Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 24, 2022 06:26

What a show tonight at The Ryman! Wow! This is my sixth time to see him throughout the last 25 years, and this was the best.

Saw Jack White near me in the balcony. Waved at him. He looked at me for a second, as if to see if he knew me, then waved. No one seemed to bother him or maybe even notice him, even with his blue hair. He seemed to be enjoying the show as much as I was.

Loved the no cell phone policy, too. They weren’t playing around.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2022 21:10

World Exclusive: The Early Poems That Set Bob Dylan On the Road to a Nobel Prize In Literature

By Anne Margaret Daniel

Hot Press has been given first access to the text of a collection of Poems Without Titles, written by songwriting genius Bob Dylan at the age of 18, shortly after he left high school. Irish fans of the man from Minnesota will be glad to know that Ireland’s greatest novelist James Joyce gets a namecheck in a collection where Beat Poetry meets Classical Epigram..

[www.hotpress.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 18, 2022 13:21

West Coast tour beginning in late May has just been announced: [www.bobdylan.com]

OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 18, 2022 20:58

One Fan’s Search for Seeds of Greatness in Bob Dylan’s Hometown

The iconic songwriter has transcended time and place for 60 years. What should that mean for the rest of us?

By T.M. Shine
April 18, 2022

Illustration by Zé Otavio

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2022 22:02

slewan
West Coast tour beginning in late May has just been announced: [www.bobdylan.com]

Yes, including three dates at the beautiful and historical Pantages Theater in Hollywood...saw him there a couple of times back around 2005 and it was excellent.
And it's been 20 years since he performed at the then newly renovated Wiltern Theater in L.A. in 2002 - was fortunate to see three shows in three consecutive nights - back to back to back Dylan.
Will probably settle for just one of the three upcoming new shows this time around, but no doubt it will be memorable experience as always. thumbs up

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: April 18, 2022 22:26

bye bye johnny
One Fan’s Search for Seeds of Greatness in Bob Dylan’s Hometown

This was a great read. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2022 04:59

slewan

I just can't, I just won't. Big fan, love his songwriting but his voice is just too much for me. That said, hope other tapers do the work.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2022 05:02

damn Auto-Tune ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 21, 2022 20:11

I scored good seats for the second Seattle show. Spendy though. Right at my limit. Luckily my tax refund just came, haha.

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 26, 2022 20:26

I bought front row balcony center for the last show on the tour in San Diego on a Saturday night. Tickets fairly priced in a small venue of around 3,000 seats. Never really know what you are going to get at a Bob Dylan concert these days but usually go see him when he is in town going back to the early 80's. At times he just doesn't seem to be into the show.

I do really like the latest album Rough and Rowdy Ways. Should be interesting.

Date: April 26, 2022 20:28

dimtim
I bought front row balcony center for the last show on the tour in San Diego on a Saturday night. Tickets fairly priced in a small venue of around 3,000 seats. Never really know what you are going to get at a Bob Dylan concert these days but usually go see him when he is in town going back to the early 80's. At times he just doesn't seem to be into the show.

I do really like the latest album Rough and Rowdy Ways. Should be interesting.

If it's anything like the Nashville show, you'll be in awe.

Date: April 26, 2022 20:53

Hairball
slewan

Yes, including three dates at the beautiful and historical Pantages Theater in Hollywood...saw him there a couple of times back around 2005 and it was excellent.
And it's been 20 years since he performed at the then newly renovated Wiltern Theater in L.A. in 2002 - was fortunate to see three shows in three consecutive nights - back to back to back Dylan.
Will probably settle for just one of the three upcoming new shows this time around, but no doubt it will be memorable experience as always. thumbs up

1 should be good. He hasn't been changing the set lists much, if any. That being said, most of the set is "new" as he's playing almost all of the last record.

Date: April 26, 2022 21:17

crholmstrom
Hairball
slewan

1 should be good. He hasn't been changing the set lists much, if any. That being said, most of the set is "new" as he's playing almost all of the last record.

9 out of 10 to be precise

Date: April 26, 2022 21:19

Yep, just leaving out the 17 minute Murder Most Foul. He finally added Crossing the Rubicon to this leg. Glad he did. It's good.

Date: April 27, 2022 12:56

NashvilleBlues
Yep, just leaving out the 17 minute Murder Most Foul. He finally added Crossing the Rubicon to this leg. Glad he did. It's good.

I can't wait! I'm seeing him June 2 & got some very nice seats.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 27, 2022 13:47

Went and saw him last time he was in PERTH Western Australia in 2014. 2500 seater Riverside Theatre. Nervous, as the tour before that he was DREADFUL. My wife is not a fan. “can’t sing”.

2014 - he was incandescent. Just glorious. No guitar playing for Bob. Just either standing and singing or sitting at the piano, singing.

I can’t wait till he comes back. I’m happy to play the Bob lottery.

Rod

Date: April 29, 2022 22:08

Dylan has just announced on fb that Dylan has something to announce on May 6th…
[www.facebook.com]
wild speculation has already started on expecting rain => [expectingrain.com]

beside that they is #dylan60 – are they mocking the Stones' upcoming tour?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 4, 2022 23:55

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 5, 2022 01:20

slewan
Dylan has just announced on fb that Dylan has something to announce on May 6th…
[www.facebook.com]
wild speculation has already started on expecting rain => [expectingrain.com]

beside that they is #dylan60 – are they mocking the Stones' upcoming tour?

No. It's now 60 years since Dylan released his first record.

Date: May 8, 2022 18:25

Date: May 10, 2022 19:29

From Reelin' in the Years comes this unseen video of Dylan at the Isle of Wight in 1969

[vimeo.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2022 00:45

81 years old today....

Happy Birthday to Bob Dylan.

Date: May 25, 2022 18:01

Bob Dylan’s First New Studio Recording of “Blowin’ In The Wind” Since 1962 - Produced by T Bone Burnett Utilising Groundbreaking Patented Technology to Create a One-of-One Ionic Original Disc L.A./N.Y./LONDON on 7 July 2022

[bostonharoldpodcast.blogspot.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 28, 2022 18:30

Two really good clips on the "Expecting Rain" website today that I thought were worth sharing:

"Summer Days" performance that is just ON FIRE!!

[www.youtube.com]

1963 TV performance of The Ballad of Hollis Brown

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-28 18:31 by loog droog.

Date: May 28, 2022 19:29

Seeing Bob Thursday. Can't wait!

Date: June 12, 2022 08:37

Bob finished last night's concert in Oakland with Friend of the Devil: [www.boblinks.com]

Date: June 12, 2022 11:09

Cristiano Radtke
Bob finished last night's concert in Oakland with Friend of the Devil: [www.boblinks.com]

Friend of theh Devil replaced Every Grain of Sand…

Date: June 12, 2022 23:44

Date: June 16, 2022 02:32

slewan
Bob Dylan will be publishing a new book called 'The Philosophy of Modern Song' to be published on Nov 8th, 2022.
see: [www.amazon.com]

Back cover:

[www.amazon.com]

"Portrait of Herbie Hill, Lou Blum, and Jack Crystal, Commodore Record Shop, New York, N.Y., ca. Aug. 1947"

[www.loc.gov]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2022 06:52

I'd like to go, but concerts are getting out of my price range. It's $120 for the cheap seats at the Pantages in Hollywood. It's only $44 to see Steve Martin and Martin Short at the Hollywood Bowl.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home