Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Keith on "The Tonight Show", September 9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2014 03:58

With Tommy & Ruby Stinson:

[instagram.com]

Date: September 10, 2014 04:04

Keith & Theodora backstage at The Tonight Show Starring @jimmyfallon - tune in tonight!

[twitter.com]

Re: Keith on "Today" & "The Tonight Show", September 9
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 10, 2014 04:11

Keith & Theo look great!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 10, 2014 05:47

Stop with the bandana inside keef.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: September 10, 2014 06:52

Is Keef gonna play with the Replacements? Is that beyond reasonable expectation? He shouldn't be that "rusty".

Date: September 10, 2014 06:52

NBC

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 10, 2014 08:23

Replacements rocked. Keith was fun, but audience really not aware of his greatness sitting before them. Fallon nice guy, but way over his head.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 10, 2014 13:33

i liked how Keith told jimmy the story of how chuck berry punched him in the face backstage at a chuck show (which we all knew about ) because Keith picked up chuck's guitar which Keith said was sitting backstage in it's open guitar case and Keith picked it up and then chuck walks in and sees this and punches Keith in the face (i do not agree with this , but i can understand where chuck was coming from )

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 10, 2014 13:37

Dang, I forgot to set the DVR last night, I'll have to hunt it down on youtube.

Keith looks great in all the pics, very tour ready. smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 10, 2014 13:39

latebloomer

check your on demand ch on your cable

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 10, 2014 13:54

TheGreek
latebloomer

check your on demand ch on your cable

Yeah, thanks Greek. I'll hunt it down later, after work.

Date: September 10, 2014 14:19

Some clips from the "Tonight Show" YouTube channel:

Full show - [www.nbc.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2014 14:37

....Happily crapping in his pants ... is the name of your solo album ....Hhhaa

ROCKMAN

Date: September 10, 2014 15:02

grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 10, 2014 16:25

Loved it!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 10, 2014 16:44

I thought Fallon did a great job confused smiley --it's not like this was the first time he's interviewed Keith, after all. Keith was great, too, and more relaxed than usual, I thought.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 10, 2014 17:22

Great stuff from Keith and Theodora, and the host wasn't bad either. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 17:30

keith says that the Stones are writing songs for a new album ??

[guardianlv.com]

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 17:33

Is there anything about arrests or drug abuse in this book?” Fallon asked.

“Not in this one,” Keith said, and told him that The Rolling Stones just wrapped up their tour and they were writing songs for another album.

Read more at [guardianlv.com]

Date: September 10, 2014 17:49

Keith didn't say that. Watch the video and see what he actually said - he's on around twenty minutes in.

[www.nbc.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:46

I think it's fine that Fallon shows he's a Stones fan and he expresses his admiration in a very sweet way...but don't kid yourself, Fallon KNOWS Stones history! He does the best Jagger I've ever seen ( SNL doing Mick in the mirror with MICK!). Keith was extremely articulate and comfortable, nice to see, no real digs at Jagger except the SIR reference. It was very a enjoyable segment.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:49

I love it. Thanks for posting those clips

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:53

There was nothing of any substance in that interview on Fallon. And probably a few myths got polished. It was sweet to have Theodora come up.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:10

Substance? He was PLUGGING his book....of course he was not there to make a major Stones announcement...not without Mick there!

Re: Keith on "Today", September 9
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:31

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards on writing children's book: 'It's time to make grandpas hip'

Ree Hines
TODAY contributor

He's a singer, guitarist, songwriter and founding member of one of the bands that's come to define rock 'n' roll, but Keith Richards isn't ready to rest on his laurels. At 70, the iconic Rolling Stones rocker has added an unexpected entry to his impressive resume: children's book author.

TODAY

Richards spoke to TODAY's Matt Lauer about his newest gig, grandpas and good music.

On why he wrote his autobiographical kids' book "Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar": "I've realized, you know, it's time to make grandpas hip."

On the lessons he hopes readers take away from it: "It could … help kids be aware that they do have grandparents and grandfathers. But at the same time, I'm hoping it works in reverse. I mean, the grandparents recognize and realize that they have grandkids, and (they need) to tighten that bond."

On whether his own grandkids and their generation will appreciate his work with the Rolling Stones: "Music's music. People still listen. I mean, people get off on really good music like Mozart. It doesn't matter that it's 200 or 300 years old."

[www.today.com]

Watch the interview > Keith Richards, "Today" - September 9, 2014

So great to see - - I completely enjoyed this short interview with Keith. Even with Lauer (I;m not a fan of his) this was a great one. Wanted to see more.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:03

Shouldn't it be Gus and I? I don't get Matt Lauer's greatness by the way. He starts the segment by reading from a teleprompter. How great is that? He has some journalistic ambitions though which Jimmy Fallon totally lacks.
He (Fallon) totally sucks up to Keith. It's a bit embarrassing. And does he have to show the book to the audience the whole time like a cheap salesman?

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:14

Stoneage
Shouldn't it be Gus and I? I don't get Matt Lauer's greatness by the way. He starts the segment by reading from a teleprompter. How great is that? He has some journalistic ambitions though which Jimmy Fallon totally lacks.
He (Fallon) totally sucks up to Keith. It's a bit embarrassing. And does he have to show the book to the audience the whole time like a cheap salesman?

I think Fallon does that with every guest promoting something, no?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:23

I guess he does, Nightskyman. Seems like that is the way it's done overthere. Overhere (Sweden) you would be reported for it. At least on public service channels.
It violates the agreement public service has with the state. It's advertising basically.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:20

Stoneage
I guess he does, Nightskyman. Seems like that is the way it's done overthere. Overhere (Sweden) you would be reported for it. At least on public service channels.
It violates the agreement public service has with the state. It's advertising basically.

NBC is a network that gets its revenue through advertising. This occurs during commercial breaks (where companies buy X amount of time for Y amount of money to promote their wares). The viewer, in turn, can enjoy watching for free, with only that slight annoyance. During shows such as Fallon's, entertainers promote their own product. Why else would they agree to go on? Everyone is promoting something, be it their image or product. Everyone wins, be it financially (the network, sponsors, and guest) and the viewer (free entertainment).

Public service stations do exist in the US, such as PBS and community access cable channels. They (PBS, at least) receives some taxpayer funding as well as viewer contributions, and it is commercial-free, ostensibly to be more community and educationally focused (as these subjects might be neglected on free-market commercial television). Their very existence has been challenged by some taxpayers who feel that they should not be forced to pay for a perceived point-of-view that might end up feeding the machine, so to speak.

I'll leave it at that...confused smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:27

He told the story about being locked in the kitchen and coming up with As Tears Go By again! Maybe he actually believes it by now. All in all, charming interview.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home