Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: why is Keith singing 3 songs now?
Date: November 17, 2014 00:12

dmay
Has Keith still got any kind of voice left to really sing? From what I've heard him do during the Stones tours of the past few years, he's fast approaching Dylan in croaking out his tunes, if not already there. FYI: Loved seeing Keith during his Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender tours, but that Keith voice is long gone to my ears. BTW, relating to the Keith oriented set list noted above, why can't we hear some of the solo stuff by the assorted Stones in the current Stones tour(s)? I would love to hear the Stones riff of Rockawhile, Keith warble on Locked Away and Keith and Lisa soulifying Make No Mistake. You'd think Mick and Keith could put on their big boy pants, forgive and forget, and allow various bits of their solo albums, along with Ronnie's, to be part of the Stones show. What a wild and interesting Stones show that would be.

Read the fan-comments on Keith's singing in the show threads if you haven't catched the Stones on this tour.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 17, 2014 00:41

Or listen to this clip from Hunter Valley:

The person who filmed that clip showed it to her son - looks like somebody likes Keith's performance.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 17, 2014 00:43

glimmerkkp
Why the Hanging Rock was canceled? Setlist might look like this...

1. Happy
2. Wanna Hold You
3. Little T&A
4. Connection
5. Coming Down Again (with Mick T.)
6. How Can I Stop
7. You Got The Silver (with Mick T.)
8. The Worst
9. Slipping Away

band intro

10. I Can Feel The Fire (Ronnie)
11. Ooh La La (Ronnie)

12. Thief In The Night
13. This Place Is Empty
14. Thru And Thru
15. You Don't Have to Mean It
16. Infamy
17. Run Rudolph Run
18. Learning The Game
19. Can't Bee Seen
20. Too Rude
21. Before They Make Me Run

Mick Jagger on guitar...

smoking smiley

------------------------------

WHO WOULD HOLD KEEF'S OXYGEN TANK?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 17, 2014 01:21

DandelionPowderman
dmay
Has Keith still got any kind of voice left to really sing? From what I've heard him do during the Stones tours of the past few years, he's fast approaching Dylan in croaking out his tunes, if not already there. FYI: Loved seeing Keith during his Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender tours, but that Keith voice is long gone to my ears. BTW, relating to the Keith oriented set list noted above, why can't we hear some of the solo stuff by the assorted Stones in the current Stones tour(s)? I would love to hear the Stones riff of Rockawhile, Keith warble on Locked Away and Keith and Lisa soulifying Make No Mistake. You'd think Mick and Keith could put on their big boy pants, forgive and forget, and allow various bits of their solo albums, along with Ronnie's, to be part of the Stones show. What a wild and interesting Stones show that would be.

Read the fan-comments on Keith's singing in the show threads if you haven't catched the Stones on this tour.
go keith !!!

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: November 17, 2014 01:24

if Micks vocals are so bad this would be a good time for them to all sit on chairs and play some raw in your face blues...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 17, 2014 01:26

NICOS
Maybe he just wants to take steady because of his last keelpijn............

I don't think that anyone outside The Netherlands and Belgium will understand this.grinning smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 17, 2014 05:40

I have no problem with Keith doing 3 songs. I'd pay big money to see a Keith solo show if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-17 05:55 by mnewman505.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 17, 2014 07:16

triceratops
mtaylor
Mick has to rest his voice to be able to complete the tour without more cancellation and avoid conflict with insurance people.

Plus Mick is doing an extra tune or two that does not strain his voice. Stones just have to tough it out. This tour has 3-4 days between dates. I think the limiting factor is Micks voice. Otherwise the dates would be closer together

The spacing between dates has always been 3-4 days since they started the 50 years and counting tour so there is no change there. What a great life traveling the world, play a gig and see the sites in beautiful countries before moving on.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2014 09:41

mighty stork

The spacing between dates has always been 3-4 days since they started the 50 years and counting tour so there is no change there. What a great life traveling the world, play a gig and see the sites in beautiful countries before moving on.

Eh? They hardly leave their hotel rooms.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 17, 2014 20:18

It's up to them to do so.

Other artist leave their hotels for sightseeing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 17, 2014 21:00

Roadster32
It's up to them to do so.

Other artist leave their hotels for sightseeing.

I guess the Stones have lost their tourist curiosity a long time ago... Been there, done that...

But hey, didn't Jagger visit ABBA museum in Stockhom...smiling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 17, 2014 22:51

bv
mighty stork

Eh? They hardly leave their hotel rooms.

Really???? They are getting old then lol. That is a shame considering where they have been over the years.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 17, 2014 23:05

rainhog
if Micks vocals are so bad this would be a good time for them to all sit on chairs and play some raw in your face blues...

What an awesome idea rainhog! I would love something like that. But don't hold your breath, it's a bit too risky to disappoint fans from the Start Me Up era who paid hundreds of dollars a ticket to see greatest hits and high energy pop music. Mick Jagger's Stones have quit being that band years ago, although I've no doubt Keith would be up for the idea. peace

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 18, 2014 13:31

It's doubly a shame that Mick should be suffering with a "lurgy" affecting his pipes when his live singing has been arguably as good or better than ever over the last couple of years.

It's a huge frustration for a singer and I bet the timing has really pissed him off.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 18, 2014 21:33

Why no Mick T. set? How about Leather Jacket?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 19, 2014 23:24

Re my question can Keith still sing...the clip above where they countrify You Got the Silver ain't bad, but to my ears, though Keith's voice sounds somewhat okay, he's more reciting the lyrics than singing them. Maybe I'm being too harsh re Keith's singing, but I would want more from a band or performer than playing on fans nostalgia for a time that will never be again. I'd much rather hear a Rolling Stones band, like was noted above, sitting in chairs (like BB King these days) and playing blues and deep/obscure album cuts with the Dylan/Neil Young attitude of "Fluck it - this is where I'm at today, so dig it or not." We'd all pay good money for this type of show.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2014 23:25

We'd all pay good money for this type of show.

Yep. I would. peace

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 19, 2014 23:35

From all the photos they have been posting on social media they have been leaving their hotel rooms a lot more on this tour of OZ than anywhere else they have toured before. Seems more like a vacation with a few shows thrown in than a tour with the odd sightseeing outing.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 20, 2014 11:40

Rickster
I'm wondering if its because of Mick's recent throat problem and if he was told to singe less

Nope it's because he only plays guitar on 2 songs...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: beno ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:10

dmay

A great Stones cover of Keith or Ronnie solo stuff!!! :-) We know the Stones is the best cover band on the planet anyway.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:38

Spud
It's doubly a shame that Mick should be suffering with a "lurgy" affecting his pipes when his live singing has been arguably as good or better than ever over the last couple of years.

It's a huge frustration for a singer and I bet the timing has really pissed him off.

Mick in Adelaide SANG at least as well if not better than any show since the 2012 start of the current tour. At rehearsals he also sounded great. What a shame it got shaky as early as Perth.

Mick actually sounded more youthful in ADL than he did in the Stones at the Max DVD from 89/90. Really disappointed that his cold kicked in so early in the Australian part of the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 12:42 by Macnee2.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 20, 2014 16:20

GJV
NICOS
Maybe he just wants to take steady because of his last keelpijn............

I don't think that anyone outside The Netherlands and Belgium will understand this.grinning smiley

i was intrigued:
[www.microsofttranslator.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home