Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones riff > Kiss Got to Choose> Tom Petty Refugee
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 26, 2014 04:48

Is there some evolution of a Keith riff that creates Got To Choose and later used by Petty? I remember reading that Gene write Deuce off of the riff in Bitch, but I really did not see that connection.

Re: Stones riff > Kiss Got to Choose> Tom Petty Refugee
Date: July 26, 2014 10:19

There is some BS in Strutter smiling smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2014 10:53

Gene has said that the bassline for Deuce is really just Bitch backwards. I see what he means although I really haven't listened all that hard for it.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 27, 2014 15:36

Thanks for the posts. I'll listen for Brown Sugar in Strutter (is it in the riff?), I think what I'm hearing in Got to Choose is a modification of Satisfaction. Petty definitely ripped off that song for Refugee though- heard it on the radio again and when the opening occurred, I could sing KISS' song with the riff.

Not a huge Kiss fan, just trying to stir up some discussions on similarities in music because Keith's old quote that went something like 12 frets, 6 strings- not many combinations you can do original (which I think mathematically is incorrect, I think there are many combos; however not all would sound good in a chord progression).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home