Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374
Current Page: 74 of 74
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: December 16, 2019 01:12

Great interview. A straight-faced Dylan, most unusual. Thanks for posting.

Date: December 16, 2019 01:29

Great interview. I love this:
"But rock and roll was high energy, explosive and cut down. It was skeleton music, came out of the darkness and rode in on the atom bomb and the artists were star headed like mystical Gods."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 16, 2019 03:30

Great interview - I don't think I ever read that one before.
I also don't think I ever heard the the story of Dylan walking off the Ed Sullivan show at the beginning of his career, or maybe I completely forgot about it.
Anybody know the story about that?

--------------------------------
"Rip this joint, gonna save your soul..."

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: December 17, 2019 00:45

I've been living with that interview for a few days now and have made my way through TRIPLICATE several times ... that record is really a remarkable achievement.

Bob has reclaimed those torch songs as ... folk songs, songs of the people. Many of them -- having become standards -- are sort of associated with an upper class elite nightblubby kind of clientele ... but Bob has tapped into their roots, their sense of humanity, of longing ... he's recaptured them and freed them from their highfalutin' trappings.

Amazing ...

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: December 17, 2019 09:04

And, wouldn't ya know it, he's a Charlie fan to boot.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 17, 2019 09:44

LazarusSmith
I've been living with that interview for a few days now and have made my way through TRIPLICATE several times ... that record is really a remarkable achievement.

Bob has reclaimed those torch songs as ... folk songs, songs of the people. Many of them -- having become standards -- are sort of associated with an upper class elite nightblubby kind of clientele ... but Bob has tapped into their roots, their sense of humanity, of longing ... he's recaptured them and freed them from their highfalutin' trappings.

Amazing ...

Same here. When TRIPLICATE was released, I thought 'C,mon, Bob, this starts to be too much', and I listened the album rather half-heartly, stemming more out of obligation than that of excitment and interest. But that interview opened my eyes, and now I am totally addicted to it. It is one of those moments when one can feel a personal awereness simply exploding - discovering stuff one wasn't even awere of before. It's been years I felt something alike. It is almost like, if I really go to my back pages, when I started to listen 'authentic' blues as a kid - after being introduced it by the Stones. It was like a bomb.

All I can say is that Zimmy guy is truely a treasure. His adventures in music and his career is simply mind-blowing, no one else coming even close. Sometimes I feel that he is about the only person in rock music that could be called as an artist (Hendrix was another one, but his career unfortunately stopped way too soon).

- Doxa

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 11:10

Seems as Macca and the Stones aren’t bringing it home this year (Glasto doesn’t count) - any rumblings of Dylan playing the U.K?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:41

If he had stopped at Blonde on Blonde, he would be miles ahead of himself.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2020 03:10

He shoulda pulled over after
Highway 61 …. he coulda easily
revisited once Sam's nose stopped ableedin…..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374
Current Page: 74 of 74

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 508
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home