Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Shall I get a Rolling Stones tattoo?
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 2, 2014 23:05

I am having a mid life crisis and fancy having the Rolling Stones tongue tattooed on one of my arms or back. Do you have a Rolling Stones tattoo?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 00:21 by desertblues68.

Re: Shall I get a Rolling Stones tattoi?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 2, 2014 23:08

I've never been fond of tattoi's (I think it's actually tattoo..winking smiley), but I think a Rolling Stones one is an excellent way to handle your mid life crisis!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-02 23:36 by latebloomer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2014 23:29

I think if you got a One Direction tattoi, that would scream midlife crisis.

A stones tattoi is enduring.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 2, 2014 23:29

Yeah, go on, do it! I've got a little tattoo that I got when I realized that after 50 years I wasn't going to go off this band any time soon, and I love seeing it in the mirror every morning. smiling smiley

Date: August 2, 2014 23:32

Aquamarine
Yeah, go on, do it! I've got a little tattoo that I got when I realized that after 50 years I wasn't going to go off this band any time soon, and I love seeing it in the mirror every morning. smiling smiley

A stones decal on the mirror might have been less painful and intrusive mind you.

Re: Shall I get a Rolling Stones tattoo?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 3, 2014 01:24

If your a girl, yeah. Guy, then no.

Tattoos are a personal thing though. Think about it for a bit, then decide. Research your artist and make sure they run a clean shop.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 01:30

I have a small tongue on my back. Discreet but forever there.
The Stones music is part of me, and I decided I wanted my one tattoo to mean something.
So why not? You won't regret it. In fact, it makes you feel part of this thing we call Stones Fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 01:31 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 3, 2014 01:34

Here is my piece of advice: Stay away from all sorts of tattoos. I'm sure you won't regret it in the long run. And by the way, everyone is tattoed these days. Yours won't stand out.

Date: August 3, 2014 01:35

stupidguy2
I have a small tongue on my back. Discreet but forever there.
The Stones music is part of me, and I decided I wanted my one tattoo to mean something.
So why not? You won't regret it. In fact, it makes you feel part of this thing we call Stones Fan.

That is cool.

OK, and now for an epiphany. I JUST NOW realized what your onscreen name refers to.

Originally I thought you were a male, but that was years ago. I wasn't sure why a female would have the name stupidguy, but I didn't think too deeply about it.

NOW I finally have it! Rolling Stones - Stupid Girl. You're reply, Stupid Guy Too.

Love it.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 3, 2014 01:43

Nope, do what I did, get a dirt bike instead...

After hitting a 2 inch pine tree stump at about 55 mph, walked a half mile to the house with a broken collar bone, broken shoulder blade and bruised sternum. No pain meds until arriving at the local hospital about 2 hours later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 01:51 by shadooby.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 3, 2014 02:06

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

A stones decal on the mirror might have been less painful and intrusive mind you.

Also cheaper, but live and learn, and I'm still glad it's there! grinning smiley

Date: August 3, 2014 02:37

Aquamarine
treaclefingers
Aquamarine

Also cheaper, but live and learn, and I'm still glad it's there! grinning smiley

you probably won't get toothpaste on it either. well if you do, you can wash it off I guess.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 3, 2014 03:07

shadooby
Nope, do what I did, get a dirt bike instead...

After hitting a 2 inch pine tree stump at about 55 mph, walked a half mile to the house with a broken collar bone, broken shoulder blade and bruised sternum. No pain meds until arriving at the local hospital about 2 hours later.

You should have skipped the bike and gone straight to the pain meds...that woulda taken care of the mid life crisis real quick. grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 3, 2014 06:01

No you'll hate it after 30 years. Just being honest.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 06:08

desertblues68
I am having a mid life crisis and fancy having the Rolling Stones tongue tattooed on one of my arms or back. Do you have a Rolling Stones tattoo?
this is amazing.... I am 48 and I am actually in Greece for holidays, and yesterday I said to my wife that as soon as we go back I will do a small Tongue tattoo on my back.. mid life crisis?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 3, 2014 07:03

Hmm...permanent mediocre art under your skin. Great idea!

Not.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: August 3, 2014 08:43

I don´t think any tattoo can solve your midlife crisis, it only shows you might have one. What would change? You were OOC for an hour? As a solution to a problem you have discussed / mentioned on a music fan board? Do you expect the lips and tongue to talk to you when you´re desperate ("crisis" )?

Don´t do it!

Form a band instead, paint, work, live, be gentle or be mean! Create art instead of have it pinned under your skin.

just my 2 cents.

Fillmore

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 3, 2014 10:49

Read this before you go to the parlour :
[doyouremember.com] grinning smiley

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 11:35

If you have to ask this question,
the answer is definitely NO.

Posted by: huricane ()
Date: August 3, 2014 11:39

desertblues68
NO! For middle life crisis carefully read advice that was told to Tom Hagen (or Robert Duvall, it's same)

Date: August 3, 2014 12:31

I have been recommended an excellent tattoo artist from a mate, will probably get a small RS tongue on my back have wanted to this for about 25 years but did not dare until now>grinning smiley<

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 3, 2014 12:41

My advice : NO

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 3, 2014 13:05

Maybe a temporary/washable Tattoo might be an alternative - a genuine Tattoo could be regretted someday and the effort / cost for the removal are high.

Advantage: with a temporary/washable Tattoo you could use several designs from time to time ..... here are at least 75 templates: [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 13:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 13:28

I got the lyrics to Happy tattooed on my back.

I'm pretty heavily tattooed though but you wouldn't know it from looking.

Do it if you fancy it but make sure you can live with it. I'll be honest, I forget mine are there a lot of the time.

Here's a picture from straight after the sitting. Very swollen and sore but settled down into a cool tattoo.

[img1.imagilive.com]

Date: August 3, 2014 14:38

Raymond82
I got the lyrics to Happy tattooed on my back.

I'm pretty heavily tattooed though but you wouldn't know it from looking.

Do it if you fancy it but make sure you can live with it. I'll be honest, I forget mine are there a lot of the time.

Here's a picture from straight after the sitting. Very swollen and sore but settled down into a cool tattoo.

Raymond thanks for sharing your tattoo it is amazing. I have been a fan for 33 years and their music has given me so much happinesscool smiley
[img1.imagilive.com]

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 3, 2014 14:56

Got the Lick logo on the top of my left arm so unless I'm wearing a tank top or no top you can't see it. IE it's easy to conceal.

Take in a pic of it and away you go. Doesn't hurt and it's no big deal. I only have that and on the opposite arm my daughter's name tattooed. If worst came to worst and you regretted doing it laser removes it nowadays.

They've been I assume a big part of your life. It's just a bit of ink you can always remove later.

Had my mid lifey at 39 and not regretted it on the six years since smoking smiley

Do it brother!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 3, 2014 14:58

Do it and get a Harley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 3, 2014 15:02

If you have to get a tattoo, get something original. I'd suggest a younger gf or bf, whatever the case may be. winking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 15:32

Often thought about getting the tongue done on my arm, but never got round to it.

Go for it.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 3, 2014 15:35

I can't wait for my mid-life crisis. My plans are,

911 convertible in yellow
A Jenna Louise Coleman lookalike half my age
Summer road trip thru Canada hitting all 13 provinces and territories

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home