....oh what the Hell...so many variables. Its the Stones, summertime the States, time to take another month off and spend way too much.

So Beast, BV, MIA Jillian, Little Queeny, Paulywauly, Manofwealthandtaste , and all of the rest of you:

A bit of paraphrasing, so I'll buy the first round to pay for the artistic licensesmileys with beerhot smiley

You can always hang with me on the side of stage! Sometimes it's like being *on* the stage....I'll see you regardless...and your Hoosier peeps will be happy to see you too

Date: February 15, 2015 16:12

babyblue
I have a nice idea, why not do half dates in Canada and half in us. d0. In Canada do places they havent played for a long time like Winnipeg, Vancouver.

uh...maybe because they have ten times the population we have?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 15, 2015 19:43

Do we still think the Rio Festival in Vegas will happen?

Date: February 15, 2015 19:52

I'm going - Prepare yourself as Ticket prices may start at $750.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 15, 2015 20:57

Chris Fountain

Well, in that case I'm already prepared....not going

Date: February 15, 2015 21:03

kahoosier

Yeh, see you in that seedy bar Stateside......line up the JD!

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 15, 2015 21:32

paulywaul
BeastOfBurdenGermany

That was really kind and thoughtful of Lisa to apologize and give her reason for canceling.No wonder the Stones love her!

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 15, 2015 21:34

Harm
Chris Fountain

Well, in that case I'm already prepared....not going

thumbs up

Date: February 15, 2015 22:01

PhillyFAN
paulywaul
BeastOfBurdenGermany

That was really kind and thoughtful of Lisa to apologize and give her reason for canceling.No wonder the Stones love her!

Interesting though how 'up in the air' the stones dates must have been, for her to go ahead and book dates for her own tour, feeling relatively safe in the notion she'd be able to perform there.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 22:35

Air tickets to the US are quite expensive as well was just exploring a few options now! Sugar! What to do, what to do?confused smiley I was watching Hampton and feeling like I need to see them againgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 22:42 by desertblues68.

Date: February 15, 2015 22:56

desertblues68
Air tickets to the US are quite expensive as well was just exploring a few options now! Sugar! What to do, what to do?confused smiley I was watching Hampton and feeling like I need to see them againgrinning smiley

You're Stuck- I recommend purchasing an opened ended airline ticket at this point, Price of oil will return to 80 dollars a barrel before any concerts are officially designated. In other words, the Airline industry will @#$%& you no less or more than any other industry. Again do not be surprised if Tix prices escalate above $750

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home