Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126Next
Current Page: 125 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 26, 2024 04:07

Will be at this coming Friday's show in Memphis if anyone else in area going. Plenty of tickets left (as of right now) and some of least expensive on tour.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: March 27, 2024 04:21

Joe Goldmark(Pedal Steel) - 'Sad Eye Lady Of The Low Lands'- Live@Amoeba Music, San Francisco - 2007

video: [youtu.be]

Date: March 27, 2024 06:06

"Just Like A Woman (Instrumental original) Bob Dylan (Exclusive Karaoke)" - 2024

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 27, 2024 16:38

In Nashville last night (Brooklyn Bowl) Jack White and Jason Isbell were talking and hanging out. I talked with the Black Crowes (former) guitar tech who said he now works for Chris Stapelton. All that aside, the show was elite. Bob was not going through the motions. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand the whole night. Going again tonight!

Date: March 27, 2024 16:44

"that thin, that wild mercury sound - metallic and bright gold"... B. Dylan on the sound of 'Blonde on Blonde'

"I Want You" (Instrumental Original) Bob Dylan - 2019

Date: March 27, 2024 17:11

NashvilleBlues
In Nashville last night (Brooklyn Bowl) Jack White and Jason Isbell were talking and hanging out. I talked with the Black Crowes (former) guitar tech who said he now works for Chris Stapelton. All that aside, the show was elite. Bob was not going through the motions. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand the whole night. Going again tonight!

Good to hear! I read a review of one of the Louisville shows that said similar.. I’m going Memphis Friday

Date: March 30, 2024 00:38

David Eugene Edwards (16 Horsepower) - 'Nobody cept you'

Date: March 30, 2024 16:11

Saw him last night in Memphis and that was a trippy experience. Decided to stay in town and see him again tonight

Not everyone loved it, early on a number of people wanting his greatest hits walked out, which was fine with me cuz they kept talking and going in and out to use their phones (they lock your phones for the show).. The band opened with Watching the River Flow for two or three minutes before he came on and joined them and they went thru the whole song.. At one point he left the stage for another couple minutes so the band kept playing.. It took about six songs for Bob to get warmed up, kept checking levels, earpiece etc and that's when some people started talking and bailed, but it got better and better. The second half of the show was mesmerizing, audience got totally silent.. He didn't speak to audience once, no band intros either, Just music.. I compared notes with other shows and found he usually does band intros and the occasional comment. Also his arrangements of the songs were totally different than I've heard before. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight went into a kinda blues jam for a bit.. Like I said, going again tonight, love the Rough and Rowdy Ways album, and he plays almost all of it (not MMF)

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 30, 2024 16:53

snoopy2
Saw him last night in Memphis and that was a trippy experience. Decided to stay in town and see him again tonight

Not everyone loved it, early on a number of people wanting his greatest hits walked out, which was fine with me cuz they kept talking and going in and out to use their phones (they lock your phones for the show).. The band opened with Watching the River Flow for two or three minutes before he came on and joined them and they went thru the whole song.. At one point he left the stage for another couple minutes so the band kept playing.. It took about six songs for Bob to get warmed up, kept checking levels, earpiece etc and that's when some people started talking and bailed, but it got better and better. The second half of the show was mesmerizing, audience got totally silent.. He didn't speak to audience once, no band intros either, Just music.. I compared notes with other shows and found he usually does band intros and the occasional comment. Also his arrangements of the songs were totally different than I've heard before. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight went into a kinda blues jam for a bit.. Like I said, going again tonight, love the Rough and Rowdy Ways album, and he plays almost all of it (not MMF)

Something must’ve been wrong, as you alluded to. Both nights I saw him in Nashville, he never left the stage and although he didn’t talk much, he did say thank you a few times, only introduced the band the first night, and mentioned a few stars in the crowd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-30 16:55 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 30, 2024 18:07

Seeing Bob Monday in New Orleans.

Date: March 31, 2024 06:51

Just back from 2nd Memphis show. Same set list but a different show from last night. Bob's piano playing was inspired. Crowd got into it tonight, even a little impromptu call & response (kinda, lol) for a moment. Hopefully I can hit another on this tour. Heavy play from the Rough and Rowdy Ways album which I personally love.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-31 06:53 by snoopy2.

Date: April 2, 2024 01:15

Gerard Quintana - 'Escolta-Ho en el Vent' (Blowing In The Wind) - Catalonia - 2017

Date: April 2, 2024 17:58

"Bob Dylan plays guitar "On The Banks Of The Old Pontchartrain" (1972 For Doug Sahm)"

Date: April 2, 2024 18:04

Bob Dylan - 'On The Banks Of The Old Pontchartrain'- (Debut Performance) 2024

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-02 18:05 by Zotz.

Date: April 2, 2024 18:11

Zotz

wow he's in great voice here, thx.. we got Big River (Cash) in that spot in Memphis, which was fantastic, but I'd go for this too smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 3, 2024 14:54

Zotz

Thanks for this, at almost 83 Bob's still thrilling people to the point of tears, in a way he's singing with more heart than ever.
Hope he tours Europe one more time.

Date: April 3, 2024 19:07

Just saw he sang Jambalaya (Hank Williams) at last night’s show. Interested in hearing this if anyone knows of any links to a recording. Thx

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 3, 2024 19:35

Bob Dylan “Jambalaya” April 2, 2024, Lafayette, Louisiana, Heymann Performing Arts Center:

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-03 20:06 by Javadave.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 3, 2024 20:43

Dang, I was happy to get the covers I got, but these Hank covers are awesome!

Date: April 4, 2024 17:53

Bob Dylan and Hank Williams sing - 'Lonesome Whistle' [Virtual Duet] 2023

Date: April 4, 2024 19:24

Javadave
Bob Dylan “Jambalaya” April 2, 2024, Lafayette, Louisiana, Heymann Performing Arts Center:

[m.youtube.com]

thx!

Date: April 5, 2024 19:10

Doug Sahm - Love Minus Zero/No Limit' - 2000

Date: April 6, 2024 21:43

'Doug Sahm Recording Session Part 2' - 'North Country Blues' - 1999

Doug Sahm in the studio working on what was to be his last album 'The Return of Wayne Douglas'

Bill Kirchen [gree t-shirt] guitar
Tommy Detamore [red t-shirt] pedal steel guitar

Date: April 9, 2024 04:24

Jeff Buckley - 'Mama, You Been on My Mind' - (Studio Outtake - 1993)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 9, 2024 17:49

Zotz

at almost 83 Bob's still thrilling people to the point of tears, in a way he's singing with more heart than ever.

Yup, at the end of this US Spring he also gave one (last?) rendition of a song he's been in love with since 1986 "Across The Borderline".

And yes it is an extremely moving naked performance. Bob's an old man singing like an old man and it's beautiful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-11 17:06 by dcba.

Date: April 10, 2024 00:07

dcba
keefriffhards
Zotz

at almost 83 Bob's still thrilling people to the point of tears, in a way he's singing with more heart than ever.

Yup, at the end of this US Spring he also gave one (last?) rendition of a song he's been in love with since 1986 "Across The Borderline".

And yes it is an extremely moving naked performance. Bob's an old man singing like an old man and it's beautiful.

Amen to that.

Date: April 11, 2024 01:51

keefriffhards
dcba
keefriffhards
Zotz

Amen to that.

Bob Dylan - 'Across the Borderline'- Austin 05.04.2024

Date: April 12, 2024 13:32

Zotz
keefriffhards
dcba
keefriffhards
Zotz

Amen to that.

Bob Dylan - 'Across the Borderline'- Austin 05.04.2024

Felt touched by this, Dylans audience are on his every word, you can see why Bob continues to do this. thanks Zotz.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 21:18 by keefriffhards.

Date: April 13, 2024 01:49

Rickie Lee Jones - 'Subterranean Homesick Blues' - 2009

Date: April 13, 2024 02:33

I loved the two shows I caught from this tour.. Was telling someone I like his voice and approach more now than the earlier days I thought I loved.. I think he's arrived! lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126Next
Current Page: 125 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home