Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Adelaide Australia 25 October 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 00:03

franzk
Niek
jumpingjackflash68

Out Of Control

Wow, wow wow!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

WOW, I don't think I've heard such a good version of OOC since 1999!

thumbs up

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 27, 2014 00:39

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:49 by colonial.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: October 27, 2014 01:55

odean73
franzk
Niek
jumpingjackflash68

Out Of Control

Wow, wow wow!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

WOW, I don't think I've heard such a good version of OOC since 1999!

thumbs up

Always reminded me of "Mother of a Man," this tune. Great rendition here, and good to see it become something like a "You Got Me Rocking"-like modern staple.

Posted by: hirschjaeger ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:52

for sure a great Show but unfortunately nothing new concerning setlist. i hoped they tried some new Songs from the 700 great Songs they have. see you soon hope in europe again

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2014 04:40

hirschjaeger
for sure a great Show but unfortunately nothing new concerning setlist. i hoped they tried some new Songs from the 700 great Songs they have. see you soon hope in europe again

You can quit hoping now. You either accept that they're a slowed down version of what used to be, playing a carved in stone setlist, or you don't see them. Simple.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 27, 2014 05:06

hirschjaeger
I'm still trying to work out why they persist with playing a (not very good) Dylan cover!
I thought Like A Rolling Stone was the worst track on Stripped even though I love the Dylan original.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-27 05:10 by bonddm.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 27, 2014 05:47

....everytime they perform it, the crowd becomes electric. That's why.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 27, 2014 06:51

Rip This

Probably because they can sing along. They could do 'Sweet Caroline' and get the same result. It really is maybe their worst cover ever.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 27, 2014 07:10

24FPS
Rip This

Probably because they can sing along. They could do 'Sweet Caroline' and get the same result. It really is maybe their worst cover ever.
+1

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 08:22

Did Mick ever relinquish his guitar during DOOM AND GLOOM live before? The two shows I saw in California he played the guitar all the way through. I loved that, but kind of envy that this crowd got a mix of both. (When I sing and play DOOM AND GLOOM just at home it has so many rapid words and syllables it's not an easy song to do both on.) Mick's now freed himself up a bit toward the end. Not a bad idea. He can get into the vocal a bit more now.

Date: October 27, 2014 09:47

MarkSchneider

Midnight Rambler

He's doing the CYHMK latin-stuff in MR now smiling smiley

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:50

Full Rambler well filmed.

Date: October 27, 2014 09:52

Great Sound on this footage of Sympathy

Date: October 27, 2014 09:53

Tumbling Dice - Mick sings instead of speaking/rapping as he has been known to do recently.

Date: October 27, 2014 09:55

HD version different angle Out of Control.

Date: October 27, 2014 09:57

Different POV, HD Satisfaction.

Date: October 27, 2014 09:58

Gimme Shelter different angle, better sound.

Date: October 27, 2014 10:15

Macnee2
Tumbling Dice - Mick sings instead of speaking/rapping as he has been known to do recently.

The same rapping here, unfortunately (0:26) smiling smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 27, 2014 10:34

Really enjoying the excellent accounts, photos and clips from the concert, from far away France. Thanks to all for posting them.

Here's hoping they give Mick Taylor a bigger role, but so glad he is there....part of me still can't believe it!

Date: October 27, 2014 10:48

2 min of IORR that I shot. Well sung once again compared to some recent past shows.

Date: October 27, 2014 10:51

Looks like this was a great show. Thanks for all the uploads! thumbs up

Date: October 27, 2014 11:05

DandelionPowderman

Hard to say whilst caught up in the show at the time, but from reviewing the Youtubes, we got every cent worth and 110% from the band, especially Mick who was in magnificent voice. This show set the attendance and box office record for Adelaide Oval.

I believe the band is just getting better with every show, will be great to see how the tour progresses.

Posted by: GracelessLady23 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 11:05

I am a long time explorer of this forum and first time poster. Adelaide was my first Stones concert so I finally feel like I have something to contribute haha. I am still riding the high that came with seeing this amazing band perform live for the first time. Saturday night was absolutely amazing and I will never forget the experience!! Mick is definitely the greatest performer I have ever had the pleasure to watch, I could hardly take my eyes off him.
I enjoyed all the songs a lot but I have a specially place in my heart for Out of Control. I feel absolutely privileged to watch the Mick and Keith’s harmonica/guitar duet, it showcased that undefinable quality at the heart of the Stones that has always made the band greater than the sum of their parts. Charlies drumming was flawless as always and I got a thrill out of watching the camera shake from the bass drum every time it focused on him. Dare I am holding my breath until my next concert in Sydney!
A huge thanks to all those putting up videos it is so amazing to be able to re-live the concert over and over again!!

Date: October 27, 2014 11:18

Macnee2
DandelionPowderman

Hard to say whilst caught up in the show at the time, but from reviewing the Youtubes, we got every cent worth and 110% from the band, especially Mick who was in magnificent voice. This show set the attendance and box office record for Adelaide Oval.

I believe the band is just getting better with every show, will be great to see how the tour progresses.

I attended the first and the last european show, and can confirm that the latter concert showed a different band. Well-oiled, swinging and less hesitant.

That said, I really enjoyed the Oslo-show as well, but for other reasons.

Date: October 27, 2014 11:19

Don't think we had this one yet, different view of YCAGWYW

Date: October 27, 2014 11:27

Full Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 27, 2014 12:25

One of the other noticeable musical thing from the Adelaide gig was less of Chuck's piano up in the mix and more guitars louder in the mix than when they were last here in 2006. Was that a feature of the European gigs as well?

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 27, 2014 12:58

winos
One of the other noticeable musical thing from the Adelaide gig was less of Chuck's piano up in the mix and more guitars louder in the mix than when they were last here in 2006. Was that a feature of the European gigs as well?

Certainly was for me, Berlin was the loudest I've ever heard Keith.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 27, 2014 13:03

The audio mix in Europe this tour was much better than in 2006 2007. The sound of the whole band was better, and the piano was less upfront. In fact the sound mix was great. Probably the best yet. You guys will have the same great sound I think. I did see them in he Netherlands, Belgium and Italy.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 27, 2014 13:38

GracelessLady23
I am a long time explorer of this forum and first time poster. Adelaide was my first Stones concert so I finally feel like I have something to contribute haha. I am still riding the high that came with seeing this amazing band perform live for the first time. Saturday night was absolutely amazing and I will never forget the experience!! Mick is definitely the greatest performer I have ever had the pleasure to watch, I could hardly take my eyes off him.
I enjoyed all the songs a lot but I have a specially place in my heart for Out of Control. I feel absolutely privileged to watch the Mick and Keith’s harmonica/guitar duet, it showcased that undefinable quality at the heart of the Stones that has always made the band greater than the sum of their parts. Charlies drumming was flawless as always and I got a thrill out of watching the camera shake from the bass drum every time it focused on him. Dare I am holding my breath until my next concert in Sydney!
A huge thanks to all those putting up videos it is so amazing to be able to re-live the concert over and over again!!

Thanks very much for your review - it is very interesting, not to say refreshing, to hear the impressions of a Stones live virgin, as it were winking smiley Looking forward to your report from Sydney - have a great time!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home