Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:06

Nate
desertblues68
At home waiting for a new fridge freezer. Would really love to see the boys in London the US was last graced by their presence in 2013 the same as London. London needs them: it is their home, their natural environment.

The field of dreams, if you make it the Stones will be playing in London in 2015smileys with beer

I am really looking forward to news about the stones playing this year but I'm now very intrigued about this fridge freezer so do please keep us up to date with it.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Now for the really important question...is the freezer on the top (poor), bottom (rich) or side (middle class)?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:18

bv
The plans are still as I mentioned some time ago. First a few shows in North America, then a tour Oct-Dec in South America. There were talks about May but that is now June.
Any hints or idea when an announcement might be made BV?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:40

We just got off the phone with Ronnie Wood, and the guitarist has told us exclusively that The Rolling Stones will be touring North America in June and July. He says the plans were finalized earlier this month at a band meeting in New York. These will be their first U.S. dates since 2013.

listen to Ronnie;

[womc.cbslocal.com]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:42

Lien
We just got off the phone with Ronnie Wood, and the guitarist has told us exclusively that The Rolling Stones will be touring North America in June and July. He says the plans were finalized earlier this month at a band meeting in New York. These will be their first U.S. dates since 2013.

listen to Ronnie;

[womc.cbslocal.com]

Thanks. Finally something official.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:10

BluzDude
Nate
desertblues68
At home waiting for a new fridge freezer. Would really love to see the boys in London the US was last graced by their presence in 2013 the same as London. London needs them: it is their home, their natural environment.

The field of dreams, if you make it the Stones will be playing in London in 2015smiling smiley-
D

I am really looking forward to news about the stones playing this year but I'm now very intrigued about this fridge freezer so do please keep us up to date with it.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Now for the really important question...is the freezer on the top (poor), bottom (rich) or side (middle class)?

Top I am afraid Nate hence poor, not sure will make it to the States for the Stones. I used to have a Lybian stamp on my previous passport, but not in the present one. Can I go to the states will they know about my visa? It was in 2009>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 21:27 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:12

BowieStone
Lien

listen to Ronnie;

[womc.cbslocal.com]

Thanks. Finally something official.

June & July, let`s say 6 weeks, sounds almost like a "full range" 14 or something concerts tour.

Now we can start guessing where they are going to perform. Here are my guesses:
- Detroit (mentioned in the article)
- a Florida show (not included in 2013)
- a Texas show (not included in 2013)
- a southern show (maybe Atlanta)
- New York (always an opportunity, no matter if it`s MSG, Yankee Stadium, Giants Stadium or somewhere else)
- Canada (Ottawa or Vancouver or ???)
- ????

what else would you say? Keep in mind they will mostly play cities they haven`t been 2013, if I got BV`s commment a few weeks ago right.

But unfortunately this rules out any London shows this summer, I would say.

That means another flight across the Atlantic ocean to see the Stones this summer drinking smiley
We`re gonna have a great time smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:34

15 On Fire tour, perhaps?

Here are some regions/markets they might want to visit:

Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
New York, NY @ Madisson Square Garden
Quebec City, QUE @ New Quebec City Amphitheatre
Ottawa, ONT @ Scotia Bank Place
Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
Columbus, OH @ Value City Arena OR Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Milwaukee, WI @ BMO Harris Bradley Center
St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center OR Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center OR Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
Los Angeles, CA @ Inglewood Forum
Seattle, WA @ KeyArena
Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome OR Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:37

Unless someone is short of money or desperate for other reasons, there is no reason why they would have to start selling tickets until just a few weeks before the tour start, as usual these days with the Stones. Just mark my words, keep June and on empty in your calendar if you like to see the Stones live. In fact more than just that.

As for where they aim at, it is not rocket science to figure out they would aim at central places not visited on the past tour, plus of course the big city we all know well. This makes an opportunity for quite a few but not too many great shows in some great cities in USA and Canada.

So we are still lucky, even in 2015, but don't expect the Stones to travel to you, unless you live in one of these cities, or in South America. Start saving up, and keep the summer very available. It will be ... special.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:43

Detroit.
Detroit.
Detroit.

Although the snippet doesn't give any clues to the cities, IT'S ON!
Thanks Ronnie!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:57

[womc.cbslocal.com]

EDIT: I didn't see it was posted before, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-11 22:00 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:59

bv
Unless someone is short of money or desperate for other reasons, there is no reason why they would have to start selling tickets until just a few weeks before the tour start, as usual these days with the Stones. Just mark my words, keep June and on empty in your calendar if you like to see the Stones live. In fact more than just that.

As for where they aim at, it is not rocket science to figure out they would aim at central places not visited on the past tour, plus of course the big city we all know well. This makes an opportunity for quite a few but not too many great shows in some great cities in USA and Canada.

So we are still lucky, even in 2015, but don't expect the Stones to travel to you, unless you live in one of these cities, or in South America. Start saving up, and keep the summer very available. It will be ... special.

Very good information, thank you for that. Still enough time away to save.

I was lucky to see them for the $85s on the last run through North America in Toronto, so I'm getting mentally prepared to 'pay the price' this time.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 11, 2015 22:08

bv

I think that's exactly what they are doing on this tour. Will there be any places after this tour they haven't travelled to? Only Ireland I find odd.

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: February 11, 2015 22:16

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: February 11, 2015 22:21

Hmm wonder what "it Will be special" means.

A goodbye perhaps

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 11, 2015 22:28

Wickerman, for Columbus, OH, they've been playing at Nationwide Arena, the downtown hockey space.

Anywhere in the city is great with me! It would be great not to have to travel too far, and also,
to have the band in NYC, in Manhattan this time, once again. I have not seen them at MSG yet.

Ohhhh, this is getting good now, huh, for some of us, anyway.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 11, 2015 22:56

Going to the Mexico City F1 Grand Prix, hope the dates fit with the Stones shows there.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 11, 2015 23:19

They haven't played in Colorado in 10 years and I can't walk out of my house with a Stones shirt on here without someone saying nice shirt and striking up a Stones conversation with me.

So lots of fans out this way hoping we get a show here in Colorado!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 11, 2015 23:42

Here's hoping that the competing U2 & AC/DC tours will help keep ticket prices lower than the last time they toured N America.

Also hoping for at least one SE USA show (Florida doesn't count). Memphis? Atlanta? Nashville? All are large metro areas with decent arenas or stadiums. More importantly for me, they're all "drive-able" locations.

C'mon Stones... Make it economically viable and I'll see you this summer. If not, I'll be rooting for my friends here on IORR!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 11, 2015 23:52

desertblues68
BluzDude
Nate
desertblues68

The field of dreams, if you make it the Stones will be playing in London in 2015smiling smiley-
D

Nate >grinning smiley<
I

Top I am afraid Nate hence poor, not sure will make it to the States for the Stones. I used to have a Lybian stamp on my previous passport, but not in the present one. Can I go to the states will they know about my visa? It was in 2009>grinning smiley<

haha it seems we have a couple of things in common.
Our fridge at home is on its last legs so need a new one soon.
I will not be able to make it to the states either as I am banned because I got caught smoking Bob Marley tobacco here in London 20 years ago and unlike Clinton I did inhale.
I have a good year planned though AC DC 8 times in Europe this summer and then down to South America for the Stones later in the year.

Hope you get to see them somewhere this year and enjoy your new fridge.

Nate thumbs up

Date: February 12, 2015 00:42

2 things

a Libyan stamp on an old passport should not, in itself, prevent you from coming to the US.

Even if you had a "Bob Marley" conviction a long time ago, and was previously not allowed in the States, it doesn't mean you would be automatically rejected again. I do know people who were rejected visas to the US a number of years ago, but have recently been granted a visa.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 12, 2015 00:52

What great news, June and July are perfecto for me....NYC and Atlanta. hot smiley

Date: February 12, 2015 00:56

June and July, hmmmmmm.....I will be over there while they're over here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-12 01:14 by BluzDude.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:12

Portland
Seattle
Vancouver
Edmonton
Las Vegas
Denver
Detroit
NYC

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:14

If one was to do 4 or 5 shows in the USA (and yes we dont know which cities yet they are playing), what would you recommend? I have previously seen RS in LA & San Fran in '97 during my only ever visit to the USA.

Currently Im thinking I'd like to see them and visit:

NY, Chicago, Boston, Toronto

Any other must visit cities/shows that should be on my shortlist?

Thanks.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:35

Here's where I think they'll go:
San Francisco
L.A
Las Vagas
Seattle
Detroit
Chicago
Montreal
Boston
Philly
NYC
Albany
Miami

Date: February 12, 2015 01:43

mickschix
Here's where I think they'll go:
San Francisco
L.A
Las Vagas
Seattle
Detroit
Chicago
Montreal
Boston
Philly
NYC
Albany
Miami

Albany???

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:44

So,............No London Stones gigs this year presumably.
hopefully next Year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:54

San Francisco is a no brainer.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2015 02:54

Rolling Stones Heading Back on Tour This Year

By Gary Graff, Detroit | February 11, 2015

We're gonna come [to] North America again in the summer,' Ronnie Wood tells Billboard.

Look for the Rolling Stones to hit North America again this year, according to guitarist Ronnie Wood.

After being spotted last month at JFK Airport, Wood tells Billboard that, "Yeah, we had a meeting in New York with the boys and we're gonna come [to] North America again in the summer." He offered no details about when those dates will take place or where else the band might play during the year; last year, fellow guitarist Keith Richards mentioned the possibility of South America.

he group has been on the road every year since launching its 50 & Counting tour, celebrating the Stones' 50th anniversary, during October 2012. Since then the group has played in the U.K., North America and Australia, the latter of which wrapped up Nov. 22 in Auckland, New Zealand. The Stones' July 2013 shows in London were filmed and recorded for Sweet Summer Sun: Live in Hyde Park, which was released the following November.

"We`re just mind-blown about how the music is coming out even better than ever," says Wood, "And I`m getting it easier nowadays, 'cause we're having an easier schedule than I used to have."

There's no word yet when the tour dates will be announced. They'll be the Stones' first North American dates in decades without saxophonist Bobby Keys, who died Dec. 2 after skipping the Australia and New Zealand dates due to his declining health.

Wood will be publishing his 1965 diary about the year he spent playing in his first band, the Birds, titled How Can It Be? A Rock & Roll Diary, in May via Britain's Genesis Publications, which replicates his handwritten pages and adds some new commentary and sketches. But he says a Faces reunion, even in tribute to the late keyboardist Ian McLagan, seems unlikely at the moment, though he and fellow surviving Faces Rod Stewart and Kenney Jones did play a couple of songs together at Stewart`s 70th birthday party last month in Los Angeles.

"We had a little drink for Mac and a little reunion," Wood says. "We got up and played 'Stay With Me' and 'Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller.' What else, I don't know. I've got such a busy schedule and I'm painting and playing away, so I shall wait to hear from his next of kin."

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 12, 2015 04:02

arenas or stadiums? anyone? speculation?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home