Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: rbagel ()
Date: February 12, 2015 23:16

Ford Field is the best place I have ever seen the Stones! I just hope the schedule favors weekends for those of us needing to travel.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 12, 2015 23:57

Don't the Stones like to play places that they've never played before ? Giants Stadium in NJ, which they've played many times, was torn down in 2010 and replaced with MetLife Stadium. The Stones have never played MetLife Stadium... hmmm

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 13, 2015 00:04

"We just got off the phone with Ronnie Wood, and the guitarist has told us exclusively that The Rolling Stones will be touring North America in June and July".

June-July 2015...

Makes me think of the SOME GIRLS Tour june 10 - july 26, 1978. Great Little Tour!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 13, 2015 01:46

After venues like in Rome and Berlin, I don't know what can top that

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 13, 2015 04:51

Stones have never played Red Rocks, number 1 rated amphitheater and it holds a decent amount of people.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 13, 2015 05:15

The air is too thin at Red Rocks and the stage too small.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: February 13, 2015 05:15

Ford Field was hardly filled to capacity. It would be better in Detroit to go to the Palace where they kicked ass on Feb 22 1999. That was a great venue for them to play, sold out and sounding great.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 13, 2015 06:04

Harm
After venues like in Rome and Berlin, I don't know what can top that

+1. It will be impossible to top Europe '14 in general. Until they get to South America.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 13, 2015 06:49

Hope for Calgary...
Short story. At my last show in the US in 2006 (?), a great great friend of mine gave birth to a baby girl when I was at the show in Chicago. During the show!
Now they are relocated to Canada and Calgary.
Got her the setlist. She is still in hope of seeing the boys! At that age!!! And more fun, after seeing my wedding photo, wanna get married in a T-shirt too (Stones T-shirt). She's my little Rock'n Roll.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 13, 2015 07:59

In the end, the stones via their promoters,will go where they can maximize profit. Detroit is nice, Chicago is nice and Omaha is nice but what is the $$$ return? The band has many fans in every city. We kid ourselves if we think anything but money brings our band to a particular town. The key members of the stones will be 72, we need To just accept and travel to see them without complaining. To put it in perspective, who would have thought we would be seeing Keith Richards at 72 on the road. In 1972 it was doubtful if he would see the next decade. To still be touring in 2015 is beyond amazing.

Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: February 13, 2015 08:19

I always hope that the Rolling Stones and other "big" acts would charge a bit more money per ticket, and play Red Rocks one last time... sigh

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 13, 2015 10:08

Hound Dog
Stones have never played Red Rocks, number 1 rated amphitheater and it holds a decent amount of people.

Please, no, it's a beautiful venue but in June and July, shows there can be torture. Last one I went to, we were in line in 100+ degrees (F) temperatures for hours. (I'm not sure of the capacity, but I would think it would be too small, too.)

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: February 13, 2015 13:07

Nate
Yes I visited Rome for the first time last summer to see the Stones and I was blown away by Rome it is an amazing place and I will definitely return again and visit some more of Italy.

Nate thumbs up

Exactly the same for me. It was also my first time, I also loved it, and also intend to return.

But for now, it looks like I'm going to try to get to the States this year! I have a sort of big birthday this July - and can't think of a better way of celebrating than at a Stones show...especially if combined with a holiday abroad.

A trip to the States would be great, and if NYC a good chance to catch up with a friend who now lives there. Just hope I can make it! Been having a lot of trouble with my eyes recently but I'm going to remain hopeful things will be improved by June/July.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 13:15

I'm strongly considering a trip over too. I've not been to the US since I went to the 1st 2 nights of the Licks Tour in 2002. That was in Boston & Foxboro.

I fancy somewhere else this time and NYC appeals as I've never been...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 13, 2015 13:41

I guess the real question for me is what changes to the setlists will occur. I saw them in Boston 2013 and they were great but they would need to announce something different to give me the final push. In 2013 I found myself losing interest after Midnight Rambler. In fact the Bruins were playing Chicago in the Stanley Cup finals so I went to the lobby to watch the game and still was able to hear the fantastic sound. Knowing there were no more surprises coming I was content to watch the game(with disappointing results) and even left during Satisfaction to beat the crowd out.

So I'm really waiting on the official press release that hopefully will include surprises and the Sticky Fingers Deluxe release. Honestly I'm sure there will not be earth shattering movements in the show itself and maybe the Stones will just target festivals and areas that weren't visited in 2013.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 13, 2015 14:06

grzegorz67
I'm strongly considering a trip over too. I've not been to the US since I went to the 1st 2 nights of the Licks Tour in 2002. That was in Boston & Foxboro.

I fancy somewhere else this time and NYC appeals as I've never been...

Yes ! New York would be great gregor. Was there for MSG gigs in January 2003.Went with brother in law and nephew, and met lots of Stones fans from all over the world, including Bjornulf and I think Sonoko for the first time. Went to the first gig in snowy NY and it was magical. Drinking in Mustang Sallys just along the road till about 4 a.m. after the show.

Made a weeks holiday out of that trip to NY and Toronto,and it was great. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: February 13, 2015 14:31

Interesting what Maindefender wrote that he left the show to watch a hockey game. I've seen every Stones tour since 1975 except the last US tour because....wasn't worth it to me...so expensive and predictable. I'm a huge Stones fan - over 300 albums (imports, collectors items etc) and still listen to them all the time. I find people very defensive on this website but I can't help be disappointed with The Stones over the last 15 years or so. I'm jeolous how Springsteen and U2 will still release excellent albums consistently and then tour the albums and play the new stuff and rare stuff and their fans love it. The audience knows and sings the new songs and they expect to be challenged and not just play the same classics over and over. Unfortunately the Stones have painted themselves in a corner and have to play the same classics again and again, because a large percentage of the concert goers only know those classics and that's why their there. I hear you Mandefender, I wouldn't leave a show...but I don't get excited and say wow here's Satisfaction, JJ Flash and I'm not willing to shell out huge bucks to hear one or two semi rarities. And I LOVE The Stones.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 14:53

Hey leteyer: I went to Mexico City last year for the first time for Dia De Meurtos. I am tying to go back the same time this year which is when the Grand Prix is if I correct.

I thought the city was great. Are you going to the Grand Prix as a spectator?

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 13, 2015 16:17

kammpberg
Interesting what Maindefender wrote that he left the show to watch a hockey game. I've seen every Stones tour since 1975 except the last US tour because....wasn't worth it to me...so expensive and predictable. I'm a huge Stones fan - over 300 albums (imports, collectors items etc) and still listen to them all the time. I find people very defensive on this website but I can't help be disappointed with The Stones over the last 15 years or so. I'm jeolous how Springsteen and U2 will still release excellent albums consistently and then tour the albums and play the new stuff and rare stuff and their fans love it. The audience knows and sings the new songs and they expect to be challenged and not just play the same classics over and over. Unfortunately the Stones have painted themselves in a corner and have to play the same classics again and again, because a large percentage of the concert goers only know those classics and that's why their there. I hear you Mandefender, I wouldn't leave a show...but I don't get excited and say wow here's Satisfaction, JJ Flash and I'm not willing to shell out huge bucks to hear one or two semi rarities. And I LOVE The Stones.

Oh no - not the discussion about ticket prices and setlists again....I`m tired of this.

But I`m looking forward to seeing the Stones live in 2015 smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 16:19 by Steinschlag.

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 17:16

the largest city? .... you only for size .... but the history of the world .... the city of the world ... is Rome !!!! here comes the whole history of mankind .... New York .... only palaces traffic .... I was in the Big Apple ..... nothing special .... you remain fascinated only by the sizes?

Date: February 13, 2015 17:23

... ok ... ..vai returns to Rome to see the story ... the remains Romans .... food .... wine ... the art ... the culture ... Italian style ... it's all over the world .... no ... Colombo without italiani..New York would not exist ....

Date: February 13, 2015 17:25

hello ..... where are you in Italy?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 13, 2015 17:51

I will most likely miss it since I will be in Europe for the last part of June and first part of July. Might be pleasently surprised, maybe not. Who knows, maybe they won't even play L.A.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 18:39

Karl Denson appears to be a permanent replacement for Bobby and I have no problem with that, i've seen his band many times and they are great. I think he's a solid fit for the Stones...

Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

[radio.com]

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 13, 2015 18:59

Sounds like a DONE DEAL!

Date: February 13, 2015 19:18

There would seem to be an opportunity to hold the concerts in cities which they have not played for some time such as :

* Cincinnati or Indianapolis

* Buffalo

* New Orleans ( $$$$ ? )

* Myrtle Beach , S.C. ( $$$$ ? )

* Orlando .

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 13, 2015 19:37

chrism13
Hey leteyer: I went to Mexico City last year for the first time for Dia De Meurtos. I am tying to go back the same time this year which is when the Grand Prix is if I correct.

I thought the city was great. Are you going to the Grand Prix as a spectator?

Yes Chris, as spectator only, I usually go to the ones close to me Monaco, Spa and Monza. Wanted to go to Sochi alst year but couldn't.

The race in Mexico City is on Nov 1...Is the Dia de Muertos weekend (Nov 2)

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 13, 2015 19:55

Winning Ugly VXII
There would seem to be an opportunity to hold the concerts in cities which they have not played for some time such as :

* Cincinnati or Indianapolis

* Buffalo

* New Orleans ( $$$$ ? )

* Myrtle Beach , S.C. ( $$$$ ? )

* Orlando .

Would be nice. But there's no $tone$ in any of these cities. Been to NO recently? And Orlando in the dumps since the Brazil economy crashed.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 20:16

Hey Leteyer:

Day of the Dead is actually s celebrated on Sunday, November 1st and Monday, November 2nd. Wish the Stones were there the same weekend!

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:01

kammpberg

thumbs down
I think you made a really bad decision and don't know what you missed: A Great Time With The Rolling Stones and Stones-lovers from all around the world.
Maybe you are even a bit frustated you're too tight with money and try to find an excuse for your mistake.

This is what I thought before the first show 50 & Counting in the O2.
But I was wrong all the way!
In the O2 I was dancing for two hours starting with I Wanna Be Your Man and the thrill of the whole event. First show in 5 years
Hyde Park II was also fantastic.
and last year Berlin, Waldbuhne in the pit...
That's three great shows which I thought could never happen after ABB 2007.
I could have done without Hyde Park I and Werchter, but hey that's live.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home