Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Marianne: "I know who killed Jim Morrison"
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 2, 2014 01:35

Re: Marianne: "I know who killed Jim Morrison"
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 2, 2014 02:33

Also in Mojo...

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 2, 2014 02:40

It's an old story, of course. Marianne told it in her 1994 autobiography.

[forum.johndensmore.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-02 02:42 by tatters.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 2, 2014 03:11

No, she doesn't.

That last night, Jim's girlfriend Pamela tells of how they were snorting the same heroin together, and she didn't die, but merely went to sleep. There was nothing wrong with the heroin they were doing. Marianne's friend merely jumped to conclusions because Jim happened to die when he did.

He had been bothered by a serious respiratory infection during his last days, and this is what actually killed him. He had massive bruising on his chest just over his lungs when he was found. There was no overdose.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 2, 2014 03:45

How do you know Pam and Jim did the same heroin? Could have been different bags....and also Jim was fat, out of shape and prone to excess...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 2, 2014 03:52

I know who keeps Marianne in the picture..

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: August 2, 2014 04:55

'No one gets out of here alive' explores this subject as well. Good book.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 2, 2014 08:04

BroomWagon

The book is a fun read but clearly written thru the eyes of a cpl of sycophants one of whom was a child (13?) at the time of all this going on while he hung with the Doors in LA.

I don't recall the book going into it at all in fact. Mind you I read it in 1987.

Marianne is a press whore and has lived off the greatness of others since she hooked up with the Stones. She is far more impressed with herself than most others.

The story of Morrison dying in Paris in the toilet of junk is old news and who really knows what happened? He apparently was sick and too silly to do anything about it. Kept smoking 75 Marlboroughs a day and drinking like a fish. Perhaps doing hammer. He probably died of pneumonia more than anything else.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 2, 2014 09:23

Well, I just want it on the record, it wasn't me.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 2, 2014 12:10

Who really cares ? Morrison was overrated.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 2, 2014 13:47

Jim and the Doors were great with that unique bluesy sound!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 2, 2014 14:01

Smack with alcohol killed many . .

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: August 2, 2014 15:05

Dreamer

That's quite a cryptic comment. What do you mean by that ?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 2, 2014 16:15

He diedeye popping smiley? I thought he was in Africa...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 2, 2014 16:18

Jim and the Doors were great with that unique bluesy sound!

Question is, how do you get that unique bluesy sound?

Date: August 2, 2014 16:44

OzHeavyThrobber
BroomWagon

The book is a fun read but clearly written thru the eyes of a cpl of sycophants one of whom was a child (13?) at the time of all this going on while he hung with the Doors in LA.

I don't recall the book going into it at all in fact. Mind you I read it in 1987.

Marianne is a press whore and has lived off the greatness of others since she hooked up with the Stones. She is far more impressed with herself than most others.

The story of Morrison dying in Paris in the toilet of junk is old news and who really knows what happened? He apparently was sick and too silly to do anything about it. Kept smoking 75 Marlboroughs a day and drinking like a fish. Perhaps doing hammer. He probably died of pneumonia more than anything else.

[en.wikipedia.org]

The wikipedia entry. Also, the book "No one gets out of here alive" was updated in 1995 according to the article.

Date: August 2, 2014 16:46

71Tele
Also in Mojo...

[www.mojo4music.com]

"Brian Jones: It Was Murder

Killing of the Rolling Stones guitarist was covered up by his minder, claims new book."

Not sure I saw anyone comment on this and just reiterating the posting.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 2, 2014 17:06

BroomWagon, in the interests of accuracy, Danny Sugerman, who wrote "Nobody Gets Out of Here Alive" may have been 13 when he first met Jim Morrison but they came to know each other quite well during the next years until Jim left for Paris..

Jim liked Danny and Danny looked up to Jim and worried about him. I knew them both and I found the book to be an honest account of those years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-02 17:12 by stonesrule.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: August 2, 2014 22:37

Visited his grave in Paris this summer (as part of the journey for the Stones concert), Did not think I would react to seeing the grave of a person who died 43 years ago, and which I first listened to 33 years ago. But I did... Did not expect that.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 2, 2014 23:05

GeorgV
Visited his grave in Paris this summer (as part of the journey for the Stones concert), Did not think I would react to seeing the grave of a person who died 43 years ago, and which I first listened to 33 years ago. But I did... Did not expect that.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 3, 2014 02:01

Chacal
Dreamer

Pretty sure Dreamer simply meant that without her past association with Mick, Marianne would not still receive media attention.

Date: August 3, 2014 03:18

<<'No one gets out of here alive' explores this subject as well. Good book.>>

Here's what Doors producer Paul Rothchild had to say about the book from a 1981 interview with BAM (Bay Area Music) Magazine:

"Danny Sugerman, (co-author of the book) is a FAN of the Doors who took Jerry Hopkins' original manuscript and destroyed it. Danny didn't interview me, Jerry did. Danny then changed a lot of my interview to HEARSAY that other people did. I am FURIOUS about the book, and so is everyone else I've talked to who is quoted in it. It's a great piece of sensationalism, very little of which holds to historical fact. The general shape of it is correct, but Jim is sensationalized rather spectacularly, and the best parts of Morrison are not there. The people who really helped the Doors' career are treated in a very cavalier manner, and the only people who come off well in my opinion are the groupies and sycophants who were hanging around the band and close to Danny Sugerman - who was a groupie himself."

Full interview at: [archives.waiting-forthe-sun.net]

Date: August 3, 2014 03:37

stonehearted
<<'No one gets out of here alive' explores this subject as well. Good book.>>

Here's what Doors producer Paul Rothchild had to say about the book from a 1981 interview with BAM (Bay Area Music) Magazine:

"Danny Sugerman, (co-author of the book) is a FAN of the Doors who took Jerry Hopkins' original manuscript and destroyed it. Danny didn't interview me, Jerry did. Danny then changed a lot of my interview to HEARSAY that other people did. I am FURIOUS about the book, and so is everyone else I've talked to who is quoted in it. It's a great piece of sensationalism, very little of which holds to historical fact. The general shape of it is correct, but Jim is sensationalized rather spectacularly, and the best parts of Morrison are not there. The people who really helped the Doors' career are treated in a very cavalier manner, and the only people who come off well in my opinion are the groupies and sycophants who were hanging around the band and close to Danny Sugerman - who was a groupie himself."

Full interview at: [archives.waiting-forthe-sun.net]

We are just talking about the updated version of the book and comment on Jim Morrison's death. Good for the critical review however. It was a mass-market paperback, sold surely millions.

Date: August 3, 2014 03:47

If anyone is interested in reading the definitive Morrison biography, then I would direct you to James Riordan's only music bio:

BREAK ON THROUGH—The Life and Death Of Jim Morrison by James Riordan and Jerry Prochnicky (1991; Harper Collins books).

Reviews at: [articles.waiting-forthe-sun.net] and [www.thesoftparade.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 3, 2014 04:03

Danny's co-writer on the original book was someone who wrote for Rolling Stone and may have well been carried away especially if he didn't interview Rothchild, who certainly often saw things differently from Jim.

The point I wanted to make is that Danny truly appreciated Jim and Jim treated him like a brother.

The book was a continuing success although I don't know that it sold millions.

Still, Danny was essentially a good and loyal friend to Jim, and because he is dead and not able to speak up for himself we will never know how he saw it all in hindsight as he became older. He was not a parasite.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: August 3, 2014 06:08

With their last two albums Morrison Hotel and L.A. Woman they really were becoming "the American Stones" in the best way possible, by creatively transforming American roots music into their own thing. It's a damn shame it couldn't have gone further,

John Barleycorn killed Jim Morrison. His body was devastated by alcoholic drinking.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 3, 2014 17:50

When I discovered The Doors in 1975, there were no bio, save for a French one. Curiously enough, all the bios started after 1980.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 3, 2014 17:54

Rocky Dijon
Chacal
Dreamer

Pretty sure Dreamer simply meant that without her past association with Mick, Marianne would not still receive media attention.

Yeah...that's too often the way MF is keeping MF in the picture.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: August 4, 2014 00:15

Nobody's ever going to know for sure. Jim died end of story. The guy was fat and did everything to excess so not many other endings are available.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 4, 2014 11:50

Wry Cooter
With their last two albums Morrison Hotel and L.A. Woman they really were becoming "the American Stones" in the best way possible, by creatively transforming American roots music into their own thing. It's a damn shame it couldn't have gone further,

John Barleycorn killed Jim Morrison. His body was devastated by alcoholic drinking.

+1

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home